Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2013, 10:37 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,202,675 times

Advertisements

I was kindly requested by some posters to develop a plan for expanding and improving Trenton Mercer Airport. It turns out that I was able to devise a feasible plan to build a significantly large passenger terminal to support destinations to all major cities across US and Canada alone. If this airport project leads to more positive outcomes for the people in NJ and Philly suburbs, then I shall shelve the Atlantic City Airport project in favor of this new airport. As discussed before, this terminal will be constructed and operate through a public private partnership funding model between the state on NJ and a major infrastructure firm. Visit the link below, and tell me if my plans will have a significant impact on air travel options for those living in central NJ and adjoining PA counties.

Trenton Mercer International Airport (TTN):

http://goo.gl/maps/7lQmY

Additionally, I feel that this airport should have been taken over by PANY&NJ instead of Stewart airport. Politicians in NJ at that time should have pushed PANY&NJ harder to expand TTN instead of allowing PANY&NJ to expand and operate an airport in rural NY state. Wonder why they failed to do so .

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 10-06-2013 at 10:45 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2013, 04:43 PM

14 posts, read 22,094 times
umm ok

Old 10-08-2013, 06:57 AM

756 posts, read 2,117,414 times
The TTN runway isn't long enough to support service to Frontier's hub in DEN. Thus, Frontier flies ILG-DEN and not TTN-DEN.

The airport is a county airport. I think it's proximity to neighborhoods will prevent it from growing significantly.

What do you mean by shelve the Atlantic City Airport project? It's not a project, it's already in operation and is finished with expansion for the time being.

Old 10-08-2013, 08:54 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,202,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by avg12 View Post
What do you mean by shelve the Atlantic City Airport project? It's not a project, it's already in operation and is finished with expansion for the time being.
OH (me being stupid), my bad, I actually posted a larger expansion plan for a new terminal. But it was opposed and detested by other people. Hence, I decided to reject it. Visit this thread to learn more about it:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/urban...struction.html

My intention was for AC airport to serve as a secondary airport for the Greater Philadelphia Region. Since that was not accepted, and some people wanted me to focus on Trenton instead, I decided to devise a construction plan for TTN airport.

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 10-08-2013 at 09:02 PM..

Old 10-08-2013, 11:38 PM

386 posts, read 871,817 times
Noise ordinances, traffic, area reputation. Sorry, but as great as this will be, it will never happen.

Old 10-09-2013, 03:08 PM

8,632 posts, read 12,993,036 times
Frontier plans on adding low-cost flights at Trenton airport. At least it's a start in the right direction.

Frontier adding low-cost flights at Trenton airport

Old 10-09-2013, 06:17 PM

756 posts, read 2,117,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
OH (me being stupid), my bad, I actually posted a larger expansion plan for a new terminal. But it was opposed and detested by other people. Hence, I decided to reject it. Visit this thread to learn more about it:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/urban...struction.html

My intention was for AC airport to serve as a secondary airport for the Greater Philadelphia Region. Since that was not accepted, and some people wanted me to focus on Trenton instead, I decided to devise a construction plan for TTN airport.
I think TTN is going to be like HPN, that is remain as a county airport. TTN like HPN is land constrained in some way and it's close enough to another major airport in the state, but having some niche. In the case of TTN it's EWR, and for HPN it's JFK/LGA, so there won't be state level interest to increase operations, size and volume at the airport.

ACY would have more potential as a secondary airport for Philadelphia, if it wasn't so far east for most of the Philly region.

I think ILG has more centrality than ACY and it's not as contrained as TTN, and Delaware has no other commercial airport, but Delaware has taken a low profile attitude compared to NJ and MD in the idea that major airport can bring business into region. Probably it figures PHL and BWI are close enough and residents can just use one of them.

Maryland subsidizes the British Airways flight out of BWI, just to bring business into Maryland. NJ uses toll revenue from ACY Expressway to subsidize ACY.

Delaware isn't all that concerned about ILG or even having attractions in New Castle County to bring in tourists and traffic flow.

Frontier has shown interest in that airport, although Frontier has shown more interested in TTN, esp. with more new routes going to TTN.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey