Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 03:14 PM

1 posts, read 6,739 times

Advertisements

I'm looking at a house in Riverton and I was curious as to what the area is like, crime, ethnicity, is it quiet. Middle,lower or upper class. Any info. would be great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2007, 06:20 PM

130 posts, read 677,976 times
Sorry I can't help you but did want to mention that you may want to post this question in the Pennsylvania-Philadelphia forum since it's commutable to Philly. You may get more responses there.
Good luck...I've heard it's a really cute town.

Old 08-08-2007, 10:28 AM

3 posts, read 11,743 times
Default riverton

one of the most amazing places to live. Uber rich to middle class. 2000 people. Train to NY and Philly. Yacht club, Country club. Affordable homes. Taxes are high.

Old 08-29-2007, 03:58 PM

1 posts, read 6,690 times
Default Riverton is wonderful with a touch of old safe town

Quote:
Originally Posted by CougarNJ View Post
I'm looking at a house in Riverton and I was curious as to what the area is like, crime, ethnicity, is it quiet. Middle,lower or upper class. Any info. would be great.
My father has lived there for 20 yrs and i take my son every year to the 4th of july parade. Everyone has an open door that day you just walk around and meet and greet people. I do not think he has locked that front door in the 20rs he's been there. E-mail me with any other real estate questions as I am in this field and can help you.

Old 02-28-2009, 01:08 PM

43 posts, read 122,472 times
Default Looking for a house to rent in Riverton

Hi,

I would like to know a bit more about Riverton. Is there a library, community college there by any chance? I am moving from out of state and trying to find a reasonably priced, safe, friendly neighborhood in NJ.

Thanks!

Old 02-28-2009, 08:36 PM

2,510 posts, read 3,977,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dove View Post
Hi,

I would like to know a bit more about Riverton. Is there a library, community college there by any chance? I am moving from out of state and trying to find a reasonably priced, safe, friendly neighborhood in NJ.

Thanks!
Not sure about a library but the closest community college is Burlington County Community College with the main campus in Pemberton.....they also have a County Technical School in Mount Laurel.

Old 02-28-2009, 08:56 PM

7,780 posts, read 21,882,417 times
Riverton is 1 mile from me now.Its a quaint town that is very small. No high school and a small elementary school. Wonderful place to live NO crime. Here is the website for it. HIGHLY recommended

Riverton, NJ Borough Web Site

Old 02-28-2009, 10:58 PM

1,000 posts, read 3,603,160 times
I grew up there. Safe little town ethnicty, is mosty white middle to upper class, riverton has a library, but I don't think it's linked into the county library system, the one in Cinnaminson is (about a mile away)

For a family, I leaned toward Cinnaminson over Riverton (we used to live there) as the HS is better(Riverton goes to Palmyra) and the grade schools are equivalent IMO. Ssince the community is larger, there are more extra cirrcular activities. Search 08077 on Realtor.com Riverton and Cinnaminson share that zip code. Also you're going to get more house for the money here, and the taxes are going to be lower because the tax base is larger, Riverton is full of Churches but not many businesses. Cinnaminson is not as "quaint" but I can drive a mile and get all the quaintness I want in Riverton without having to live there. It really depends on what you want. The housing stock in riverton is going to vary, but most of those houses are pretty old. I just couldn't deal with the old house issues any more. Out here the housing stock is from the 50's, which doesnt sound that new, but you at least have grounded wiring, central air that wasn't retrofitted, modern plumning, and more than 1 bath LOL. A lot of those large houses in Riverton only have 1 hall bath.

You have BCC, but it's way the hell out in Pemberton...the River Line drops you off right in front of the Rutgers Camden campus (I know Camden is a disaster, but the area around the college is fine, I went there and never had any trouble.] Camden County College has a campus down there also, I believe. Or at least they did when I went there.

It's an easy commute to Philly by Rail or Bus in either town.

Anyhow, I lived in Riverton for 20 plus years combined, so if you have any specific questions I'l be happy to answer.

Old 03-01-2009, 06:41 AM

7,780 posts, read 21,882,417 times
Ill tell ya what.. Bill is a walking encyclopedia about our area!

Old 03-01-2009, 08:43 AM

32,940 posts, read 36,369,350 times
There's now a BCC campus on Route 38 at Hartford Road., much shorter drive for folks up there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia