Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 10:16 PM

116 posts, read 284,970 times

Advertisements

Thanks again for the information! I didn't realize some homes may be responsible for street repair.....I wonder how often they have to be repaired (no freeze/thaw, snow/ice, salt). Good advice for checking out the HOA, no experience with them at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2008, 04:59 PM

1 posts, read 3,287 times
I monitor Mesquite's real estate activity closely. The local market is very slow. There has only been one closing posted in the first 10 days of Nov. While there appear to be many people looking at homes, very few are buying. Over the past few months a significant percentage of the sales have been bank owned properties. There are lots of opportunities for those who are in the market to buy.

Old 01-05-2009, 11:21 PM

4 posts, read 13,996 times
Still thinking of moving to Mesquite. My wife and I will be visiting again soon. We were wondering where Mesquite residents board their pets (cats & dogs) when they go on vacation. Any advice or recommendations on some nice places for our guys that we could check out would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Old 05-03-2009, 10:15 AM

26 posts, read 179,691 times
Hi all,

Thanks so much for useful information about Mesquite! It is one of my favorite cities in U.S. I go to Las Vegas once or twice a year by driving or flying but most of time driving. I live in Iowa as of now. I admire their beautiful settings and landscape.

I had my bachelor's degree of computer science and program certificate in Geographic Information System (GIS)/Cartography. I have been applying jobs to several firms associated with field jobs such as GIS or Global Positioning System (GPS). I know there is one firm named Bulloch Brothers Engineering has an office in Mesquite and I sent my resume and references back in 2007. I haven't heard from them since so I look up at their website. It seems links aren't working at all. Just wondering if Bulloch Brothers Engineering (BBE) still exists? The location in Mesquite is 750 West Pioneer Boulevard. I keep getting that there are no job openings yet each time I visit BBE's website? Is that true or are they lazy to post job openings on website? Please help if you are familiar with this firm. Appreciated so much after some of you reply. Have a great day and great week ahead!

GeoMapster

PS - I love Mesquite! LOL

Old 05-03-2009, 01:37 PM

1,009 posts, read 4,039,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoMapster View Post
Just wondering if Bulloch Brothers Engineering (BBE) still exists?
Local media references.

A lot of dirt is still being moved at the West end of Pioneer . . area aerial.

Old 05-03-2009, 03:08 PM

5,595 posts, read 19,053,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoise View Post
Local media references.

A lot of dirt is still being moved at the West end of Pioneer . . area aerial.
One problem, though, is that MSN arial appears to be about 5+ years old, tortoise.

Old 05-03-2009, 08:48 PM

Thank you for reply and your help, Tortoise and Scirocco22. About MSN aerial, when I zoom up to nearest ground, some new buildings appeared. Look that way that new recent aerial photo were there. If you zoom back, they disappeared because of older photos. I see Earth Google have same older photos with MSN aerial. Also when using Earth Google, it pinpointed the address given and it is located just west of N. Grapevine Road on West Pioneer Boulevard and north of I-15.

Thanks for the links! Smiles

GeoMapster

Old 05-04-2009, 12:05 AM

5,595 posts, read 19,053,646 times
Ah, ok, GeoMapster. Thanks for correcting me. I just looked at a few familiar landmarks and noticed that some hadn't even appeared and they've been there about five years. I didn't play around with the zoom.

But yes, it seemed that Bullock Brothers the last time I looked was still there. They have their offices in the Redd Hills Plaza on Pioneer Blvd.

http://www.pridecontractors.com/proj...project8-2.jpg

Old 05-04-2009, 08:21 AM

No problems LOL, Smiles!

Cool photo of Bulloch Brothers Engineering location. So it is smaller office location sharing with other firms. I know there is other one in St. George, Utah and supposed to be a headquarter there. Thank so much for the input and photo, Scirocco22!

We will probably stop by that location one day on way to Las Vegas to on way back home from Las Vegas.

GeoMapster

Old 05-04-2009, 09:17 AM

15,756 posts, read 38,215,465 times
For aerials of Las Vegas the County GIS is generally the best...

OpenWeb Info Mapper

Note that the property sheet for each property gives the flyover date...Most of Mesquite appears to have been done last September.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada