Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2006, 07:12 PM

2 posts, read 8,535 times

Advertisements

i am considering a move to this county. Can anyone tell me the median cost of homes & property for Pittsburg, NH & colebroke
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2006, 01:52 PM

4 posts, read 18,768 times
Default Looking for demographics, cost, other initial info

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeano79 View Post
i am considering a move to this county. Can anyone tell me the median cost of homes & property for Pittsburg, NH & colebroke
Hello Jeano. I, too am looking forward to NH. I'm in Maine. When I want data about which you are asking I do a search on google by typing in pittsburg, nh.
Here is what I came up with:

https://www.city-data.com/city/Pittsb...Hampshire.html

If you copy and paste it into the address bar the page will come up. I have searched several locations in NH this way, to begin with. I hope this helps. If you wish to send me a private message (I'm new here and don't exactly know how) you can send me your phone #. Perhaps we can share information.

Old 11-12-2007, 01:27 PM

2 posts, read 5,623 times
Hello Jeano79 and Maine-2-NH.
Here is the local Newspaper from Colebrook. The News & Sentinel You can check the classifieds for rentals and it also has real estate brokers in the area. My hubby and I plan on moving ourselves up there in the next 10 years to retire. We have two places there and cannot wait to make the move. We've been going up there and own property for going on 10 years now. Love it!! Great people, cant get any better!!

Old 11-12-2007, 01:43 PM

1,775 posts, read 8,103,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeano79 View Post
There is a thread about BERLIN N.H. which is in Coos County. Colebrook? What would make you want to move out there? Just curious. There is absolutely nothing out there. My niece and nephew live out there with their mom and they recently moved to Berlin with their father to go to High School because there is no high school in Colebrook but just a group with all different level grades in 1 classroom. Not much further north of there is the wonderful correctional institute that all the troubled kids are sent to because there's nowhere for them to go if they escape. I can tell you the median home price for a decent home can go around $120,000. Again, where are you going to work to afford the payments unless your retired and have it covered. Colebrook is also big on skiing and snowmachining. The Balsams ski resort is up there if you can afford $300 a night stay. Errol is not too far away and during the winter months if there's snow, you'll be dodging snowmachines at the one gas pump in town. I might even be mixed up in there somewhere snowmachining. It's the thing to do up there. Other areas i would consider in Coos county are Lancaster/Groveton area, Gorham (touristy town), Berlin (trashy in some areas but has everything you need), Milan (country farm setting travel to Berlin for groceries). Anything north of Milan is pretty much out in the sticks. 13 mile woods along the river leads you to Errol then Colebrook.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire