Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2022, 09:29 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,570 posts, read 81,167,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfish740 View Post
Ok, then let's start publishing the names and addresses of the following:

Personal Bankruptcy filers
Food stamp recipients
Welfare recipients
SSDI recipients
Medicaid recipients
People losing their homes to Sheriff's sale
Unemployment benefit recipients
People committed to mental institutions by order of a judge (temporarily or otherwise)
People who have filed for divorce
Death certificates (with cause of death, suicide, etc...)
People receiving early intervention services from the state for autism, aspergers, and other childhood developmental disorders

I'm not talking about in the back of the paper in 1/2 point font where some of this stuff is listed already. I'm talking about in an article on the front page. Just because something is a public record doesn't mean it's a good idea to widely publish it
In many states, such as ours, that information is all readily available to anyone by simply doing a public information request. The Tacoma News Tribune newspaper will do requests every year, and publish the name, title and salary of every employee of every public agency in the state. That's school employees, libraries, counties, cities, airport, and public utilities. Want to know how much your next-door neighbor makes at his City of Seattle job? Just google: city of seattle salaries tacoma news
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2022, 09:35 AM

2,409 posts, read 1,528,388 times
I prefer the newspaper print the names and addresses of people caught with guns that were stolen, had the serial numbers obliterated or used them to commit crimes. Heck, even show their pictures.

I'm sure a very small percentage of the guns that were legally purchased and legally owned are used to commit crimes. People prohibited from owning firearms or illegally obtained guns are most likely those used when crimes are committed.

The wrong subset of gun owners is being targeted by this newspaper.

Old 05-06-2022, 09:46 AM

10,475 posts, read 6,991,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monello View Post
I prefer the newspaper print the names and addresses of people caught with guns that were stolen, had the serial numbers obliterated or used them to commit crimes. Heck, even show their pictures.

I'm sure a very small percentage of the guns that were legally purchased and legally owned are used to commit crimes. People prohibited from owning firearms or illegally obtained guns are most likely those used when crimes are committed.

The wrong subset of gun owners is being targeted by this newspaper.
This is well known and common sense. The lefts true agenda isn't about gun safety, or making the streets safe, its about removing the 2nd Amendment, as its one the item standing in the way of the globalist's of taking out America. This was so important to the founders, that they made it the second item in the Constitution next to free speech, which the left tries to control and muzzle at any opportunity available.

Old 05-06-2022, 10:56 AM

2,658 posts, read 1,180,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
It's public information just like court proceedings. If they don't like they should tell their legislators to change the law.
I didn't open the link but I can tell you this. A friend of mine have a knipper Sh fit when she found out that google had allowed people to see the homeowners who owned guns in their home.

Her reason was because the thinks people will rob, as she put it, her home looking to steal the guns.

I find it hard to believe that people will go to her house and burglarize it while she is at work just to get her guns.

Old 05-06-2022, 11:28 AM

3,058 posts, read 3,823,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
This is well known and common sense. The lefts true agenda isn't about gun safety, or making the streets safe, its about removing the 2nd Amendment, as its one the item standing in the way of the globalist's of taking out America. This was so important to the founders, that they made it the second item in the Constitution next to free speech, which the left tries to control and muzzle at any opportunity available.
I keep trying to rep you but I can't because you're bang on-point pretty much every time.

Look no further than what they did in Canada and Australia.

Old 05-06-2022, 03:40 PM

32,932 posts, read 36,351,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staystill View Post
I didn't open the link but I can tell you this. A friend of mine have a knipper Sh fit when she found out that google had allowed people to see the homeowners who owned guns in their home.

Her reason was because the thinks people will rob, as she put it, her home looking to steal the guns.

I find it hard to believe that people will go to her house and burglarize it while she is at work just to get her guns.
Why is that hard to believe?

Old 05-06-2022, 03:57 PM

19,125 posts, read 25,327,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
I agree, but I'm still trying to figure out what his/her post might mean.
I understand the "sh fit" part, but the "knipper" modifier is a mystery to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by staystill View Post
A friend of mine have a knipper Sh fit

Old 05-06-2022, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
It seems over the top crazy to me to think her 3 guns are so all important that someone would risk being shot trying to break in.

Old 05-06-2022, 04:58 PM

Default t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
I agree, but I'm still trying to figure out what his/her post might mean.
I understand the "sh fit" part, but the "knipper" modifier is a mystery to me.

LOL I miss spelled Knip meaning knipsh!t fit so knipper sh fit. The auto spell changed it to knip to knipper.

sometimes people call it "a knippers" instead of knipsh!t.

Last edited by staystill; 05-06-2022 at 05:03 PM.. Reason: knip to knippers and last sentence

Old 05-06-2022, 08:05 PM

4,028 posts, read 3,637,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post

I’m so glad the founders took a long enough break from whipping their slaves to write the second amendment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey