Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 08:19 PM

43 posts, read 86,974 times

Advertisements

I'm finally going to SJ for a visit in 2 weeks to get a feel for the different areas. We'll be there 4 nights and 3 full days. Since this is a trip to get a better idea of where we would like to live, I would love some ideas on the must see places, must do activities, restaurants we should try etc...We'll be doing a lot of driving around through Marlton, Mt. Laurel, Cherry Hill, Voorhees, Moorestown and probably checking out Mullica Hill and other areas I'm sure. Our 5 year old will be with us, so if there's anything you think a kid would also enjoy, like a nice park or something, that would be good to know about too. I realize that there is probably a ton to do and see, so I really appreciate you all helping to narrow it down for us. Thank you!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2011, 09:29 PM

23,816 posts, read 34,909,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiki1130 View Post
I'm finally going to SJ for a visit in 2 weeks to get a feel for the different areas. We'll be there 4 nights and 3 full days. Since this is a trip to get a better idea of where we would like to live, I would love some ideas on the must see places, must do activities, restaurants we should try etc...We'll be doing a lot of driving around through Marlton, Mt. Laurel, Cherry Hill, Voorhees, Moorestown and probably checking out Mullica Hill and other areas I'm sure. Our 5 year old will be with us, so if there's anything you think a kid would also enjoy, like a nice park or something, that would be good to know about too. I realize that there is probably a ton to do and see, so I really appreciate you all helping to narrow it down for us. Thank you!!!
If you like Asian cuisine, go to Oriental Pearl in Haddonfield. Oriental Pearl Restaurant – Haddonfield New Jersey Restaurant Menus - Haddonfieldmenus.com Further south on Kings Highway is the Hadrosaurus sculpture, which is a hit with kids. Hadrosaurus.com -- Official Haddonfield Dinosaur Web Site

Here's a menu site for the area. FindMyMenus.com - Free South Jersey Restaurants Menu Directory Click on the towns in the list to the left.

King of Pizza has the best pizza. King of Pizza - The Famous & Original - Cherry Hill, NJ

Old 04-06-2011, 04:47 AM

7,780 posts, read 21,970,413 times
Your child will love this place

theFunplex NJ | Amusement Parks NJ | Birthday Parties NJ

Old 04-06-2011, 05:18 AM

51,604 posts, read 37,324,621 times
I don't know the address, but the 5 year old will LOVE the Discovery Museum in Cherry Hill!

Old 04-06-2011, 07:11 AM

364 posts, read 1,197,937 times
Good luck, kiki! I can't wait for my own trip out! I will be passing along the restaurant ideas here to my hubby, who heads down this weekend!

Old 04-06-2011, 07:39 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,898,140 times
If your child is into swimming at all, you may want to check out the CoCo Key indoor water park located at the Marriott in Mt. Laurel.

New Jersey Water Park Hotel & Indoor Water Resort | Mount Laurel, New Jersey | CoCo Key Water Resort (http://www.cocokeywaterresort.com/locations/mountlaurel/index.aspx - broken link)

You may also want to check out Jonhson's Farm in Medford. This weekend they open their greenhouse and are having hayrides and Easter egg hunts. They also have a nice outdoor play area for kids.

Hayrides, Strawberry, Blueberry, Apple, and Pumpkin Picking - Farm Produce - Johnson's Farm

The Discovery Museum in Cherry Hill is a cool place and this weekend is the "Discovering Egypt" exhibit.

The Garden State Discovery Museum

The Adventure Aquarium in Camden is a nice facility with plenty to see and has fantastic views of Philadelphia. We buy a season pass every year (if you go twice it pays for itself) and often take the kids there when they get bored.

Adventure Aquarium > Home

As for restaurants there is every type of place you could possible conceive of in the area. Here are some of my suggestions for neat places.

Iron Hill Brewery has a location in Maple Shade and they are a restaurant pub, that brews their own beer on site. The food and beer are great and they have a very extensive menu. My 6 year old loves the food there and you can get everything from a nice quick lunch to a 3 course meal.

Iron Hill Brewery -

Downtown Collingswood along Haddon Ave. has many great places to eat ranging from Chinese takeout to formal Italian and a Steakhouse. However your child will probably enjoy the Pop Shop the best. It's a 50's style soda fountain place serving a full menu of "diner" food including a zillion different kinds of grilled cheese.

The Pop Shop- Your Hometown Soda Fountain and More - Home Page

Speaking of diners you have to stop at one and eat breakfast. Jersey = diners and South Jersey has some of the best. If you're in the Mullica Hill area, the Harrison House Diner in Mullica Hill is a classic Jersey diner with good food.

Harrison House~Diner & Restaurant

Also, soft pretzels are a staple of the regions diet and since your child will be in school (and most schools now ban sugar, lol) soft pretzels are the snack du jour. There is a chain called the Philly Pretzel Factory that makes fresh pretzels daily and they are some of the best around. They are located all over, so you just need to find one. They make a great snack for a long car ride.

Philly Soft Pretzel Factory

Old 04-06-2011, 10:12 AM

22,378 posts, read 39,157,014 times
Honestly I would suggest the please Touch Museum - though on the PA side it is only a few miles from the bridges. Specifically for a 5yo i cant think of many places better in the US

Hope you enjoy your vist to S Jersey and the Philly area

Please Touch Museum: Homepage

Old 04-06-2011, 02:46 PM

43 posts, read 86,974 times
Wow, you are all awesome! Thanks so much for the ideas, we're going to have a very busy visit. I can't wait to eat all of the food there.

Luhts- I hope that you're husband has a productive weekend when he goes.

Old 04-06-2011, 02:49 PM

1,787 posts, read 5,775,256 times
I second King of Pizza [with sausage]. . .the best!! Wow NJGOAT, she'll have to make two trips. Good post.

Old 04-06-2011, 02:55 PM

1,787 posts, read 5,775,256 times
Smile Shopping

If you have any time left, check out the Moorestown Mall, specifically, Boscov's department store. It's located on Rt. 38.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia