Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2013, 07:33 AM

7 posts, read 21,353 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

Did a search and didn't see this covered. Does anyone know how the commuter parking situation is at the Roselle Park train station (during peak times)? I checked njtransit.com and see there's about 250 spaces. Parking costs $3/day - is this accurate? Do the spaces fill up quickly?

Also, does anyone know if they offer non-residents permits and if there is a wait list?

Just bought a house in Kenilworth, NJ three weeks ago - equal distance from Cranford and Roselle Park stations. I've been taking the train from Cranford but wanted to try out Roselle Park, too! Would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2013, 07:46 AM

5,772 posts, read 16,586,846 times
As far as I know there's no list. It's first come first served.

Old 02-25-2014, 11:51 AM

72 posts, read 240,554 times
bumping. I would like to know as i'm interested in this town. I'm not seeing info for what a montly parking permit is though?

Old 02-28-2014, 12:10 PM

99 posts, read 285,539 times
I'd probably drive down the the Union Train Station. Would take you just as much time as driving down to Roselle Park. Has a large parking lot there. $3.50/DAY OR $60/MONTH

Old 03-10-2014, 12:31 PM

7 posts, read 21,353 times
Hi DPooch167, I've been driving to RP train from Kenilworth since September. There's plenty of parking if you take an early train but the lots do fill up eventually. Parking is $3 a day and there are no permits available it's first come first serve. If you are moving to Roselle Park chances are you will be walking distance to the train as the town is pretty small. A lot of people seem to walk to the train rather than park (or have a family member drop them off). Hope this helps and good luck.

Old 08-30-2016, 01:34 PM

1 posts, read 3,567 times
Default Parking situation rellay stinks in Roselle Park

Parking in the lot is your only option unless you live nearby to the station and can walk. The lot parking is $3 a day and you must have change - the manned ticket booth is usually open in the morning but the NJ transit agent does not like to give change. So you either have to carry dollar coins or make sure you have 3 singles before you leave the house. I have parked on the street and have been ticketed. Driving to the Union lot defeats the purpose of having a "nearby" train station to use. the lot has plenty of spots through the morning rush hour and fills up after 9:00ish.

They really need to move this station into the 21st century with the ability to secure a monthly pass for daily commuters. Residents in RP and surrounding towns like Kenilworth should get priority.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey