Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 05:28 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,974,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
Uh, I'm fairly certain its a common trait that is often associated with Asperger's Syndrome.
Is that what ' Ee's got?

Old 05-22-2013, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
Uh.....who cares what the "experts" call it. It's a sickness, and not only Asperger suffers share it. As a matter of fact many liberal NH resisdents who want to spend a billion dollars in this semi-rural state to run trains to Boston that carry less than 2% of the NH population share this borderline fetish
The 'train expert' is a resident evil of NJ USA not NH USA

Old 05-22-2013, 05:41 PM

6,574 posts, read 6,745,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
The 'train expert' is a resident evil of NJ USA not NH USA
Lol, yup....he should be happy down there without worrying about NH. NJ has a lot of choo-choo trains he can play with.

Old 05-22-2013, 06:03 PM

Last year i went to Mass i had to for a movie promo on a book there i assisted with in making the movie promo. My wife and I rode down on my bike 1600 Nomad, and went to find the theater first in Salem, since i arrived a tad early to get eats (clams) and see any old sights i might recall.

We were to stay over night at the 'Studio' in Beverly which just happened to be where the train station is too.

Well we found Rt 1-A was a bombed out wreck of a road between Beverly and Salem and manholes were up around 8 inches all over the road as well and i didn't want to buck mass traffic at night on the bike with that kind of road hazards so we took the train from one station to the next. That was my wife's first ever train ride. She thought it was great. I thought the train was filthy. I have been on coal burners that were cleaner. This thing was like a rolling dump with trash everywhere.

After the show I asked openly for a ride in a car to get back to where the bike was and the studio, as i had been introduced to the entire audience body by the owner of the book.

Interestingly I wasn't totally accepted by everyone since i was in civies and they thought i should have looked just like this

I think when the train comes to NH I may ride the train dressed this way though, I am sure that would be Fun!

Old 05-22-2013, 06:17 PM

LMAO......that's the way to ride the billion dollar NH train to nowhere Mac

Old 05-22-2013, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
LMAO......that's the way to ride the billion dollar NH train to nowhere Mac
Since you got this far, now i need to know if you think those spears make an old man look fat?

That day was Nov 1st 2010 and everyone else was dressed in down vests and wore jackets. The wind was up hard. My wife took that still and she chopped my feet off.

I was in my old knee high mocs instead of the new center seams i made just for that shoot. That shoot was supposed to have been in June of the year. You can't tell the mocs are that high since they are under the leggin's and help in part by the brain tan shell beaded garters.

i sure wish i had seen a wooley around there that day sartin'!

I suspect that on a train there are rather a lot of pretty big wooley's but i don't know that.

(to you: I post a lot of pictures here, but they say i am afraid. Do I look like some body that would be afraid to you?)

Old 05-22-2013, 06:54 PM

I don' see any fat....you look to be in better shape than most 30 year olds I know

Old 05-23-2013, 07:15 AM

238 posts, read 315,427 times
Well this thread seems to have gone off the rails (pardon the pun) so I guess there's no harm in mentioning a couple things:

People who are pro-business should also be pro-train. Businesses need workers and customers. In particular businesses want workers who will work cheap and they want customers who have ample income to spend. If it's too expensive to live in a certain area then businesses will have a harder time finding workers who will work cheap (they'll all have moved away to where more affordable homes are available) and even those who can afford to live there will have less disposable income since a higher percentage of their budget will be tied up in housing costs.

Inexpensive train service allows workers to commute from further out in the burbs, cuts down on those worker's automobile expenses, and helps businesses with both workers and customers.

So while on paper having a train operating at a loss would seem to be a "bad" thing if those losses are offset by more/better jobs, increased business revenue (and subsequent taxes), and less pollution then on the whole it's a win for everyone. But that's a big "if", right? It has to be done right and can't just be a big boondoggle for a few contractors and politicians.

Also, it might be worth pointing out that trains are steeped in NH's history. The Mount Washington Hotel in particular...

Quote:
The most luxurious hotel of its day, The Mount Washington catered to wealthy guests from Boston, New York and Philadelphia. As many as fifty trains a day stopped at Bretton Woods' three railroad stations. One of these stations, Fabyan's, is now one of the Resort's dining establishments.

Old 05-23-2013, 11:50 AM

In that case I need a train that runs to red commie china. Customers don't come here. Once in a while a red commie chinese engineer does, but that is seldom. They make a terrible look when i offer them water from the tap too!

I worked at the Mount Washington Hotel during a resurrection in the 80's and the Eagle Mt House too.

That's a great train ride in Fall. but i haven't been on it. Before that i jumped one of the last freights passing thru Bartlett, with the idea i would get off at Fabyan's. That idea was a bad idea. I should have got off in Crawfords. i ended up getting off in Whitefield where the damned thing stopped anyway.

If you get past Fabyan's last time i looked the ties made of wood were in bad shape, and going down thru the notch to Conway they are much better because the Scenic has replaced them.

These notions of trains in NH are as dead of an Idea of rebuilding the Mt Washington Hotel if and when it burns and one day it will. It is one of the last great Inns of the 1880's standing.

One wrong move and that place is toast. Din't take it wrong as i love and live for that old stuff, but when it's gone it's gone.

If you go to the Cog railway you will find silly looking diesel engines now taking over from coal.They just look all wrong.

if this does happen it will work under shear Govt Stupid.

That is the way of it these days. Down to Ossipee they installed a water works by drilling thru the old town dump at the bottom of the blasted hill. From there they pump the water from 3 wells up to Dan Hole Pond where the towns's water used to come from anyway for free, on gravity feed.

This illustrious system fed 125 buildings last I knew and for the cost of 3 million bucks.

Before this was done for 3 hundred thou they could have had a same source pond water run thru a system to ozonate the water. This was soundly rejected.

The cost was to be off set by selling the water bottled as spring water which the pond water already was, but not down the hill under the old dump. In order to sell that water it would need that 300 thou ozonated water system and that was out of the budget..

This is in line with how the system works in NH.... Then a few years ago that up hill pipe froze and busted up big time and they had to dig the blasted whole thing up from one end almost to the other.

The next time that happens at town meetin' I just might suggest that when the pipe gets fixed the other end is in NJ USA. NJ should be familiar with dump water no?

Old 05-23-2013, 02:52 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,701,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Aptor here's my fat ass.

Do you think that Kimber .45 in an Alessi shoulder holder makes me look fat?
You are not fat but believe me i saw plenty working in the pharmacy that were generations of local welfare spawn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire