Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 08:22 PM

15 posts, read 17,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by avg12 View Post
OP can drive up I-295 to either Mt. Laurel (exit 36) to reach Greyhound bus, or Hamilton (65B) to reach the NJ Transit train.
I already suggested something similar the best way is to use NJT401/402 or 410 depending on where OP resides to greyhound in philly which is the cheapest and fastest with amtrak being the only faster option.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2011, 08:56 PM

6,962 posts, read 20,616,264 times
Quote:
OP can drive up I-295 to either Mt. Laurel (exit 36) to reach Greyhound bus, or Hamilton (65B) to reach the NJ Transit train.
just take the mt laurel greyhound to pt authority?

Old 10-24-2011, 10:22 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,970,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travellerking View Post
dude I already stated why this is NOT PRACTICAL lets stick to my advice if amtrak is too expensive just use 402/401 to greyhound it's FASTER AND CHEAPER. The only train that will possibly make sense IS AMTRAK its either amtrak or greyhound the septa/NJT combo is made of 3 really SLOW trains THEREFORE VERY IMPRACTICAL terrible advice. fail

1.use 402 or 401 or 410 to centercity philly and use greyhound OR megabus(via market and 6th)
2.drive to wilmington and use amtrak
3.If option 2 is too expensive for the love of common sense and sanity please use option 1 trust me I used the septa/NJT combo IT'S MISERABLE OP plz dont use SEPTA its for ur sanity.
Busmaster , stop this stupid posting......Septa is not slow , neither is NJT.....your advice is ridiculous.... Greyhound is not faster and cheaper , Northern NJ traffic is the reason behind that.

Old 10-25-2011, 08:40 AM

23,816 posts, read 34,904,719 times
Quote:
dude I already stated why this is NOT PRACTICAL lets stick to my advice if amtrak is too expensive just use 402/401 to greyhound it's FASTER AND CHEAPER. The only train that will possibly make sense IS AMTRAK its either amtrak or greyhound the septa/NJT combo is made of 3 really SLOW trains THEREFORE VERY IMPRACTICAL terrible advice. fail

1.use 402 or 401 or 410 to centercity philly and use greyhound OR megabus(via market and 6th)
2.drive to wilmington and use amtrak
3.If option 2 is too expensive for the love of common sense and sanity please use option 1 trust me I used the septa/NJT combo IT'S MISERABLE OP plz dont use SEPTA its for ur sanity.
The OP wants to go to Times Square. That sounds like a day-trip to me, not a commute. People are giving options, & my guess is that the OP will pick what works best. Sometimes people consider the train ride as part of the experience.

Old 10-26-2011, 04:07 PM

756 posts, read 2,125,737 times
Quote:
I already suggested something similar the best way is to use NJT401/402 or 410 depending on where OP resides to greyhound in philly which is the cheapest and fastest with amtrak being the only faster option.
The Philly Greyhound location is somewhat ghetto, but not as much as Baltimore's location.

Mt. Laurel has free parking. Also, a direct bus from Mt.Laurel to New York is faster as well, than Philadelphia to New York. The benefit from Philly is that it is sometimes cheaper to go from Philadelphia to New York with a web e-fare.

Old 10-28-2011, 03:22 PM

2,046 posts, read 4,973,295 times
Quote:
The Philly Greyhound location is somewhat ghetto, but not as much as Baltimore's location.

Mt. Laurel has free parking. Also, a direct bus from Mt.Laurel to New York is faster as well, than Philadelphia to New York. The benefit from Philly is that it is sometimes cheaper to go from Philadelphia to New York with a web e-fare.
true BUT if timed right you won't wait long at greyhound at all if you know the schedules you can cut ur wait there to less than 15 mins assuming you print ur ticket at home. The 401/402 or 410 go there directly within walking distance so you don't even have to drive from salem at all just use any of those NJT lines assuming you are near one of em then get off at 13th street walk a few blocks up towards suburban station then beyond to greyhound then chase ur bus. Mt laurel service isn't as frequent or as cheap as philly to NY which can have tickets at really mind blowingly low prices.

However I think the concept of bus terminals in general needs to be abandoned and focus more on intermodal connections with as many train and bus lines as possible.

Old 10-29-2011, 11:17 AM

267 posts, read 953,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Sometimes people consider the train ride as part of the experience.
Absolutely! I say that all the time.

Old 10-29-2011, 09:11 PM

2,046 posts, read 4,973,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by invertigo View Post
Absolutely! I say that all the time.
the experience doesn't have to take In the great words of vegeta himself DBZ reference: VEGETA HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GET TO NYC WITH 3 TRAINS??? OVER 3 HOURS!!!!!!!

Old 11-01-2011, 01:30 PM

24,644 posts, read 38,800,368 times
Quote:
If OP has a car this would be the most practical. Greyhound from and to Mt. Laurel/NYC is a direct shot and pretty cheap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia