Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2023, 06:22 PM

52,687 posts, read 47,946,017 times

Advertisements

Happy birthday to you, NHMom! And best birthday wishes to anyone else who also are celebrating.

My goodness, Country has goodies galore today. We'll need to dig in!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2023, 07:48 PM

24,100 posts, read 32,460,014 times
happy Birthday NH Mom! I baked a chocolate layer cake for you!

Old 09-23-2023, 11:18 PM

3,734 posts, read 5,770,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Wonderful Sheena, that cake smells fantastic! You know me and carbs - and grains - though. But the fragrance is fabulous. As someone who now fasts for days-on-end, I can subsist on wonderful aromas.

Funny fragrance story: I was dreading calling one of "The Uncles" (on the Choctaw side). Between his heart failure and his raging alcoholism, he's unpredictable. Plus, his patience for listening to ME, lasts for about five seconds. His voice is so deep, he sounds like earth-moving equipment - the size used for digging-out mountains for coal, or those giant things which flatten road beds. But his words, if you read a transcript of his conversations, could be mistaken for the inane natterings of Alexandra Feodorovna (who, like that whole wretched clan of crowned heads, had been taught to converse entirely in generalities).

I speak in specifics. It drives him insane.

But anyway, to pump-myself-up, I got out my favorite bottle of Van Cleef & Arpels 'Murmure' (predating EU restrictions on natural fragrances), and just smelled the bottle. It's flowery and divine - heavy on the jasmine - and puts me in good moods. I became so cheery, and talked for so long, he actually inquired as to what was wrong with me.

Aromatherapy, apparently, can be dangerous.

However, having no intention of calling that uncle, until whenever Football Season ends , I can inhale the wonderful vapours of your marvelous cake. It will be safe to enter the state of euphoria your desserts usher me into. You have such a flair for combining flavors.

They're boxed, dear NH Mom, so these bonbons I've brought, can go directly into the fridge. We're experimenting with combining chocolate with chicken livers - deciding which aromatics work best - but every combination has been great, to us. The sweetener, of course, is Stevia & Monkfruit. So good to have you and Sheena in the same place. I value your refined palates, and await your feedback.

Old 10-12-2023, 11:58 AM

3,734 posts, read 5,770,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post

And happy birthday to YOU, dearest Sheena! I've baked Chocolate Glorias (since you named that wonderfully-ketogenic dessert for me), and Chef created a Fennel Cake (whole eggs, fennel, coconut oil and various flavors, combined in a food processor and then set in a mold - Iced with Lemon Buttercream, and decorated with white and dark chocolate curls, plus walnuts glazed in coconut oil - all sweetened with Stevia and Monkfruit, of course).

It's so great to see you. ...and so wonderful to be in New England, for a change.

Old 10-17-2023, 05:22 PM

Hope everyone is having a great fall so far!

Old 10-18-2023, 12:00 AM

22,469 posts, read 11,990,487 times
Wishing everybody a Happy Autumn!

Old 11-30-2023, 08:39 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times
I meant to do this but forgot!

Anyway, happy birthday, Sheena and NH Mom! I baked my MIL's famous cornbread stuffing for you!

Old 12-25-2023, 09:35 PM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,197,347 times
Talking MERRY CHRISTMAS 2023 DEAR FRIENDS from ALL over the world! Many Blessings for 2024!! YOU ALL ROCK!!

DEAR COUNTRY FRIENDS!!

From ALL over the USA and the world (CANADA, EUROPE, ASIA, etc. etc. )

WISHING YOU ALL A BLESSED CHRISTMAS DAY, SEASON, MONTH, etc.!!

THANK YOU ALL for your loving contributions through the years!!

You ALL ROCK!!

And mean a lot to me!! I wish we could ALL MEET one day & enjoy each other's company!

But for now, we will enjoy each other here, sharing our joys, sorrows, happiness, desserts,
treats, drinks, etc. CELEBRATING EACH OTHER!! CELEBRATING OUR BIRTHDAYS, CELEBRATING LIFE!!

Wishing you GREAT HEALTH, JOY, HAPPINESS, LOVE, PEACE, BLESSINGS, HAPPY MEMORIES, etc. etc.

Take good care of yourselves and each other!!

CHEERS, LOVE, BLESSINGS, HUGS TO ALL!!

PLEASE SHARE HOW YOU ARE ALL CELEBRATING THIS AMAZING HOLIDAY SEASON, what are you baking, eating, drinking, doing, traveling, etc. etc. etc.

((((((HUGS))))))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAmSWNdajC8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGb2G-wNkGI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuV-Vg9PYjM

MERRY MERRY CHRISTMAS SEASON 2023-2024 & A VERY BLESSED HAPPY NEW YEAR 2024!!!

LOVE YOU ALL!!!

Old 12-26-2023, 10:50 AM

10,012 posts, read 15,659,151 times
I hope you had a lovely Christmas, Country!

Old 12-26-2023, 06:52 PM

Country and everyone else here, may you all have a prosperous 2024!

It's almost here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire