Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 06:26 PM

1 posts, read 3,860 times

Advertisements

I'm considering looking at the Lenox, and from what I read above there is really nothing to discourage me from doing so. I have a lot of family that own 2-3 family homes in Union City and are hard-working Latino families. Can't understand why ethnic diversity should dissuade anyone from moving into a neighborhood. Although if that is your way of thinking, I agree you should keep to your own comfort zone and not make life unpleasant for other hard-working upstanding citizens!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2009, 08:06 PM

12 posts, read 49,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessionalLatina View Post
I'm considering looking at the Lenox, and from what I read above there is really nothing to discourage me from doing so. I have a lot of family that own 2-3 family homes in Union City and are hard-working Latino families. Can't understand why ethnic diversity should dissuade anyone from moving into a neighborhood. Although if that is your way of thinking, I agree you should keep to your own comfort zone and not make life unpleasant for other hard-working upstanding citizens!

I completely agree, I closed on my apartment last year and am coming up on a year living in UC at The Lenox. I can't complain, aside from having to pay NJ taxes, it's not a bad deal considering the asking prices on these apartments. Great views of Manhattan if you're lucky enough to get on this side. Transportation is close via the 123 or 125 buses into NYC.

Old 04-03-2009, 03:23 PM

Does anyone know if the building is equipped with satellite TV capabilities?

Old 05-09-2009, 05:23 PM

1 posts, read 3,561 times
Love this post and that name

I'll just add two things - shame that Union City has teachers who feel they are "above" living in the city where they collect their paychecks.

As the parent of a former student in the UC Public Schools, believe me that attitude shows through in everything you do in the schools - the way you treat the children you teach and the condescending and sometimes judgemental way you treat their parents.

Union City should enact residency laws for their public servants, including teachers. Too bad the unions would fight it.

To the original poster, the public school system in Union City is pretty awful. You probably won't want to send your children there.

Some of the things being said about the Lenox neighborhood are true. It IS next to a housing project and is in the high-crime area of the town.

Union City itself is a great location with lots of affordable housing. Much can be done to improve it, but I hope the improvements are accomplished by the long time residents. Hopefully, UC won't fully gentrify and become one white bread homogenous zone like Hoboken is now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GentrificationIsForLosers View Post
Well being from Union City and aware of the areas I am going to try to be unbiased. It is a wonderful location close to NYC. Public Transportation is very close and not out of the way. Downtown UC has alot of gang activity and is considered "less desirable". If you have faith that all of us poor Latinos will be kicked out of our beloved neighborhood by condos like the Lenox then I guess it would be considered an investment. But just a tip if your white or a hipster and are in Union City everyone will know you live in a new condo hardly anyone from UC can afford and know your part of the gentrification....not a good thing. Many people are becoming aware of the attempts to move us all out and are not too happy...Good luck!

Old 06-07-2009, 01:55 PM

1 posts, read 3,495 times
Default Great prices for horrible building

Don't waste time with this building Its Currently infested with bedbugs, roaches, and rats. It has a terrible concierge/security female manager, along with that the management services are even worse, the bald manager is racist, and treats tenants like they are below him. This building had a very terrible case of asbestos three years ago and it still exists.
The conditions are very unsanitary, dogs are always peeing in the elevators, and in the carpets on each of the floors. This building may look like its luxurious but its hollow and rotting away. Please, don't waste your time investing money for a building like this.

Old 06-08-2009, 08:43 AM

229 posts, read 923,207 times
I personally would not live in the Lennox. Went there, and was just grossed out.

I did, however buy a unit in the Altessa. UC is an up and coming location and I think it will improve and become teh next hot spot.

Old 06-22-2009, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Dude View Post
Don't waste time with this building Its Currently infested with bedbugs, roaches, and rats. It has a terrible concierge/security female manager, along with that the management services are even worse, the bald manager is racist, and treats tenants like they are below him. This building had a very terrible case of asbestos three years ago and it still exists.
The conditions are very unsanitary, dogs are always peeing in the elevators, and in the carpets on each of the floors. This building may look like its luxurious but its hollow and rotting away. Please, don't waste your time investing money for a building like this.
Dr. Dude, are you a resident at the Lenox? Personally, I havent experienced the issues you speak of. I have been living here for over a year now and have NEVER had an experience with a rat, roach, or bedbugs (knock on wood). If you did, there is an exterminator available every weekend should you need it.

As for dogs peeing in the elevators, how is that specific to the building in any way? You think the dog would pee in the Lenox elevators and not The Plaza's?

I do agree the security/concierge services leave a little to be desired. We just had our first board meeting not too long ago and that topic was addressed, so we'll see what comes of it.

Old 08-21-2009, 07:10 PM

1 posts, read 3,270 times
How much is the TAX for one and two bedroom there?

Old 08-21-2009, 11:21 PM

1,110 posts, read 4,370,107 times
I am shocked people want to move to the Lenox.. Shocks me. Well, so be it. As I always say, better you than me.

Old 10-02-2009, 08:08 AM

1 posts, read 3,102 times
Tax Abatement info:http://www.thelenoxcondo.com/files/images/12694/pdf/11253219530.pdf (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey