Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 08:06 AM

88 posts, read 251,964 times

Advertisements

My family and I just got back from a week long trip to NH and despite the overcast and rain, LOVED every bit of our trip. We spent most of our time in the south central part of the state (in the Monadnock region) but also ventured to the coast/beach areas and north to Lake Winnipesaukee. Not only is the state in general beautiful with mountains, lakes, rock formations and during this trip colorful trees, but the locals were AWESOME! Everyone we encountered from the rental car company, the campsites, the restaurants, the tourist areas, shops we visited, etc. were so friendly and accommodating. Honestly, I have not met a nicer and happier population of people. Even the drivers on the highways are courteous!! So, to everyone we made personal contact with and those of you that we passed on the roads or along our walks....thank you so much!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2012, 08:34 AM

1,135 posts, read 2,497,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnbnv View Post
My family and I just got back from a week long trip to NH and despite the overcast and rain, LOVED every bit of our trip. We spent most of our time in the south central part of the state (in the Monadnock region) but also ventured to the coast/beach areas and north to Lake Winnipesaukee. Not only is the state in general beautiful with mountains, lakes, rock formations and during this trip colorful trees, but the locals were AWESOME! Everyone we encountered from the rental car company, the campsites, the restaurants, the tourist areas, shops we visited, etc. were so friendly and accommodating. Honestly, I have not met a nicer and happier population of people. Even the drivers on the highways are courteous!! So, to everyone we made personal contact with and those of you that we passed on the roads or along our walks....thank you so much!!

Thanks for the kind words! glad you liked it, stinks about the weather, we had such a nice dry spring and summer, I guess we were long overdue for some new england rain for weeks on ends....

Old 10-05-2012, 09:07 AM

88 posts, read 251,964 times
Thanks Chris! We didn't mind the weather so much because we still got to do everything we wanted. We were scoping out the area....hoping to move there within a year. Everything we experienced just confirmed that we want to make NH home!!

Old 10-05-2012, 10:45 AM

1,708 posts, read 2,916,703 times
Where do you guys live now?

Old 10-05-2012, 12:02 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,984,532 times
Too bad it's been raining so much. Pretty much since the 2nd weekend of September if you ask me. On and off but rather wettish over all. Next time get up nawth faster to see the larger mtns.

Old 10-05-2012, 01:11 PM

4,643 posts, read 13,957,329 times
I'm glad that you were able to experience and enjoy New Hampshire even through the raindrops While many folks here say that it's not 'real' NH if you're below Concord, I think that people are generally nice throughout the state, and am glad that you found friendly and helpful folks along the way.

It really was such a dry summer, much more than usual, and following the nearly snowless winter that we had last year, many of us locals are happy to have the rain. I actually enjoy the foliage on gray & cloudy days more than the sunny days-there is just something about the fog lifting off the ponds with the foliage in the background... Be sure to check out the NH Photo Thread for many of Verseau's recent additions-just beautiful!

Old 10-09-2012, 03:03 PM

122 posts, read 313,563 times
I live in the Monadnock Region, and agree with you that it is a great area. And it is really a part of NH, despite what some people seem to think! We have mountains, lakes, beautiful foliage, easy access to lots of places for day trips, not too much traffic, courteous drivers, friendly salespeople. I've lived here a year now and it is truly a find. I'm glad you had a good visit!

Old 10-14-2012, 10:58 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,581,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnbnv View Post
You about mentioned everything I love about NH.

I used to live in North Conway but moved away in January 2011. Really miss it. Love the four seasons but the past few summers I was there(2008, 2009 & 2010) it was really wet.

I live in Southern Oregon now and looking to move back to the East Coast next year. Sadly as much as I miss it, it probably won't be NH.

Old 10-14-2012, 11:30 PM

3,941 posts, read 6,734,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean71 View Post
You about mentioned everything I love about NH.

I used to live in North Conway but moved away in January 2011. Really miss it. Love the four seasons but the past few summers I was there(2008, 2009 & 2010) it was really wet.

I live in Southern Oregon now and looking to move back to the East Coast next year. Sadly as much as I miss it, it probably won't be NH.
Where in Oregon are you living? How is it compared to the East Coast?

Old 10-15-2012, 12:47 AM

3,040 posts, read 2,581,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goolsbyjazz View Post
Where in Oregon are you living? How is it compared to the East Coast?
Klamath Falls, Oregon.
While I haven't seen all Oregon has to offer, I have seen quite a bit. Haven't been to the coast though. It definitely isn't as green as NH or most of the East Coast. Portland is cloudy and rainy A LOT. Southern Oregon has nice hot summers and no humidity but its very dry and brown around here. Trees are very spread out and the hills don't really have trees. Just brown. Lol. The mountains have trees and look nice but still doesn't compare to the East Coast mountains. Its generally no mountainous around either. Way more flat.

As far as the economy goes, its pretty hard to judge since I have been away from the East Coast for so long but I want to say its probably worse. Definitely not better. It seems everyone around here is on Food Stamps.
Meth is also a BIG problem around here. And I would say it goes for the whole state. Unemployment is also pretty high in Oregon.

Feel free to PM me if you have questions though I'm probably not the greatest Ambassador for the place. Lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire