Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 08:05 AM

19,169 posts, read 25,428,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
He isn't going anywhere and if he did I would assume the LT Gov would fill in until next election
That is correct.
Silent Kim (has anyone ever actually heard her voice?) would become governor until the next election...or until she is indicted.
There is an ongoing issue involving her "gaming" of the state pension system for the benefit of one of her cronies in Monmouth County.

Or, in other words, business as usual in NJ...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2014, 08:07 AM

4,516 posts, read 5,075,957 times
With his ethics, the Democrat Party will be after him to join their ranks, he'd be perfect ! He's nothing but a RINO anyway.

Old 01-10-2014, 08:28 AM

12,546 posts, read 21,444,867 times
I can't see this causing that far of a fall for Christie. But one interesting thing I read this morning....why are people so quickly buying that the reason this bridge thing happened was because the Fort Lee mayor didn't endorse him? There are a number of other mayors who didn't endorse him, so why did they go after the fort lee mayor? The risk of causing huge traffic jams at the world's most traveled bridge for what benefit? Payback to a small town's mayor that no one even knows his name, for not endorsing Christie in a race he was already going to win big and already had 60 democrat mayors endorsing him?

This gets into conspiracy theory thinking, but honestly...why do that to the GWB for such a small reason? Or did they think they'd just be shutting the lanes for a day and it got out of hand? Who knows.

I love the frivilous lawsuit that's already been filed. Lawyers suck. lol

Old 01-10-2014, 09:05 AM

7,059 posts, read 19,346,024 times
1. CC isn't going anywhere fast.
2. Cory Booker isn't going to leave the US Senate to try for NJ governorship.

I think we're going to have another dregs-of-the-state-legislature ticket next election. It's possible a mayor such as Fulop of Jersey City could try to get on the scene, but I think he has an uphill fight to get on the ticket, with bigtime enemies in the Hudson Democratic org, and lack of statewide name recognition.

Old 01-10-2014, 10:22 AM

2,098 posts, read 3,533,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by va_bank View Post
It will be another Corzine-Whitman-Buono who will expand handouts and raises taxes. Why do you think Christie is being treated like he had a dead hooker in trunk or snorted coke on the job or invented Obamacare? He's nothing but a glitch in the machine of NJ politics that was never meant to have a Republican running it. They will not stop until things are back to "normal". I'm not a fan of his, but I'm glad we have him, hopefully for another 4 years which MAY give me enough time to escape out of NJ.
Agreed. The cover of the NYT yesterday painted the controversy worse than they did with Eliot Spitzer

Libs are so dumb.

Old 01-10-2014, 10:34 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,242,779 times
If Christie "gets stuck" on his way out, then what happens.

I would assume we need better leadership. Anyone here willing to get involved in NJ politics for benefiting the people, not their pockets.

Old 01-10-2014, 12:43 PM

12,883 posts, read 14,033,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradykp View Post
I can't see this causing that far of a fall for Christie. But one interesting thing I read this morning....why are people so quickly buying that the reason this bridge thing happened was because the Fort Lee mayor didn't endorse him? There are a number of other mayors who didn't endorse him, so why did they go after the fort lee mayor? The risk of causing huge traffic jams at the world's most traveled bridge for what benefit? Payback to a small town's mayor that no one even knows his name, for not endorsing Christie in a race he was already going to win big and already had 60 democrat mayors endorsing him?

This gets into conspiracy theory thinking, but honestly...why do that to the GWB for such a small reason? Or did they think they'd just be shutting the lanes for a day and it got out of hand? Who knows.

I love the frivilous lawsuit that's already been filed. Lawyers suck. lol
That's been my point all along. Makes no sense to me.

Old 01-10-2014, 12:53 PM

1,956 posts, read 3,340,679 times
Bring back Corzine...he can run NJ right off the cliff and put us out of misery. The state has one of the worst financial situations in the country. I say bring back Corzine, raise property taxes and raise sales taxes.

Old 01-10-2014, 12:55 PM

123 posts, read 238,524 times
Democrat here, but I've felt from the start that this whole "conspiracy" has less to do with Christie, and more to do with the morons that run one of the most crooked and inept organizations in existence - the Port Authority. I think while the damage has been done to Christie for a national political run, he is good to go here in the state, especially with Booker out of the picture (no way he leaves the Senate to be a governor - that's not usually how it works).

Fulop is the next in line to give Christie a fight for state-wide elections, but he is still at least another cycle and a half away from that.

Old 01-10-2014, 12:58 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,777,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
That is correct.
Silent Kim (has anyone ever actually heard her voice?) would become governor until the next election...or until she is indicted.
There is an ongoing issue involving her "gaming" of the state pension system for the benefit of one of her cronies in Monmouth County.

Or, in other words, business as usual in NJ...

I actually know Kim, so yes, I have heard her voice.

She would done a good enough job until a new election is held.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey