Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2012, 04:27 AM

1 posts, read 1,226 times

Advertisements

Hello, here is how it goes. I had some unpaid traffic violations that I wasn't exactly aware of and for that I had my license suspended. I continued to drive on a suspended unknowingly. I was driving my mom's car to run an errand for her (pick up her check from her boss's house). On my way I didn't come to a complete stop at a stop sign, and was pulled over. I didn't have proof of insurance (though the car WAS/IS insured) and the plates were expired but only by a few days ( extreme oversight on my mom's part) she knew when they expired but forgot to renew them due to a lot of hectic problems going on. The cop went to run my license and came back with the shocking news that it was suspended and I was under arrest.

I was bailed out of holding shortly after. I got my license re-instated and got a duplicate. I also have proof that the car was insured at the time of the traffic stop. Also a now current copy of the registration.

My letter from the police dept. says that my court date is for Driving on suspended, so does that mean everything else was dropped? The officer also told my mother on the phone that I was extremely polite and compliant, but that I could be in trouble if I continue making stupid decisions, or something along those lines.

My first DOS went as follows. Approximately a 1 1/2 - 2 years before the second, I had been suspended for unpaid fines, which I had no idea of again. Was speeding like 5-7 over, got pulled over, cited, parked the car, and walked home. I went to court, got fined (can't remember exact amount).

I have a prior of poss. of marijuana (misdemeanor), and a couple traffic violations (not including the 2 DOS).

So basically I'm asking, what do you think I'm looking at for a penalty? As well as " My letter from the police dept. says that my court date is for Driving on suspended, so does that mean everything else was dropped? "

Please help me with any insight or similar accounts, I'm just extremely worried that I could get jail time or a revoked license, and my mom is in poor health, and I do a good amount of the physical work around here, as well as running all the errands (driving places like the store, pick up, and cash/deposit checks). A huge concern is if I did get jail time that my mom could take a turn for the worse while I was away, and I would feel completely to blame. As well as not be here for her in her time of need. I just feel like a huge idiot for not realizing my problems sooner, and taking care of them. I understand all the worrying in the world isn't going to change the outcome, but I can't help it.
I'm a 20 y/o male. If that helps make any predictions. I pray everything will work out, and I'll just get a fine. But I'm not sure I'll be so lucky.

Thanks for your time, I understand it's long and possibly drawn out, but I felt I needed to include most of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
View detailed profiles of: