Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2008, 04:12 PM

2 posts, read 8,997 times

Advertisements

A few months ago, a few friends and I went to a bridge in Manchester, NH. Now, a few other friends of mine want to visit it to take some pictures. However, we can't seem to remember how to get there. We asked around and everyone says they have to be driving to know how to get there.

I don't know the actual name of the bridge. I know I saw Phoenix written on it, not tagged on it either. It was in the metal. It's an old bridge, that had train tracks on it. Anyone know where it is?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2008, 12:29 PM

3,034 posts, read 9,139,717 times
at the south end of town along the banks of the merrimack river is an old bridge that is currently used for walking only - perhaps that is the bridge you mean?

It is near Singer park, and is located between the Notre Dame bridge and the Queen City bridge. I don't know if it has a name.

Old 04-06-2008, 01:02 PM

you've got me testing my memory - working from the north down - the Amoskeag Bridge connects the north end of elm st to the west side

then there is the Notre Dame bridge - it was torn down and replaced with a more modern structure - this could be the bridge you remember - it was a beautiful metal structure

then the Granite St. bridge

the old railroad and foot bridge

the Queen City bridge.

there used to be another one further down and you can still see parts of it in the river down near Pine Island

Old 04-06-2008, 01:08 PM

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b333/paintingtwirler/oldnotredamebridge.gif (broken link)

the old notre dame bridge before it was replaced....

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b333/paintingtwirler/rrtrestle.jpg (broken link)

and above is the footbridge that still connects the millyard to the west side

Old 04-16-2008, 04:08 AM

1 posts, read 4,473 times
Could it maybe be this bridge?

This is the train tressel right next to my house. The best way find it is to take Brown Ave towards the airport, and look for the Pine Island shopping plaza on the right-side. Park there, and take the street next to it directly to the bridge.

Hope this might be it/might help.

Old 04-16-2008, 05:10 PM

2 posts, read 8,997 times
Thank you guys for all your replies. awalkingecho has the right pic. my friends and i ended up finding it. Thanks again!

Old 10-22-2009, 11:26 AM

1 posts, read 3,929 times
Default The Bridge

concerning the bridge that is next to your house I would like to know a little more about it and who took the picture... I have some copywrite issues I need to discuss... I really would appreciate it... include please the town and state it is located.... maybe even a google map location if possible... I appreciate it so much...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire