Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2008, 12:06 PM

116 posts, read 341,027 times

Advertisements

Hiya Lois! ..."if I go crazy will you still call me Superman?" (if that's your real name, but assuming not considering your job, you probably get that a lot. lol)

The town you wrote about is NOT the same one I wrote about... and damn you for making me use babelfish. lol But it was in a town literally next door.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2008, 12:23 PM

Plains10: Seriously this is what I'm talking about regarding the other issue. Now in this country "Hispanic" is suddenly the same thing as "illegal." I'm not saying you personally are saying that, but when the two words are mentioned in the same sentence so much...

Know what I mean, Vern?

Last edited by ColeSD; 01-04-2008 at 12:25 PM.. Reason: clarity

Old 01-04-2008, 12:24 PM

214 posts, read 474,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattpoulsen View Post
Ga. Peach,

Ann Coulter and Michael Savage. If that is your idea of political commentary then you need to pull your head out of the sand. That is not politics...that's nothing more than idiots trying to scare people into listening to them. They are disgusting...in the worst way. And before you go off on some sort of "liberal militant" rant...I'm a republican...but unfortunately for you I'm a free thinking one.

I also read books. Just looked at my library and see that I've read 12 books on Washington, 6 on Jefferson, 5 on Franklin, 4 on Lincoln, and about another 500 miscellaneous books. I also read a lot of Samuel Clements growing up. But you need to expose yourself to thoughts and ideas from other people and groups of people...you can't just read a book about the 1700's and then extrapolate that to 2008. I bet you're one to denounce the idea of islam and evolution...but have you ever read the Quran or the Origin of Species??

We have been ask to stop highjacking thread . If you want to discuss dangers of ' radical 'islam, meet me in politicle topics .

Have you lived in S. Central Nebraska ? Thats what I want to know about .

Old 01-04-2008, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plains10 View Post
All I know is that Grand Island and Hall County has a large concentration of Hispanics compared with almost any other county in the state. The ag industry employes a lot of people in Grand Island and surrounding towns like Lexington.

Thanks for warning boss. Just the kind of place I am trying to get away from !

Unless employers start getting penalized for hiring them it will never change until theres no jobs left for anyone .

Can't beleive they will sell out their country and insult the men past and present who paid the ultimate price or live with handicap to keep us soverign , and their childrens future to save a few bucks . I see them in doctors office with missing limbs and no matter how we feel about war , they did what they thought was honorable .

Old 01-04-2008, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittnurse70 View Post
I'm sorry to break this to you, but there is no excuse for poor customer service, no matter how little money you are making, how tired you are, etc. That is something that was taught to me in Fundamentals of Nursing. I work in a dr's office, and a lot of our work is PR. A bad customer service experience can color your opinion of an entire business or town.

Hiya Nurse. I agree with you on this one about how it can color somebody's opinion of a town, etc. BUT I worked at an Arby's all the way through high school and it was probably better than Lois' McDonald's experience since we didn't make any burgers, but I could be perfectly nice to EVERYONE, and some customer would still find something to complain about.

I think there's a certain sense of entitlement in this country right now, and when I got the complaints I wanted so badly to say "This isn't the Ritz... it's Arby's." lol

By the way: I was a nursing major my first year of college. Then I took anatomy.

Didn't pan out. lol

Old 01-04-2008, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ga.Peach View Post
Thanks for warning boss. Just the kind of place I am trying to get away from !

Unless employers start getting penalized for hiring them it will never change until theres no jobs left for anyone .

Can't beleive they will sell out their country and insult the men past and present who paid the ultimate price or live with handicap to keep us soverign , and their childrens future to save a few bucks . I see them in doctors office with missing limbs and no matter how we feel about war , they did what they thought was honorable .
Peach you're equating, like many do, 'Hispanic' with 'illegal.' When I first read this, to tell the truth, I laughed, imagining my ten year old with his soccer ball... smiling and eating an ice cream cone. CHILLING IMAGE ISN'T IT.

Come on.

Old 01-04-2008, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeSD View Post
And Grand Island is boring, IMHO.

Peach have you checked out Kearney? It's a pretty cool town.

No I haven't ,is it conquored yet ? The whole truth about why I want to leave is this part of nation is being over run with foreigners . I like foreigners to a point . But we are having battles over resources here, not much water left , hospitals over run by legal and illegal alians using them for primary care and the feling of being in a strange unfriendly land,

Old 01-04-2008, 12:43 PM

(small note for Peach)

I don't think you're a bad person, but maybe misguided. Anyone who can joke about a rock group with 'erection' in the title can't be all that bad.

Old 01-04-2008, 12:44 PM

26,432 posts, read 46,638,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeSD View Post
Plains10: Seriously this is what I'm talking about regarding the other issue. Now in this country "Hispanic" is suddenly the same thing as "illegal." I'm not saying you personally are saying that, but when the two words are mentioned in the same sentence so much...

Know what I mean, Vern?
Clearly I realize the difference between illegal and legal. I assume you have never visitied SW Kansas. While their are many legal hispanics in KS you will also find illegal hispanics as well. This is true in other states as well. If you know history New Mexico has had Hispanic residents calling the state home for many MANY generations. There IS a difference. I am just being realistic and my opinions are based on experiences I have had in KS considering I have lived in the state for over 20 years.
To give another example the towns in rural SW Kansas are heavily reliant on commercial ag related employment. People in govt there are so desparate for new jobs that they would even consider building a huge coal power plant complex there.

Old 01-04-2008, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy99 View Post
Greetings, all.
(Attempting to humor a depressing situation, here)
I know of a nice Jewish family in Cedar County selling their house if you're interested, Georgiapeach.

We want to visit there first . Then after that we have to make rrangements if thats where we want to be . It would take about a year to make decision about move . First we would rent a place in the area we thought we may want to retire to, then if we decide it's better than where we'r at, we would make it permanent. So not in buying mode yet , but thanks .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska