Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2015, 11:41 PM

38 posts, read 71,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leps12 View Post
Ditto, was it for a job?
No i didnt move here for a job. I know a friend from college that has family here. He said he was thinking of moving here. I thought about the idea for a while and took it once i had the opportunity. I broke up with my fiance, left everything in Virginia to start a new fun life. It tragically didnt turn out that way now im suffering from it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2015, 06:51 AM

4,940 posts, read 12,162,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
I still think nj tranist should connect bayhead directly to AC. This way you bypass philly when coming from NYC. Saves time.
I remember reading recently that NJ Transit either cut back or eliminated some train service due to lack of ridership. So I don't think adding more trains is the answer.

Old 11-23-2015, 01:23 PM

1,437 posts, read 2,577,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post

...I still think nj tranist should connect bayhead directly to AC. This way you bypass philly when coming from NYC. Saves time....
The train at one time did go to Seaside Park cross Barnegat Bay and go to Philadelphia. THE ROW on the island is now roadways, much of it is Route 35 SB. Can not go on the old tracks. The cost of getting rail to mainland from Bay Head would be very high and not wanted. Perhaps an extention of the MOM via Lakehurst, Toms River would be more realistic. Having easier access to the Shore south of Bay Head from NYC and North Jersey would probably help with traffic on the GSP, but there would need to be shuttle bus service to places like LBI, Ocean City, Cape May etc

Old 11-23-2015, 08:48 PM

220 posts, read 380,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerboy1990 View Post
No i didnt move here for a job. I know a friend from college that has family here. He said he was thinking of moving here. I thought about the idea for a while and took it once i had the opportunity. I broke up with my fiance, left everything in Virginia to start a new fun life. It tragically didnt turn out that way now im suffering from it.
You broke up w/ your fiancé and left everything to start a fun life in AC?? A little more research might've gone a long way prior to making such a life-altering decision, no offense...

Old 11-23-2015, 09:01 PM

38 posts, read 71,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpf723 View Post
You broke up w/ your fiancé and left everything to start a fun life in AC?? A little more research might've gone a long way prior to making such a life-altering decision, no offense...
Unfortunately yes, however i do realize my mistake now. I cant even come out the house its just so bad here and miserable. I cant wait too leave i pray to god its soon.

Old 11-24-2015, 06:50 AM

1,548 posts, read 4,320,936 times
Default Biff Won!

Quote:
i thought it would be just like vegas and my life would be perfect. Man i wish i could leave. One question, why doesn't the city seperate the ghettos from the attractions?
It's not that complicated. Forty years ago, legalized gaming presented an opportunity for true revitalization. That opportunity was squandered.

WHY? Because in this real-life Back To The Future parallel, Biff won! And the Biffs want the ghetto integrated with the "attractions" — just enough to get the votes.

Quote:
Trust me, you dont understand . Downtown to ventnor border is still ghetto a young dude just got shot a few days ago. the whole city is crime ridden. The things ive seen go on in this city in just one year is too much for me. Like i said i am used to crime. Its easy to say its not that bad if you dont actually live in Atlantic City. Where im from in Richmond crime is often. But rarely is it as vicious and brutal as this place. this city is 17 square miles and has Chicago like crime. I was walking down Pacific Avenue today really just depressed the whole city looked deserted. Like a ghost town. Its depressing living here i have to wait atleast a year to move though. Hopefully it works out for the best. (Bold emphasis added)
Boardwalk Empire may be more docudrama than fiction. Nucky Thompson is based on a historical character. Is Chicago-like crime really a surprise?

Old 11-24-2015, 07:12 AM

1,384 posts, read 1,760,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickDD View Post
It's not that complicated. Forty years ago, legalized gaming presented an opportunity for true revitalization. That opportunity was squandered.

WHY? Because in this real-life Back To The Future parallel, Biff won! And the Biffs want the ghetto integrated with the "attractions" — just enough to get the votes.

Boardwalk Empire may be more docudrama than fiction. Nucky Thompson is based on a historical character. Is Chicago-like crime really a surprise?
I'm pretty sure that's not the kind of crime he's talking about.

Old 11-24-2015, 10:00 AM

4,940 posts, read 12,162,056 times
Quote:
Unfortunately yes, however i do realize my mistake now. I cant even come out the house its just so bad here and miserable. I cant wait too leave i pray to god its soon.
Sounds like you should break whatever lease you have and get the hell outta there. Its not worth risking your life.

Old 11-24-2015, 02:12 PM

12,883 posts, read 14,017,204 times
Am I the only one who thinks OP might be trolling? Something about this whole thing seems off.

Old 11-24-2015, 03:39 PM

19,154 posts, read 25,385,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Am I the only one who thinks OP might be trolling? Something about this whole thing seems off.

I also suspect trolling.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey