Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 04:37 PM

61 posts, read 259,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincolnian View Post
Hanover is a beautiful small college town. My family and I love the center and strolling the sidewalks, enjoying a cup of coffee at the Dirt Cowboy Cafe and an ice cream at Ben and Jerrys. However, it is not the quintessential example you are looking for because it is more of an upscale nostalgic preservation.

Newport and Franklin have the bones of the old towns but lack the life that was present in their glory days. New London is a good modern-day town with a great community and a safe environment.
Hanover is a cool town! Didn't once have a train station?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2008, 03:19 PM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,214,926 times
Talking Hello COMET! REALLY COOL!!!

THANKS "COMET" for this post!

I think its a GREAT idea to do something like that for CHARITY!!

And since, it will be called the RED, WHITE & BLUE DINER, or the "RED & BLUE

DINER" we need to have BLUEBERRY & CHERRY PIES for the FOOD

FIGHTLOL! LOL! ALL in the name of CHARITY!!LOL!

I am looking forward to your DINER "COMET"!!!!

Take care,

Have a great day everyone!

Countrylv22

Quote:
Originally Posted by CometVoyager View Post
Countrylv22, Suzet2262, DaretoDream and everyone else, Yes it would be wonderful to say one night a month we can have like a pie throwing contest and yours truly will be the target if we can raise money for a good charity! The pie thrower would buy(purchase price to be donated) the pie and from a distance of 8 feet, if they can land one on me then I match the price of the pie for the selected charity. All I request is please no pomegranate pies! They would be real messy!

Last edited by countrylv22; 04-24-2008 at 03:21 PM.. Reason: GREAT IDEA "COMET"!!A PIE/FOOD THROWING CONTEST!LOL!:0)HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE!SMILE!:0)

Old 04-24-2008, 10:11 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,968,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrylv22 View Post
THANKS "COMET" for this post!

I think its a GREAT idea to do something like that for CHARITY!!

And since, it will be called the RED, WHITE & BLUE DINER, or the "RED & BLUE

DINER" we need to have BLUEBERRY & CHERRY PIES for the FOOD

FIGHTLOL! LOL! ALL in the name of CHARITY!!LOL!

I am looking forward to your DINER "COMET"!!!!

Take care,

Have a great day everyone!

Countrylv22
OMG! A Cherry and Blueberry Pie Fight??? Now that would make a great "I Love Lucy Episode!"

By the way Countrylv22 and all who have posted on this thread, I would like to know what small quaint town would be best for the RED & BLUE DINER?

Old 04-27-2008, 08:10 AM

Talking Hello "COMET"

THANKS FOR YOUR POST COMET!

As soon as I fugure it out, I will let you know!

I am still trying to find the perfect town myself! NH is so AMAZING, its hard

to choose from! And I want to be close to your Diner, so I will let you

know what I come up with!

Hopefully, if someone else has found PARADISE, they will post it here!

I am looking forward to the PIE CHARITY events!!!

Take care COMET!

HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE!

Countrylv22

Quote:
OMG! A Cherry and Blueberry Pie Fight??? Now that would make a great "I Love Lucy Episode!"

By the way Countrylv22 and all who have posted on this thread, I would like to know what small quaint town would be best for the RED & BLUE DINER?

Last edited by countrylv22; 04-27-2008 at 08:12 AM.. Reason: SMILE & WE WILL SMILE WITH YOU EVERYONE!:0) HAVE A GREAT DAY! PEACE! :0) :0)ATTITUDE IN LIFE IS KEY!:0)

Old 04-27-2008, 12:00 PM

Default That Perfect Norman Rockwell Small Town in New Hampshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrylv22 View Post
THANKS FOR YOUR POST COMET!

As soon as I fugure it out, I will let you know!

I am still trying to find the perfect town myself! NH is so AMAZING, its hard

to choose from! And I want to be close to your Diner, so I will let you

know what I come up with!

Hopefully, if someone else has found PARADISE, they will post it here!

I am looking forward to the PIE CHARITY events!!!

Take care COMET!

HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE!

Countrylv22
Countrylv22, Thanks so much for Trying to help out with my quest for the perfect Norman Rockwell Small Town in New Hampshire.

I originally created this thread to hear from everyone who had this nostalgic vision of Small Town America. The kind of town where you could leave your front door unlocked and not worry about your kids all day when they played out side! Hope to hear from more members on this board! Have a Great Sundy!!!!!!

Old 04-27-2008, 08:33 PM

Talking Hello COMET! THANK YOU!!

THANK YOU FOR YOUR POST COMET!

COMET, THANK YOU for creating this thread!You took the words from my

mouth THAT IS WHAT I WANT, THE PERFECT

NORMAN ROCKWELL SMALL TOWN!

That would be a DREAM come true for me!

So, hopefully someone out there, will give us an idea of where that UTOPIA

is Like I said, I am still doing a lot of research on it, so I will keep you

posted!

Thank you to everyone's contribution, so far

PLEASE KEEP THE IDEAS OF THE PERFECT SMALL TOWN FOR THE

RED & BLUE DINER COMING!!!

Thank you for your contribution to this forum COMET!

Take care everyone,

Have a GREAT WEEK!

Countrylv22

Quote:
Countrylv22, Thanks so much for Trying to help out with my quest for the perfect Norman Rockwell Small Town in New Hampshire.

I originally created this thread to hear from everyone who had this nostalgic vision of Small Town America. The kind of town where you could leave your front door unlocked and not worry about your kids all day when they played out side! Hope to hear from more members on this board! Have a Great Sundy!!!!!!

Last edited by countrylv22; 04-27-2008 at 08:34 PM.. Reason: TIP OF THE DAY,SMILE & WE WILL SMILE WITH YOU!:0)TAKE GOOD CARE!:0) PEACE & BLESSINGS!:0)

Old 04-27-2008, 08:45 PM

3,712 posts, read 11,056,632 times
Quote:
I originally created this thread to hear from everyone who had this nostalgic vision of Small Town America. The kind of town where you could leave your front door unlocked and not worry about your kids all day when they played out side!
I suppose I shouldn't advertise this.. but my family is still like that in their town.

Old 04-28-2008, 07:49 AM

1,384 posts, read 4,459,089 times
Well it's no suprise to me, Wanna! We're like that too! Well, we lock the place up when we leave, but I no longer feel that some drug feulled gang thug will break into the house and kill me while I'm doing laundry if the side door is unlocked or that the kids will be at risk playing in our driveway.

Old 04-28-2008, 07:39 PM

3,712 posts, read 11,056,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa g View Post
Well it's no suprise to me, Wanna! We're like that too! Well, we lock the place up when we leave, but I no longer feel that some drug feulled gang thug will break into the house and kill me while I'm doing laundry if the side door is unlocked or that the kids will be at risk playing in our driveway.
well... same town ! I kills me that they actually have an alarm system that they don't use and don't bother to lock up. I also find it very amusing at the difference in lifestyle: they go out and make sure all the lights are out and don't bother to lock, while we try to leave a light or to on and the door is locked even when we're home. I can't wait to get out of here!

I think it may take a bit for hubby to get used to how much safer and more relaxed it is up there: he deadbolts the door even when he's home (I just knob lock it).

Old 04-28-2008, 09:55 PM

Default What About Alstead?

It appears that this little town near the NH VT border has very little crime and still may have that special feel to it

Anyone else think so or another town?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire