Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 12:58 PM

3 posts, read 2,752 times

Advertisements

Hello All,

We are entering into an offer negotiation on our house (crossing fingers it works out), and are Morris County Bound! I grew up in Randolph, but that was years ago (I moved away in 1997). I am looking for recommendations for a realtor who specializes in Morris County.

Also, would love your suggestions on towns that would be a good fit for us.

Here is my info:

Where are you coming from? CONGESTED Bergen County (can't wait to get out!)

Why are you moving? Bigger home, hopefully our "forever" home, better school system, to be closer to family.

Where will you be working ? If NYC, what part of NYC? Yes, husband is in sales so he is all over; so proximity to a major highway is our only criteria.

Will you buy or rent? Buy

What is your budget ? up to 600K max

What kind of place are you looking for ? 4-5 BR, quiet street, family oriented neighborhood, large backyard for outdoor entertaining.

Will anyone (spouse, children, pets) be moving with you ? Yes, Husband and 2 small children (2 yrs and 6 months)

Do you need/want good public schools? YES, this is #1 on the list!

Briefly describe the kind of neighborhood you'd like to live in
(examples: families with young children, young, mature, artsy, diverse, safe, close-knit, block parties, etc) - Familes with young children, safe, away from main road, a neighborhood where you are good friends with your neighbors

List three things that are important to you in order of importance.(examples: nightlife, outdoor activities, rural/urban, safety, downtown area, charming, new construction, proximity to XYZ, family oriented, easy parking, short commute, etc) School system, family oriented, safety
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2012, 03:11 PM

222 posts, read 780,351 times
I sent you a private message.

Old 06-12-2012, 04:30 PM

4,289 posts, read 10,789,689 times
I would look in Denville. Nice town and pretty easy access to most of North Jersey

Old 06-12-2012, 05:22 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,071,271 times
Long Valley, Chester, Randolph, Mountain Lakes, Mendham, Hanover, Florham Park. There are many areas in our lovely county that will meet your needs. And while your budget would have been tight several years ago, the drop in the market will be helpful to you now.

Old 06-13-2012, 07:15 AM

3 posts, read 2,752 times
Thanks All for your recommendations. We are definitely looking into Denville. What about Cedar Knolls/Whippany?

Old 06-13-2012, 07:42 AM

4,073 posts, read 8,998,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
Long Valley, Chester, Randolph, Mountain Lakes, Mendham, Hanover, Florham Park. There are many areas in our lovely county that will meet your needs. And while your budget would have been tight several years ago, the drop in the market will be helpful to you now.
The following is a non-paid recommendation....

Read other posts from Marc Paolella. I haven't worked with him and I don't know him. But the deep knowledge and helpful advice that he has demonstrated on this site would lead me to at least meet with him if I was looking to buy in Morris County.

Old 06-13-2012, 07:45 AM

2,535 posts, read 6,680,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfFull View Post
The following is a non-paid recommendation....

Read other posts from Marc Paolella. I haven't worked with him and I don't know him. But the deep knowledge and helpful advice that he has demonstrated on this site would lead me to at least meet with him if I was looking to buy in Morris County.
+1 on this, read his posts, then give him a call.

Old 06-13-2012, 02:02 PM

265 posts, read 598,877 times
It's a great place to live, as you know. Denville, Randolph and many others would qualify.

Old 06-13-2012, 02:09 PM

32 posts, read 67,976 times
Default Denville?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersfan View Post
I would look in Denville. Nice town and pretty easy access to most of North Jersey
Denville is such a dump. The houses look like shacks with crappy additions.

Old 06-14-2012, 08:36 AM

265 posts, read 598,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawm View Post
Denville is such a dump. The houses look like shacks with crappy additions.
Like many towns, it depends where you look. Denville's prices run from $100K to $2 million+.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey