Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 02:00 PM

1,947 posts, read 3,322,492 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowsjc View Post
Democrat here, but I've felt from the start that this whole "conspiracy" has less to do with Christie, and more to do with the morons that run one of the most crooked and inept organizations in existence - the Port Authority. I think while the damage has been done to Christie for a national political run, he is good to go here in the state, especially with Booker out of the picture (no way he leaves the Senate to be a governor - that's not usually how it works).

Fulop is the next in line to give Christie a fight for state-wide elections, but he is still at least another cycle and a half away from that.
Agree about Fulop. He's a rising star in NJ. Krispy Kreme will finish his term as Gov. I find it more interesting now that Romney didn't select Krispy Kreme for his running mate. Apparently, the Romney dirt digging machine said Krispy Kreme has a lot of skeletons. There may be more to this story. I hope not, but it is really strange that they decided to screw with this Mayor. What's the point?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2014, 02:02 PM

396 posts, read 708,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
That's been my point all along. Makes no sense to me.
So the reason that it was thought to be the endorsement issue is because of a comment Wildstein made in the texts. After the Bridge lanes were closed, Bridget Kelly reached out to David Wildstein. Like all good provocateurs, she wanted to know one thing: had Fort Lee complained yet? Had she gotten the reaction they were hoping for...

Wildstein's response was to say the following: "Radio silence. "His name comes right after Mayor Fulop," he wrote, referring to Steven Fulop, mayor of Jersey City. Steven Fulop is the dude who had ten meeting abruptly cancelled in Trenton the day he announced he was NOT endorsing Christie. I suppose it was comments like that one that might have prompted the assumption this was retaliation for an endorsement.

But I think Rachel Maddow had a much better guess....even though I really think she over-reached a few times when she explained it.

Her staffers went back to see what happened August 12th, the night before the email was sent out. Bridget Kelly sent that email out at 7:36 the morning of August 13th.

So what was Christie doing the night before?

Complaining (rightfully in my opinion) about the Democratic state house members continual pattern of blocking all Christie's nominations for NJ Supreme Court Judges. It started back in 2010, when Christie took the most unusual step of NOT reappointing a sitting justice--something typically not done. State democrats went nuts over this and vowed to block or reject any future nominees that Christie put forward. They have been at war over this for the past three years.

On August 12th, Christie did something wildly unexpected. He declined to not nominate Justice Helen Hoens for a lifetime appointment--even though she had a very good job, and her husband was on Christie's staff. The rationale? He was trying to protect Justice Hoens from "those animals" as he called the Senate Democrats the evening of 8/12.

Maddow says that Fort Lee sits right smack in the middle of the district managed by Loretta Weinberg--the Senate Democrat leader. So her theory is that it was Senator Weinberg he was really retaliating against.

Now--it's a theory. Maddow really over reached. Some of her statements were ludicrous like "he was furious" --when the video clip showed a rather weary but decidedly NOT furious Christie.....among other things.

But very interesting theory.

Old 01-10-2014, 02:09 PM

2,535 posts, read 6,666,272 times
I love theories!!! Like the one about Obama not being born in the US or that the American government was behind 911, or that the CIA created AIDS!!!!

They are all equally as interesting.

Old 01-10-2014, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdstyles View Post
I love theories!!! Like the one about Obama not being born in the US or that the American government was behind 911, or that the CIA created AIDS!!!!

They are all equally as interesting.
So what's yours?

Old 01-10-2014, 02:13 PM

759 posts, read 3,144,327 times
If only the media were as relentless to get to the bottom of the IRS scandal, Benghazi, Obamacare, Fast and Furious, etc.

It's the first time in 5 years I've seen the media chomp at the bit on anything

Old 01-10-2014, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplesky View Post
If only the media were as relentless to get to the bottom of the IRS scandal, Benghazi, Obamacare, Fast and Furious, etc.

What's Fast and Furious?

I think the media has beaten these other subjects to death--but at the end of the day, none were so blatantly provable as this......

When this first rumbling, I ignored it completely--par for the course in politics. But they have actual verifiable proof that his office caused this and even if you think that traffic is a joke, it was still incredibly illegal and very well linked back to Christie.

John Edwards, Anthony Weinter and Bill Clinton all got caught lying in the same way--and the fallout was swift and equally loud. It's about personal misconduct, abuse of power, etc and it's not innuendo but rather verifiable. That's where the outcry is coming from.....

Find me an email that has Hillary giving a thumbs up to Bengazi, or another one where the IRS says "oooh we can get the tea partiers" and you ight have more interest. OTherwise, it's failures of competence and a ton of innuendo but no overt wrongdoing... or crime.

Old 01-10-2014, 02:30 PM

2,535 posts, read 6,666,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanonGrace View Post
So what's yours?
That we are all puppets of the media. They hear these stories and make them news by playing on peoples partisan ideologies, not to inform the public but to win eyeballs and sell advertising.

My theory is that you, me and everyone else who engages in these debates about nonsense are lemmings and just as guilty as the media for participating in the game.

It's just a theory...

Old 01-10-2014, 02:31 PM

3,984 posts, read 7,075,143 times
We need someone to offer Bridge-t complete immunity and she'll spill on Krispie Kreme.

Old 01-10-2014, 02:33 PM

3,984 posts, read 7,075,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplesky View Post

You forgot Whitewater!

Old 01-10-2014, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdstyles View Post
That we are all puppets of the media. They hear these stories and make them news by playing on peoples partisan ideologies, not to inform the public but to win eyeballs and sell advertising.

My theory is that you, me and everyone else who engages in these debates about nonsense are lemmings and just as guilty as the media for participating in the game.

It's just a theory...
Funny!

Signed, Lemming #1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey