Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2010, 10:50 PM

5 posts, read 19,781 times

Advertisements

Started looking at the townhomes in Scotch Plains called The Reserve. It looks like a nice new community but I have heard that a lot has changed there since they were first built and a more undesired element is moving into the development.

Not sure if these are renters or owners but I was hoping to hear from some current owners, previous owners, or anyone that may have looked into moving in this development.

Have things changed or is it still a great place to live?

Thanks!

jj
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2010, 07:23 PM

107 posts, read 383,160 times
Default The Reserve

Hello,

I live in The Reserve and I don't think anyone is undesirable at all. I do not rent here, we own, and I find the people very nice. I am very happy here and there are a ton of very nice families with kids, couples without kids, etc. I'm not sure who the "undesirables" are, but I think everyone is super nice and it is also very quiet here. We bought here May 2008

Old 06-24-2010, 01:51 PM

5 posts, read 19,781 times
Thanks for the response DebsPSU!

The development does seem really nice. Good to hear that some of the issues may have been blown out of proportion.

There were three major concerns that were brought up about the development from some people I spoke to. First was the parking, but I hear that stickers were now put in place to help. Do you notice a difference in more available parking for visitors?

Second issue was a lot of very young children playing in the street of the complex unsupervised. Any idea if that happens a lot. It would be a concern when driving around or backing up your car, etc.

Finally I have heard there are many pet owners there and unfortunately some do not always pick up after their dogs. One couple I spoke to that was looking in the area noticed lots of dog poo on the various common islands near people's driveways.

I'm guessing this can occur in any development though.

Last edited by Jj0212; 06-24-2010 at 01:52 PM.. Reason: misspelling

Old 06-25-2010, 08:47 PM

The parking was once an issue, and now, not so much anymore since we all have stickers. I haven't had any problems in a while and either have my guests. It is true about the children though, but, that is where they play. The development has a ton of little kids, but there haven't been any problems. They are all respectful and I think have been told to watch carefully for cars. If you aren't speeding, you'll be fine. As far as dog poop, I haven't noticed any, and I walk around the development all the time. Everyone I've ever seen walking their dog also picks up after them, but you would have this kind of problem in any townhome development. HTH and welcome to our neighborhood if you do move here!

Old 01-12-2011, 01:54 PM

12 posts, read 86,626 times
Can anyone else provide more info on the reserve? Am looking into homes in that development and would like to know how many different types of units are there? i.e. 2 bed 1 bath or 2 bed 2.5 bath with loft making it 3 beds??

Old 01-17-2011, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thematrixfx View Post
Can anyone else provide more info on the reserve? Am looking into homes in that development and would like to know how many different types of units are there? i.e. 2 bed 1 bath or 2 bed 2.5 bath with loft making it 3 beds??
They are only 2 bed, 2.5 bath or 3 bed, 2.5 bath. I know of two types of units; the 2 bedrooms with lofts and no basement (that is what we have) and a 2 bedroom with no loft and a basement. Not sure about the 3 bedrooms and what they have.

Old 01-18-2011, 10:21 AM

12 posts, read 86,626 times
Great tx vm DebsPSU.....would u know what the commute is like to world trade center NY? We just visited a unit in The Reserve this weekend and like the area but we have a 2 yr old that we have to consider day care for. Since you live there, if you have other information about The Reserve, that would be great. Thanks in advance!

Old 09-20-2011, 01:52 PM

5 posts, read 13,661 times
I have been living at the reserve in scotch plains for 5 years now and I have no clue where this criticism is coming from. Most of the people who live in the reserve are either young married couples, older singles, or small families consistent of young parents and little kids. All the neighbors that I have met have been very friendly to talk to. Everyone is professional and well established and most importantly, extremely nice and courteous. We have never heard loud music. The neighbors next door are renting from the original owners and are extremely nice - not section 8 by any means. As a matter of fact, he is a senior manager at Johnson and Johnson. We are looking to move out within the next 2-3 years to buy a bigger place, as this is a transition home for us, and I will be very sad when the day comes when we have to leave especially that we have made many friends. It is a great community, in an excellent location, and very well kept. (The landscaping is beautiful)

Old 11-25-2015, 04:05 PM

1 posts, read 1,321 times
Hi, so has there been any more word about this? I am looking to possibly purchase a home in the reserve. Come across this topic from many years ago. This would be concerning if it were true. Thank you in advance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey