Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 08:31 AM
mee mee started this thread

10 posts, read 72,263 times

Advertisements

dear friends
I'm searching for a new home and i found homes to my budget in ewing, nj ...in general how is ewing area..which people are populated in that area more...is it a safe area to move in...do anyone know about the spring meadow community in ewing...i don't know anything about this town...because of the price i have to move to this town if needed..so pl. update me about this town and how is the schools in this area ...is this area safe to move with kids..is this community safe to move in..is there any problems this community is facing...are there any indian in this community...pl. friends give me any and all informations you know about this place and support me...
thanks in advance.
regards
mee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2007, 03:04 PM

1,289 posts, read 6,098,985 times
The area is nice. Ewing is not far from Princeton and Ewing is close to many major universities (Rider, Princeton, TCNJ). The area is close to all major highways and is close to downtown Princeton for shops, restaurants, and many other things you would like to do.

As far as children, I see them all the time. The area is pretty good to raise children. I am not too familiar with the school systems though.

Good luck with your purchase!

Old 07-12-2007, 04:45 PM

5 posts, read 46,939 times
Just watch out where you buy, there are some not so great sections of Ewing. There was a gang shooting there this week and you have some gang activity in the area.

Old 08-07-2007, 07:29 AM

1 posts, read 6,403 times
Default Ewing's not so bad

I have lived in Ewing for 17 years. The community has a lot of architectural charm and character and there are more decent people living in Ewing than thugs.

Ewing has always been one step forward, one step back since I moved there. Friends who visit have commented that it seems to be rejuvenating. We see lots of investment in new siding, fences, doors, windows, and roofing. There has even been some overall improvement in landscaping, which is usually the last thing people feel they can spend money on.

Old 08-07-2007, 12:34 PM

1,289 posts, read 6,098,985 times
It is a nice complex and is in the good section of Ewing. You might want to try The Madison & Scotch Run which are also both great complexes and in good sections as well.

Old 08-10-2007, 10:43 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,505,939 times
Are you kidding? Ewing has sub-par schools, very high taxes, and is on the list of distressed cities. I lived in a good section of Ewing but the shootings on Olden Ave were getting too close for comfort.
I never saw any sign of an Indian population in Ewing. Most of the Indians live high class towns like West Windsor.

Old 08-14-2007, 09:00 PM

17 posts, read 77,429 times
There is a large Indian cummunity in Hamilton, Lawrenceville, West Windsor, East Windsor, and Twin Rivers. West Windsor has a great school system. In Hamilton, you would want to avoid Hamilton High West/Grice district, but all the others would be a better bet than Ewing. While Ewing is not awlful, it does have some bad areas, and gangs are appearing, plus the other areas I mentioned have strong Indian Communities, while Ewing does not. Good Luck!

Old 08-15-2007, 10:49 AM

3,650 posts, read 9,505,939 times
Not to mention that Ewing has an airport they are always trying to expand and you have to hear airplanes over your head all day.

Ewing is not improving - the crime and overall dumpiness of the neighborhoods is getting worse. I am so happy I gotn out - I would NEVER had sent my son to their lousy schools. They even have an armed police officer in the local Shop Rite

Old 10-14-2007, 08:58 AM

1 posts, read 6,236 times
Actually, as a Ewing High student, I can say that you are all absolutely incorrect about the school systems. Many parents are afraid to let their kids into the Ewing schools because of "gang and crime" violence. Yes, there ARE undoubtedly students who are in gangs, but they don't even bother with the kids who aren't. It's a shame to watch people leave Ewing because they are afraid/racist/etc. Ewing has a strong amount of diversity, and I feel that there can be no better way to learn than through this. Kids need to learn about others, they need to learn to stick up for the "little man". Too many people just up and leave because they hear bad things about the school, when in fact, the school is fine. What people aren't hearing about are the good things in Ewing. We have so many bright and dedicated kids, and it's dissapointing to see so many people oversee that.

Stop giving us a bad name.

Old 10-19-2007, 11:48 AM

2 posts, read 9,939 times
Just like Hamilton, Lawrence, Princeton, etc... Ewing has started to get a few bad areas. Mostly overflow from Trenton as Ewing is one of the more affordable areas in Mercer County. Its still a far far cry from inner city Trenton who some here seem to imply. EVERY area that borders Trenton has the exact same problem, even spilling over in PA and its been in the newspaper.

Singling out one shooting in Ewing is absurd as there have been shootings almost everywhere. The single shooting was a black woman who everyone wanted to move as she was trouble and her two bad apple kid/relatives from Trenton who brought their trouble to her home in Ewing. This could easily have happened anywhere these 3 went.

Mentioning the airport and the noise trying to make it sound like its all over just shows me how off some these posts here are. Just so not true and any noise is limited to the 1/4 mile or so suppounding the airport. I KNOW as look below and I lived on LF Road less than 1/4 mile from the airport. Its not bad even when your close and after living there a few weeks you dont even notice it anymore.

I have lived in Lawrenceville (Glenn Ave and Bunker Hill), Hamilton (Steveson Ave), Trenton (Genesse and Dayton), Ewing (LFerry Road) and Windsor (Cabot Drive) and can honestly say no one area is any better/safer than the other. The houses are bigger in Lawrence/Hamilton but crime is there too and your only fooling yourself if you dont believe it. There has been gang type violence in ALL the above areas.

Ewing is a nice affordable area as long as your past Olden Ave away from Trenton if you ask me. Olden Ave seems to be the where the police are drawing the line on Trenton spill over and crime. Ewing has 4-5 nice parks, some small strip malls, Olden Ave in about a 1/2 mile stretch has just about anything you need to purchase except major electronics, the police are all over and very friendly, etc....

One of my dogs set off my alarm by bumping the window. The alarm company called me at work and said the police were notified. I speeded like a nut home and got there in about 10 minutes and the Ewing police were already there, checked things out and almost leaving when I got there. There were 3 police cars and I went to talk to them and they were really nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey