Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2008, 09:15 AM

2,707 posts, read 6,232,080 times

Advertisements

It was weird here, last night. We watched two tornado vortex signatures head straight for us. Then just before our place, one split off the the north and one to the south. Just north of us they had golfball hail, as did south of us (no twisters, though).
We had about 20 pieces of pea sized, here... Go figure. We stood on our deck and watched the clouds boil right above our heads though. And we could see the updrafts just to the north. Very eery.

Up east of Imperial, near Hamlet they had softball sized hail. There were several tornados on the ground in Chase co, but I have yet to hear any news on damage. :P

There's flooding all around us, too. What a night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2008, 03:00 PM

947 posts, read 3,571,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpabes View Post
Pretty soon you will be providing exhaustive, yet comprehensive coverage for Ord area.
Yes, I will be.. I'll be on-call at KNLV one week a month (After business Hours & Weekends) and the first one back to the station in the event of "breaking news" or Severe Weather.

Old 06-05-2008, 04:13 PM

3,340 posts, read 9,686,836 times
So, what all is the cell doing in Central NE right now?

Old 06-05-2008, 04:41 PM

947 posts, read 3,571,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Ne View Post
So, what all is the cell doing in Central NE right now?
There is a Flash Flood Watch in effect till Friday Morning and a Tornado Watch in effect until 7pm tonight

Ord Weather Forecast and Conditions Nebraska (68862)

That's Ord, NE's forecast, but the two Watch's will include all other areas affected.

Old 06-05-2008, 05:17 PM

3,340 posts, read 9,686,836 times
So it begins, a super cell just came in from Kansas into the South East

Old 06-05-2008, 05:45 PM

1,821 posts, read 5,148,271 times
The squall line passed through the tri-cities area about 45 minutes ago, actually turned into a less eventful day than yesterday, thank goodness. Looks like we are in the clear till the next round. Lots of wind with the line, but its a relief when it gets through.

Old 06-05-2008, 06:17 PM

2,177 posts, read 3,547,619 times
WEll we caught this morning, heavy rain. Some wind but nothing that caused noticeable damage. Some flooding going on that is for sure. But in these hills it don't last long.

Old 06-08-2008, 01:52 AM

193 posts, read 656,342 times
Just had a tornado warning in Omaha. I believe they said there was a tornado on the ground briefly in Millard?

Old 06-08-2008, 06:56 AM

1,821 posts, read 5,148,271 times
Yeah, just read the article in the world herald online and they also have some pictures. Thanks goodness the only injury was to an arm of a little girl, thats truly scary when it is in the middle of the night like that. Thats another thing that has been weird about this season, at least to me. It seems like storms around here usually weaken at least at little once its been dark awhile. I personally can't remember having as many tornado watches go till 4-5 am as this spring, and now Omaha got hit in the middle of the night and Hastings got hit in the middle of the night last Wednesday/early Thursday morning.

Last edited by tpabes; 06-08-2008 at 07:17 AM..

Old 06-08-2008, 08:20 AM

4,176 posts, read 10,685,639 times
Sorry, guys, I've been offline for 10 days getting moved in and getting my internet up and walking (the wireless converter STILL doesn't work, so I have to be wired in to go online). Anyway, last Sunday, I took hubby down to Merritt Dam on 97 after we went to Valentine. The clouds started looking really vicious as we drove south toward Mullen; we turned around and headed for home. As soon as we walked in the door, the NOAA radio went off - there was a tornado that crossed Highway 97, 30 mi north of Mullen!

The weather has been gloomy, have only seen the stars once since we moved here, and Sunday night was very chilly with those 60 mph gusts out of the North. Everyone's basements are flooded here, even basements that don't normally get water. they said 10 inches of rain this past week already. The lightning and thunder in the evenings seems omnipresent! But I am not complaining, even with the wet dry vac going in the basement - it is awesome to sit on the porch and watch the storms move over - sometimes they split and go north and south around us, sometimes they bull right on thru.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska