Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2008, 02:57 PM

49 posts, read 181,426 times

Advertisements

I've searched and found no info on a reported truck/train collision near Lincoln, NE about 3-1/2 weeks ago, so around March 10. There were no fatalities, but the truck was apparently dragged down the tracks, etc. The driver was thrown free.

If anyone has information, please respond. I'm not looking to sue, etc., I just want info. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2008, 08:20 AM

45 posts, read 198,762 times
Depending on your legal standing to get info on this collision (were you in it, saw it, ect.), you might try talking to the railroad (good luck) or the the Fed. Railroad Adm. Other than that you are pretty much down to media searches.

Adam

Old 04-08-2008, 12:38 AM

Thanks, awoods2. I'm sure you're right about prying info from the railroad. They don't like to talk about negative publicity, even if it's not their fault. WHO could stop a 50-ton locomotive in time to avoid anything?

I'm still hoping someone from the area will remember it well enough to share whatever info they have. The details I have are vague, at best; I'm not even sure of the time period, so I'll expand it.

Does anyone have info about a truck/train collision near Lincoln, NE, from mid-February on? A friend of mine is the unfortunate truck driver. When we spoke, even he wasn't clear on the details. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Old 04-08-2008, 07:07 AM

2,947 posts, read 1,675,600 times
Road Closed Due To Semi vs Train Accident - News - NBC 17 (http://www.nbc17.com/midatlantic/ncn/news.apx.-content-articles-NCN-2008-03-07-0010.html - broken link)

North Platte Telegraph - Railroad reports posted on Internet (broken link)

Train Hits Cake Truck | Phillips & Webster

I do not know if any of these are what you are looking for. I used a search for 2008 NE train accidents. unfortunatly I've already recycled my newspapers. You might try to search local newspaper archives?? Good Luck and I hope you find the info you are looking for. How is your friend doing? Is he O.K.?

Old 04-08-2008, 09:14 PM

4,176 posts, read 10,688,423 times
If you know what jurisdiction it is in, you could start with the police department or sheriff's office deputies who worked the scene; likewise the fire department, or even EMS if they were called (even if no one was hurt). They can point you in the direction of other resources, including media stories. They should have someone there who knows what reporters if any were on scene.

Old 04-14-2008, 02:19 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,061,367 times
There were two train accidents in Havloc Ne. Havloc is a suburb of Lincoln on the East side. But both of these happened on 2 January of this year.

Info was coded by railroad so I couldn't find out a lot. For instance it said "Weather a 2. Temperature a 6." so you'd have to have thier accident reporting codes to figure it out.

But again, these were listed for January 2 so I don't think their the ones you want.

You might contact the Sheriff's department in Lincoln and ask them if theres an accident report for the time period you want. Then ask them it would take to obtain a copy. Accident reports are public record but they may have a charge for it. Handling fee.

Old 04-17-2008, 12:47 AM

Thank you for the help/leads on this. Strangely enough, none of these are the accident. More digging, I guess, lol. My friend is doing as well as can be expected, still shaken up but alive, thank goodness!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
View detailed profiles of: