Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2011, 07:37 PM

2,649 posts, read 3,545,450 times

Advertisements

Is not bottled water...

nor is it a compass, GPS, first aid kid or
bear repellent. Your cellphone? Please!

The most essential piece of hiking gear is a trash bag to pick up after yourselves you foolish careless slobs. That goes for us natives as well as tourists too. There is no excuse for being a pig, period, it is not ignorance, it is laziness. it is not pride it is arrogance. It is not a right it is a sick habit.

PICK UP YOUR TRASH! It only takes a few seconds, it weighs exactly the same as it did when you brought it in, it's belongs to YOU not the woods, or streams, lakes or oceans of the wilderness.

Every year I get a kick of all the trash left by the " health" conscious. Mmmm did it ever occur to you modern day Hippie hybrids that keeping your planet healthy keeps you healthy? It's gonna take the break down cycle awhile to digest your plastic yogurt containers and water bottles. You "PROUD TO BE A HUNTER" Rednecks and hillbilly's ain't no better. You ***** about the city kids spray painting your rocks, while you burn tires in the woods..WTF??

Look, we all pollute, it is a by product of being human, it is part of the degeneration process of this world, which is by design burning out. That does not mean we need accelerate it, nor does it lessen our accountability for our actions in our stewardship of it.

Most every philosophical view point acknowledges the importance and responsibility of taking care of ones own back yard.. earth is ours. and NH is my immediate part of it, I would think we would take a little pride in it, maybe even if we don't carry in our own trash, perhaps we could take along that bag anyway to take out some anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2011, 06:51 AM

497 posts, read 953,368 times
I'll be gangsta for 2 seconds...."tru Dat"!!!!!

Dave, you are 200% correct. For the 30 seconds it takes to police up your campsite ot rest area, or the spit second it takes to think..."gee, I'll leave the plastic granola wrapper in my pocket", makes a difference on the trail, the overall ecosystem and says wealths about you!

In this disposable, throw away society we have become, where does it make it ok to just pitch your ***** wherever you feel?

Dating myself, but this goes back to the TV commercials of the '70's, where the Native American is standing by the trash on the side of the road with tears in his eyes.....Hell, further back than that. it all comes down to lazyness and lack of respect for those around you and your surroundings....

I'm not even gonna apologize for the rant.....

Pick up after yours selves folks.

Old 05-15-2011, 12:30 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,974,579 times
If you packed it IN, then pack it OUT, and grab a bunch more too.

Old 05-19-2011, 10:19 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,805,597 times
People leave trash for the same reason some industries still pollute. Dumping is cheaper than hauling the trash away or treating the exhaust gasses or dirty water. Another reason is some people just like to mark their spot by "claining" it with trash. The back floor of my car may be a mess of empty soda and water bottles but I am just keeping them there until I recycle them when cleaning the car.

Old 05-19-2011, 10:37 AM

1,200 posts, read 2,217,763 times
When gearing up for a day in the woods I usually start with a sidearm.

Old 05-19-2011, 11:00 AM

477 posts, read 900,197 times
Nice rant. Couldn't agree more.

Old 05-19-2011, 02:38 PM

497 posts, read 953,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgthoskins View Post
When gearing up for a day in the woods I usually start with a sidearm.

Yea, me too.....
but I would not throw that to the side of the trail either.

Heck, I even police up my brass @ the range.

Old 05-19-2011, 06:29 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,701,662 times
Chapstick and sunglasses!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire