Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 05:22 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,876,922 times

Advertisements

I like the idea of a policeman to curb the teen’s outlandish and obnoxious behavior. That should work better than removing benches.

Before you insult the town politicians I suggest you spend the time attending the open public meetings and see what kind of pressure other citizens are applying. Angry bitching without paying attention is unbecoming to a citizen.

IMHO Keene has always been ahead of the curve. Replacing parking lots with commercial buildings makes more sense in this future of restricted automobile use than the previous policy of replacing building with parking lots in order to compete with suburban malls. It is the malls that are going to be in dire straight in the near future.

The local government has figured this out as illustrated by the high rents and property values confirming the desirability of keen as a place to live and conduct business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2013, 06:02 AM

3,078 posts, read 4,382,323 times
Supposedly teens and mall rats don't like classical music. Blare it at them where they are loitering and they will find some other place to hang out.

Old 06-03-2013, 06:18 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,876,922 times
"Das Spake Zarathustra" at 110 db on an endless loop might drive away more than obnoxious teens but is probably worth a try.

Old 06-03-2013, 06:22 AM

686 posts, read 1,771,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
Supposedly teens and mall rats don't like classical music. Blare it at them where they are loitering and they will find some other place to hang out.
Or, use this more "recent" technique?

Old 06-03-2013, 06:35 AM

3,078 posts, read 4,382,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
"Das Spake Zarathustra" at 110 db on an endless loop might drive away more than obnoxious teens but is probably worth a try.
That's pretty intense. I was thinking more like Vivaldi "The Four Seasons."
Entertainment | Businesses using music to deter crime and loitering | Seattle Times Newspaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMUR View Post
That's also a good one.

Old 06-03-2013, 07:38 AM

489 posts, read 965,830 times
I don't have much to add as for the topic, but I do love the screen name...Kramerica. Awesome!

-Mike

Old 06-03-2013, 04:21 PM

22 posts, read 21,975 times
Quote:
I like the idea of a policeman to curb the teen’s outlandish and obnoxious behavior. That should work better than removing benches.

Before you insult the town politicians I suggest you spend the time attending the open public meetings
I have
Quote:
and see what kind of pressure other citizens are applying.
None.
Quote:
Angry bitching without paying attention is unbecoming to a citizen.
I pay attention to everything. But I am poor, so I do not have even the slightest chance to change anything. That is one things the Leftists w8ill not admit

Quote:
IIMHO Keene has always been ahead of the curve.
If the "curve? is totaitarian Nazism, I will agree. No, perhaps I am being just a little bit too harsh. The "city" Fuhrers are afraid to use the "city" police to ensure peace abd enjoyment for the rest of the citizens of the "cuty" of Keene.

Have you noticed the quote narks I use when referring to the "city" of Keene? That is because Keene is no more than an over-grown college town that aspires to greatness that it does not deserve and will never achieve.

Old 06-05-2013, 08:00 AM

30 posts, read 67,250 times
Thanks Mike

Old 06-05-2013, 03:12 PM

Quote:
The local government has figured this out as illustrated by the high rents and property values confirming the desirability of keen as a place to live and conduct business.
Rents are high because this is a college town, and landlords will charge whatever the college student's parents are willing to pay. Not just in Keene itself, bit in the surrounding communities, as well.

Local government has absolutely nothing to do with the usury of landlords. Of course, local government does nothing to stop it, either.

Old 06-05-2013, 03:14 PM

Quote:
I like the idea. Of course, there are the noise ordinances...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire