Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 06:24 AM

97 posts, read 396,213 times

Advertisements

Yes, we have a buyer on our home in Florida and after inspection today are hopefully running from this state back to the North, but the question is where in NH and how is the prices ......I've been reading some of the comments from questions being asked and getting confused on areas and if prices will be coming down, should I wait much longer,or just go buy? I think I'm still in shock we got a buyer on this end. I really understand all the frustration to selling your house today. To be honest I planted a St. Joseph's statue and the next person that walked through my door is buying the house within 2 weeks . If you believe,as I do, try a little praying and faith, it works! Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks and best of luck to all those sellers out there. I'll be coming to buy so all you sellers get those prices good and smile
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2007, 11:56 AM

4,565 posts, read 10,676,067 times
I have family in NH the prices are the highest I've ever seen.

Good time to rent, wait at least a year to buy. One thing people forget about real estate is what goes up, must come down. It goes in 20 year waves. NH just crested the wave and is heading slowly down.

Old 07-16-2007, 02:54 PM

117 posts, read 486,356 times
Congratulations Back Home. I too just sold my house in OH and will be closing in NH on July 31. I did the statue thing too and believe me it does work--had the strangest thing happen when we sold. The guy was going to make an offer on another house 2 hours earlier and for some reason decided he had to see our house before that and he bought ours instead--literally dragged away from the other house. The market can't get too much worse or nothing will be selling. I found a nice area in Deerfield that gave me a relatively good deal(considering it is New England and will not be as cheap as other areas). Wait too long and you lose.

Old 07-16-2007, 03:34 PM

453 posts, read 2,102,534 times
this weekend i spent a few hours walking around downtown portsmouth. there are TONS of houses on the market. this should help to lower the cost of buying

Old 07-17-2007, 07:38 PM

4,565 posts, read 10,676,067 times
But... 8 months ago, there were no houses on the market in the Portsmouth. If one went up for sale, it was sold instantly. People realize now that the market is starting to decline, in this area, now would be the time to sell. Its only going to go down so sell NOW.

Buy low.
Sell high.

Yes, it should start to lower prices.

Old 07-18-2007, 10:07 AM

9 posts, read 50,018 times
Congrats on the sale of your Florida property. Moderator cut: advertising

Last edited by AustinTraveler; 07-18-2007 at 04:19 PM..

Old 07-20-2007, 07:07 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,721,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 399083453 View Post
But... 8 months ago, there were no houses on the market in the Portsmouth. If one went up for sale, it was sold instantly. People realize now that the market is starting to decline, in this area, now would be the time to sell. Its only going to go down so sell NOW.

Buy low.
Sell high.

Yes, it should start to lower prices.
I'd love to live in Potsmouth! Never could afford it before, but this would be the time to get in there.

Old 07-20-2007, 07:53 AM

793 posts, read 3,124,385 times
Trust me, there are PLENTY of Portsmouth homes that have been figuratively collecting rust on the open market. I think if you want to be in DOWNTOWN Portsmouth, then that is where availability and prices become a big headache.

Old 08-06-2007, 07:39 PM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,208,779 times
Default Hello! Statue Question???

HELLO BACK HOME!

HELLO WIMU!

I was reading your posts! And I do have FAITH in prayer!
And I was wondering if there is anything special that needs to be done with the statue, is there any special way that the statue has to be buried???

I have had friends in the past that have done this as well, and it worked for them, their houses got sold RIGHT AWAY!!!

Anyway, thanks a bunch for your input!

Take care,
COUNTRYLV22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back Home View Post
Yes, we have a buyer on our home in Florida and after inspection today are hopefully running from this state back to the North, but the question is where in NH and how is the prices ......I've been reading some of the comments from questions being asked and getting confused on areas and if prices will be coming down, should I wait much longer,or just go buy? I think I'm still in shock we got a buyer on this end. I really understand all the frustration to selling your house today. To be honest I planted a St. Joseph's statue and the next person that walked through my door is buying the house within 2 weeks . If you believe,as I do, try a little praying and faith, it works! Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks and best of luck to all those sellers out there. I'll be coming to buy so all you sellers get those prices good and smile

Old 08-07-2007, 04:54 AM

117 posts, read 486,356 times
We did use the statue but I felt just a little funny burying it so we put it in a very visible area and 3 weeks later someone was literally dragged to see our house. I have never had this happen as it was the strangest thing I had ever seen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire