Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 03:18 PM

22 posts, read 84,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tressa View Post
The heart of Daytona Beach is 6.6 miles from Port Orange and Henderson is 5 miles from LV. Seems that Port Orange has a high number of sex offenders per capita. So I guess crime is everywhere or the potential is.

Oh jesus so far away It is all the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2007, 04:03 PM

5,595 posts, read 19,071,221 times
hmmm ...if that's the case, sounds like Olecapt wins the debate.

Old 06-08-2007, 04:04 PM

1,195 posts, read 5,417,225 times
Some folks are just more focused on their past versus the future, perhaps they are saddened that they left Nevada so they have to make it look worse than it is to support there move.

Old 06-08-2007, 04:05 PM

1,195 posts, read 5,417,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scirocco22 View Post
hmmm ...if that's the case, sounds like Olecapt wins the debate.
Yep, I would say so

Old 06-08-2007, 04:19 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,268,564 times
Default ONe does not win with RedWingFan

One survives the skirmish.

Old 06-08-2007, 05:21 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,448,680 times
Ole Capt state Port Orange had low crime,
Quote:
In fact if you combine very low Port Orange and Daytona Beach the combo
Statistics are statistically meaningless. North Las Vegas has high Crime, Neil Road and Sun Valley in Reno have high crime, Austin doesn't.

The chances of you dying from cancer are far greater than of you being a victim of violent crime, unless you are a black male 15 to 25.

Don't worry, be happy etc.

Old 06-08-2007, 05:29 PM

1,608 posts, read 9,754,608 times
Olcapt, you can keep saying all you want about Port Orange and Daytona. But its apparant that you aren't familiar with the area. Sure, you said back decades ago you visited here, but you certainly don't know it now. I'm about a 15 minutes down the freeway from Daytona (the good areas of Daytona, even farther from the not so nice areas).

There is a big difference in something like Henderson and NLV. Just because they are within 15 minutes drive from each doesn't mean they are at all the same. I would think as a realtor you would know that, but it sounds as though you are arguing quite the opposite with the whole bedroom comment. There's a big difference in NLV and Henderson, just the same as there's a big difference in Port Orange and Daytona Beach. Just the same as there's a big difference between the city of Detroit and 8 miles north of it the city of Troy (as I have pointed out). You are arguing this way this posting, but will flop like a fish in another when you tell someone to say west or east of a certain road! That blows your theory out of the water that the places that are all within 10-15 minutes of each other are all the same. They are not. Ten to 15 minutes in any direction regardless of what city you are in can make a huge difference!

No, you can't win with me because you are consistantly wrong. See, I lived in that valley for 10 years and have the experience. You may have vacationed in this area once or twice...maybe... Big difference.

But again, you are dodging the original post of ranking. You are trying to justify it and even say that I'm making it up. Get over it... it is what it is. I refer you back to the original post once again. Take up the problems you have with it with the company.

Old 06-08-2007, 05:45 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,448,680 times
Back to the meaningless statistics, it appears that their rankings were based on per capita. Nevada has two million people, most states, including Florida have several times that and more.

Now, if I have a town with 100 people and there are five violent Crimes I could give it a ranking of say 5. Now if I have a town of a thousand people and I have 25 violent crimes, I would have to give it a ranking of 2.5, yet there were five times as many violent crimes.

Now, if I don't like the way those statistics went, I can change my methodology.

I could geographically locate crime. That would show that nearly all violent crime in Nevada occurs in only two locations, Reno and Las Vegas, compared with most states with a more generalized population having violent crime spread over the entire state. Thus making Nevada overall perhaps the safest state in the Nation.

In truth, in Nevada, nearly all violent crime is Hispanic on Hispanic and Black on Black. Sad, but true. If you are a middle class white person your chance of being a victim of violent crime is pretty low.

Old 06-08-2007, 05:58 PM

22 posts, read 84,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsFan View Post
Olcapt, you can keep saying all you want about Port Orange and Daytona. But its apparant that you aren't familiar with the area. Sure, you said back decades ago you visited here, but you certainly don't know it now. I'm about a 15 minutes down the freeway from Daytona (the good areas of Daytona, even farther from the not so nice areas).

There is a big difference in something like Henderson and NLV. Just because they are within 15 minutes drive from each doesn't mean they are at all the same. I would think as a realtor you would know that, but it sounds as though you are arguing quite the opposite with the whole bedroom comment. There's a big difference in NLV and Henderson, just the same as there's a big difference in Port Orange and Daytona Beach. Just the same as there's a big difference between the city of Detroit and 8 miles north of it the city of Troy (as I have pointed out). You are arguing this way this posting, but will flop like a fish in another when you tell someone to say west or east of a certain road! That blows your theory out of the water that the places that are all within 10-15 minutes of each other are all the same. They are not. Ten to 15 minutes in any direction regardless of what city you are in can make a huge difference!

No, you can't win with me because you are consistantly wrong. See, I lived in that valley for 10 years and have the experience. You may have vacationed in this area once or twice...maybe... Big difference.

But again, you are dodging the original post of ranking. You are trying to justify it and even say that I'm making it up. Get over it... it is what it is. I refer you back to the original post once again. Take up the problems you have with it with the company.
And the old N las vegas is quite different than the newer. I live in North Las Vegas and don't see all this terrible crime??????? Now I am sure there are pockets like in any other city where crime is higher.

Take out the auto theft and I wonder how much it would change the figures?

Its ok to be bitter cupcake.

Old 06-08-2007, 09:33 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,268,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
Back to the meaningless statistics, it appears that their rankings were based on per capita. Nevada has two million people, most states, including Florida have several times that and more.

Now, if I have a town with 100 people and there are five violent Crimes I could give it a ranking of say 5. Now if I have a town of a thousand people and I have 25 violent crimes, I would have to give it a ranking of 2.5, yet there were five times as many violent crimes.

Now, if I don't like the way those statistics went, I can change my methodology.

I could geographically locate crime. That would show that nearly all violent crime in Nevada occurs in only two locations, Reno and Las Vegas, compared with most states with a more generalized population having violent crime spread over the entire state. Thus making Nevada overall perhaps the safest state in the Nation.

In truth, in Nevada, nearly all violent crime is Hispanic on Hispanic and Black on Black. Sad, but true. If you are a middle class white person your chance of being a victim of violent crime is pretty low.
An interesting observation. How about you quantify "nearly all" And then cite a source for your statistics. For one that does not care for them you really jump right into the mouth of the beast. We await enlightenment.

You are by the way...wrong...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada