Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 07:49 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,736,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhysNJ View Post
The sheer idiocy of Cablevision making this change during the height of the rental season at the New Jersey shore is just beyond belief. I'd love to know which moron in this company was responsible for that decision.

Rental agents throughout Ocean County have been doing little else for the last few weeks, trying to pick up boxes on behalf of owners so that tenants have television service.

Personally, I had to take half a day off yesterday and drive down to their store in Seaside to pick up two boxes, then take an hour to set them up for the tenants. I didn't want to bother my rental agent further.

A third box had been picked up by the agent but would not work because the signal was apparently "too weak" to handle the digital box correctly. As usual, they didn't want to come out for several days but finally agreed to come out yesterday and correct the problem. A signal that worked fine for years all of a sudden was inadequate for use with a box. So now I have four of their clunky boxes, all of which will have to be returned in November for the winter unless I agree to pay a reduced rate to maintain service for six months of non-usage. I'd love to toss all four of them into the Barnegat Bay.

Rhys
Yep next they will be telling you to update the cable wiring within the house and they will gladly do it at some freakin outrageous rate....once again consumer gets screwed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey