Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 06:09 AM

2 posts, read 5,101 times

Advertisements

Cinnaminson is a really great area! But it all depends on where you are looking in the town. Do not forget Delran, Riverton (not Riverside!), and Delanco as well. Delran has HIGH taxes but you get what you pay for! Top schools, low crime close to Cherry Hill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2009, 01:49 PM

7,780 posts, read 21,873,537 times
we did our homework and Cinnaminson is our area. The shopping is good, schools excellent and the houses are well kept and taxes fair.. In fact we are moving in in 3 weeks to a beautiful split in Cinnamnson and can't wait!

Old 09-15-2011, 09:14 AM

91 posts, read 201,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiji23 View Post
I grew up in Cinnaminson, and the east side (towards Moorestown) is better, although there are nice pockets towards Riverton, too. Just avoid any south of Cinnaminson Ave.
I know this board is very old, but I was hoping for some clarification here. In looking at a map, it appears that Cinnaminson Ave runs North to South (from Broad to 130). Are there specific areas in Cinnaminson that one should avoid for safety/security concerns? If so, where are they?

Old 09-15-2011, 01:29 PM

1,247 posts, read 3,024,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdunnoMyName View Post
I know this board is very old, but I was hoping for some clarification here. In looking at a map, it appears that Cinnaminson Ave runs North to South (from Broad to 130). Are there specific areas in Cinnaminson that one should avoid for safety/security concerns? If so, where are they?
Generally the portion west of 130 and south of Cinnaminson Ave is the least desirable part of town since it is very close to Palmyra and Pennsauken so the seedy elements are not far at all. When my father was a kid, his family lived in a small house in that neighborhood back in the late 1950s before moving to a bigger semi-detached unit on Rodgers Ave in Pennsauken. Back then it was all typical blue-collar USA, now many of those neighborhoods have turned or are turning for the worst.

The rule of thumb in those towns (Cinna, Delran etc) is that the portions east of Rt 130 are the nicer parts of town while west of 130 are the less desirable areas. 'Sauken west of 130 is quickly becoming the next ghetto already so that should give you a rough idea of what is to come. My aunt lives in a nice condo in Cinna west of 130 and got broken into once but it was years ago and an isolated incident.

Old 09-15-2011, 01:57 PM

1,726 posts, read 5,860,299 times
How about living in a place where you don't have to worry about which streets to avoid because of class warfare and inequality?

Old 09-15-2011, 02:53 PM

Tarp, where do you live that is so exclusive and insular?

Old 09-15-2011, 05:27 PM

7,780 posts, read 21,873,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarp View Post
How about living in a place where you don't have to worry about which streets to avoid because of class warfare and inequality?

Cinnaminson where we are is very close to that.. The 'worst' part of Cinnaminson has less crime then the 'best' parts of.. say.. Philly. thats for sure

Old 09-15-2011, 08:46 PM

1,726 posts, read 5,860,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HubCityMadMan View Post
Tarp, where do you live that is so exclusive and insular?
Well, actually planning to move out of this state to Canada pretty soon. This country is bankrupt both financially and morally.

Old 09-16-2011, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankgn87 View Post
Cinnaminson where we are is very close to that.. The 'worst' part of Cinnaminson has less crime then the 'best' parts of.. say.. Philly. thats for sure
I would agree.

Old 09-22-2011, 10:28 AM

1,000 posts, read 3,602,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdunnoMyName View Post

The better areas are adjacent to Moorestown, the worse areas are south of Cinnaminson Ave and along River Road except for Cinnaminson Harbor.

We live in Fountain Farms, adjacent to Lakeview Cemetary and we like it.

There is really no bad part with crime and whatnot. Just varying degrees of affordability
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia