Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 07:58 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,715,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Marlton is the name of an unincorporated area within Evesham Twp.
Bingo. Marlton was the name of the original village. Evesham is the township that grew up around it. So, Malrton is a part of Evesham and they are one in the same. Everyone (even the signs on the highway) refer to it as Marlton, even though it is officially Evesham Twp. You find that a lot in NJ. For instance Mullica Hill is part of Harrison Twp., but no one calls it Harrison Twp., it's Mullica Hill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2011, 12:43 PM

267 posts, read 950,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiki1130 View Post
OK, sorry it took me so long. Got back home and it's been crazy getting our house ready to sell.

First, I loved the whole area! We looked at neighborhoods with town homes for renting and also neighborhoods with houses for when we're ready to buy. We concentrated mostly on the town homes, so I'm sure I'll have tons of questions once we are ready to rent. I seriously have so many addresses and notes written down that I confused myself. I think that once we get a realtor to help us find a rental it'll be so much better. It was just a lot of fun driving around and enjoying the beautiful scenery.

Are the swim clubs for specific neighborhoods or can you join any of them? I'm not familiar at all with those.

I wanted to thank you all for you suggestions on food. We ate at King of Pizza and it was soooooo good. We'll have to try Brother's Pizza next time we're there. The Pop Shop was awesome! The food was great and my son had a blast in there. We also went to Redstone and really enjoyed the atmosphere and the food. Also there is a new restaurant that we tried called Dublin Square in Cherry Hill. Someone we were talking to said the restaurants in that location haven't done too well, but I thought it was good and hope it stays in business. The other places we went weren't anything to write about. We were so busy and the timing was off on some meals we would just grab some food from Wegman's and bring it back to the hotel to eat.

I really liked the Promenade at Sagemore, tons of great shopping. Unfortunately is was pouring the day we were near there so we didn't get to walk around at all. Also, we were given tickets to the baseball game that Saturday night and it was cancelled because of the rain, so that was too bad. I was really looking forward to it.

We didn't do any of the fun sightseeing suggestions like the museums or farms, but drove by a few of them. We'll be going to them once we move.

So as we get closer to moving I'll have more questions and thanks for all of your help so far.
I'm glad you guys had a nice time here. It's funny, I've been meaning to try Dublin Square and now I'll have to go based on an out-of-stater's recommendation.

I've been here for almost seven years and no one has thrown me Phillies tickets. You were here one day and landed them?!?! Grrrrrr...

To answer your question about swim clubs, I'm pretty sure at least in CH, you can join any swim club. In fact, we probably would not join the one in our neighborhood. Though, we currently belong to our own backyard club.

Old 05-01-2011, 05:51 AM

364 posts, read 1,193,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiki1130 View Post
Yes, now I only have anxiety about selling our house here. And I am really looking forward to living in NJ and raising my son there.

Luhts- I am leaning towards Marlton/Evesham (are they the same, I am confused???), Cherry Hill and Medford. I saw town homes that we would be interested in renting in Mt. Laurel, but not too many neighborhoods that I really liked for homes. I know that we didn't get to see all of it, so I'm sure I would've found some, just not this trip. I found a lot of different streets and neighborhoods in Marlton and Cherry Hill and a few in Medford. I can send you my list if you'd like. I did rule out Mullica Hill only because it's just a little too rural for me. I need to be closer to more stores, but it was really nice there. I don't think that was a place you were looking at though, right? I can't wait to hear about what you find.
Almost all the homes we are looking at are in Mount Laurel or Marlton/Evesham. I also found it odd that one real estate website would list the home's address as Marlton and another one as Evesham. We seem to like Marlton over ML, but are finding more homes in ML so we will see what happens next weekend! You are actually lucky to be able to rent first and take your time getting to know the neighborhoods - we have 5 days to find a home!

Good luck selling your home. At least that is one thing I don't need to worry about - our home sold within a week!

Old 05-03-2011, 10:55 AM

25 posts, read 45,084 times
Don't rule out Voorhees! We are in the Acorn Hill/ Lost Tree Development which is across the road from Dublin Square and I love it here! Schools are rated well and you are close to the Promenade, other shopping, restaurants and major highways not too far. Our development has a nice welcoming feel, the but lots are private and well kept!
Good luck with your move! and selling your home!

Old 05-03-2011, 11:23 AM

1,953 posts, read 3,880,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lang2577 View Post
Don't rule out Voorhees! We are in the Acorn Hill/ Lost Tree Development which is across the road from Dublin Square and I love it here! Schools are rated well and you are close to the Promenade, other shopping, restaurants and major highways not too far. Our development has a nice welcoming feel, the but lots are private and well kept!
This neighborhood also has a nice lake. Many doctor's offices, Voorhees Middle School, and Eastern High School are all walking distance too. Nice wooded area (obvious from the name).

Old 05-04-2011, 08:58 AM

43 posts, read 86,576 times
lang and soug- I probably did look at this neighborhood and didn't realize it was Voorhees. I just looked online and it looks really nice, so thank you for mentioning it.

Luhts- I can't wait to hear about your trip there and the house you find, good luck!

Thanks everyone for the clarification on Marlton/Evesham.

invertigo, what can I say? We have that Texas charm!

Old 05-04-2011, 12:49 PM

364 posts, read 1,193,191 times
Quote:
How did we overlook here?!
Although, that neighborhood is almost 4 miles from the assigned elementary school. I know it's no big deal, but I wish it were closer.
ETA: Oh, I also see the house I liked in that neighborhood doesn't have a basement.
But I did see another one in Voorhees that is worth looking at, so thanks for the idea!

Last edited by Luhts; 05-04-2011 at 01:12 PM..

Old 05-05-2011, 11:45 PM

43 posts, read 86,576 times
Quote:
My husband drove through the neighborhood today and said it was beautiful!

Old 05-06-2011, 12:56 AM

1,953 posts, read 3,880,363 times
Well, I grew up in Voorhees so I guess I'm the resident expert. If you have any questions, hopefully I'll be able to help you. The elementary school that neighborhood is zoned to is E.T. Hamilton. Not much to say about the elementary schools in Voorhees, they're all very good. Hamilton's sending zone is all the neighborhoods roughly between Rt.561 and Cooper Rd, Evesham Rd. and Lafayette Ave (however, Staffordshire, the neighborhood which is connected to Lost Tree but across the street from Eastern High School, goes to Osage).

Old 05-07-2011, 07:44 AM

267 posts, read 950,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soug View Post
Well, I grew up in Voorhees so I guess I'm the resident expert. If you have any questions, hopefully I'll be able to help you. The elementary school that neighborhood is zoned to is E.T. Hamilton. Not much to say about the elementary schools in Voorhees, they're all very good. Hamilton's sending zone is all the neighborhoods roughly between Rt.561 and Cooper Rd, Evesham Rd. and Lafayette Ave (however, Staffordshire, the neighborhood which is connected to Lost Tree but across the street from Eastern High School, goes to Osage).
On the topic of this area of Voorhees, does anyone know what's happening to the Virtua property once they move to Rt. 73??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia