Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2011, 07:25 PM

63 posts, read 132,610 times

Advertisements

After years of research and visits, we're finally moving to NH this summer. Thanks to everybody here for encouraging words and tremendously helpful information. A special thanks to everyone who answered my Energy Star/Green/Geothermal questions. You're the best! Thanks to a list of do's and don'ts that I got here, we're completing an Energy star home with a sufficient roof slope no valleys to get snow back-up problems, etc. I look forward to finally settling in and am not anxious about ice dams or drafts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2011, 07:41 PM

2,360 posts, read 5,252,344 times
Congratulations thats great.

Old 06-07-2011, 12:14 PM

223 posts, read 540,603 times
best to have the house doors not on the side where the roof slants down. Rain, ice, snow etc coming off the roof onto the door steps, landing etc. not fun and with ice can be dangerous.

where in NH are you looking to move to?

Old 06-07-2011, 03:04 PM

497 posts, read 953,620 times
Congrats.

Another transplant from the poisoned corrupt Garden state here.
Where you moving to, and where ya coming from
We came from Bergen co.
We'll never look back. Slower, cleaner, simpler HAPPIER way of life.
2 years now and lovin it.

Old 06-07-2011, 07:00 PM

202 posts, read 505,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ2NH View Post
After years of research and visits, we're finally moving to NH this summer. Thanks to everybody here for encouraging words and tremendously helpful information. A special thanks to everyone who answered my Energy Star/Green/Geothermal questions. You're the best! Thanks to a list of do's and don'ts that I got here, we're completing an Energy star home with a sufficient roof slope no valleys to get snow back-up problems, etc. I look forward to finally settling in and am not anxious about ice dams or drafts.
Welcome. Please be sure to vote appropriately so that NH does not turn into New Jersey. Individual liberty and small government are key to our quality of life. Embrace them if you haven't already, and help us protect NH for your family and everybody else.

You may want to learn more about the Free State Project and the NH Liberty Alliance.

http://freestateproject.org/

http://www.nhliberty.org/

Old 07-28-2012, 05:53 PM

Smile Happily settled

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauloman View Post
best to have the house doors not on the side where the roof slants down. Rain, ice, snow etc coming off the roof onto the door steps, landing etc. not fun and with ice can be dangerous.

where in NH are you looking to move to?
Sorry for the delay in responding, but we have been busy getting to know the best state in the nation. We've moved to Dover, and I want everyone to know what a great town it is. Pauloman, the door is NOT on the slant side! This winter was hardly a fair test of NH winter, but our house was toasty warm with a low energy cost.

Old 07-28-2012, 05:56 PM

Smile happy transplant

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewNHguy View Post
Congrats.

Another transplant from the poisoned corrupt Garden state here.
Where you moving to, and where ya coming from
We came from Bergen co.
We'll never look back. Slower, cleaner, simpler HAPPIER way of life.
2 years now and lovin it.
Hi, we came from Bergen Co, too, and are happy, happy with life here after the first year. Love the Seacoast area and are enjoying the slower, cleaner, simpler, Happier way of life you referred to.

Never fear, I am not looking to make NH be NJ!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire