Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2015, 04:54 PM

38 posts, read 71,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Am I the only one who thinks OP might be trolling? Something about this whole thing seems off.
Again its easy to say this stuff doesnt exist if you dont actually live in the city. Its easy to talk from suburbia if you dont experience the city. I will give you my apartment for a week. Walk around the city and then we will see if im really "trolling" .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2015, 09:28 PM

12,883 posts, read 14,001,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerboy1990 View Post
Again its easy to say this stuff doesnt exist if you dont actually live in the city. Its easy to talk from suburbia if you dont experience the city. I will give you my apartment for a week. Walk around the city and then we will see if im really "trolling" .
LOL I never said AC isn't bad. I know it is. And you said you did too, which is why I can't fathom how and why you decided to leave your girlfriend or fiancé or whatever to move there. And now you complain to NJ residents. You're "warning" us as if we don't already know. I think your whole story is false and you're lying, I don't think AC is a wonderful safe place. I know it's bad. Your story just seems fishy to me.

Old 11-25-2015, 10:21 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,050,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Rumor is Atlantic City's gentrification is in the works. They are focusing on Newark and Asbury Park first.

Remember, the key to gentrification is to get rid of the people already there first. Detroit did / is doing it with bankruptcy and water shut-offs. Chicago will complete their round once the pension situation reaches a head. Atlantic City will probably be in just a couple of decades.
Gentrification does usually require replacement. If you have nothing but low income and crime, you are not going to have improvement without moving some of that away. No pain, no gain.

Old 11-25-2015, 10:27 PM

Quote:
You've apparently seen a few things, but it's not as bad as you are making it out to be. I've stay at the Trop countless times and jog the neighborhoods as part of my fitness routine. You know, the danger zones 2-4 blocks in. I'm white and very assaultable. It's never happened in 30 years.

Perhaps you just were in several wrong places at several right times and are now hypersensitized and hypercritical. In any case, I've seen a few hookers and 1 drunk fight, otherwise no issues.

Now it would improve if we got government OUT OF ALL HOUSING and people were forced to work to earn their housing or face the alternative of life in the forest with the bears. Then there would be no projects and no project problems.

That would be too morally just, so it will never happen.

Old 11-26-2015, 07:16 AM

1,384 posts, read 1,756,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
Now it would improve if we got government OUT OF ALL HOUSING and people were forced to work to earn their housing or face the alternative of life in the forest with the bears. Then there would be no projects and no project problems.
Uh, no. We would just have more homeless people on the streets.

Old 11-26-2015, 07:21 AM

12,101 posts, read 17,104,566 times
AC was built as a place that hosts GAMBLING. So, the idea that greasy elements are there should surprise nobody.

Just from my own personal experience, I've done some work for the community in AC and it is nowhere near as bad as some of the other places I've been.

I'd have no qualms living there.

Camden, different story.

Old 11-26-2015, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
LOL I never said AC isn't bad. I know it is. And you said you did too, which is why I can't fathom how and why you decided to leave your girlfriend or fiancé or whatever to move there. And now you complain to NJ residents. You're "warning" us as if we don't already know. I think your whole story is false and you're lying, I don't think AC is a wonderful safe place. I know it's bad. Your story just seems fishy to me.
Like i said i will give you my apartment for a week. I'd bet my last dollar you would be crying to come back to your house. You dont live in Atlantic City so you cant tell anybody what its really like living here. Its funny how people who live somewhere else have the most to say about the city when you dont live there ! lol . I will personally pack your bags, pick you up from your house , and drop you off at my place. If that doesnt change our perpection i dont know what will.

http://6abc.com/news/police-kill-sus...market/833134/

Police-involved shooting kills 20-year-old Atlantic City man, prosecutor says - Press of Atlantic City: News

Im lying though right? lol . Those are only two incidents right on my street. The boy was killed by police in a shootout in my backyard. The guy got his neck sliced off at the store across the street. And im exaggerating right? Less than a year and this crazy stuff is going on. You people living in the suburbs downplay everything like its not all that bad because is a walk in the park where you live. Problem is , you dont actually live in the area so you cannot speak on anything thats going on. You have a outside point of view not inside, so stick with what you really know and dont pretend to really "know" whats going on.

Old 11-26-2015, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
You've apparently seen a few things, but it's not as bad as you are making it out to be. I've stay at the Trop countless times and jog the neighborhoods as part of my fitness routine. You know, the danger zones 2-4 blocks in. I'm white and very assaultable. It's never happened in 30 years.

Perhaps you just were in several wrong places at several right times and are now hypersensitized and hypercritical. In any case, I've seen a few hookers and 1 drunk fight, otherwise no issues.

That would be too morally just, so it will never happen.
Staying at the trop and jogging neighborhoods doesnt mean you were an actual resident here. I'd also best my last dollar you jogged Ventnor or margate and not the actual city. Live here for a year we will see if you still feel the same.

Old 11-26-2015, 04:22 PM

20 posts, read 60,949 times
Why on earth would you live in Atlantic City when there are so much better areas just 5 minutes away?

Old 11-26-2015, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Staying at the trop and jogging neighborhoods doesnt mean you were an actual resident here. I'd also best my last dollar you jogged Ventnor or margate and not the actual city. Live here for a year we will see if you still feel the same.
Well, yes I was. When I come down, which is very often, I stay 4-5 days at a clip and jog every day. I should have been mugged or murdered 37 times according to your overblown story. You are suffering from hypersensitivity syndrome. You happened to be unlucky and saw more than your share of badness due to random variance, and you are incorrectly projecting that as a reality. AC is no worse than many other small and poor cities. Meaning if you are sensible and don't run around the projects at 4AM, you will generally be fine and have a good life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey