Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2010, 12:32 AM

5 posts, read 19,489 times

Advertisements

Hello
Long story short, we are moving back to NP. This economy is just wrecking people and due to it we waisted money on a move we should have never made in the first place.
A few months ago a 26' uhaul was around $800.00, today it costs 1400.00 for the same truck...???? not sure why.

I've checked into ABF, their trailers can goto NP but not the pods. So far ABF looks pretty reasonable (cheaper than uhaul)

Does anyone know of any good companies that have the pods that can go to NP?
Help u move looks like it may also be a good possibility but want to make sure.

Not having a job for the last 2 yrs, we can't afford to have our stuff driving around the 48 states while I wait to go back to work /sarcasm

Anyway, I guess my main question is, does anyone know if any of the comapnies will do the pods to NP or what the cheapest route to go would be?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2010, 01:43 AM

123 posts, read 410,389 times
The simple answer is trim the fat! Sell every large item that you are willing to part with and buy new furniture after you move. Keep the move small and simple and it will cost you way less. I was a single guy with a 4 seater sedan car and I managed to fit most of my belongings into that car after I sold some furniture on craigslist.

Certainly your case is not as simplistic as mine but the principle still stands...sell your large items and travel light!

Old 09-15-2010, 01:58 AM

Yep, we plan on having "another" sale. Honestly, we don't have much stuff as it is but I'm sure I can still try and sell some more. Getting rid of the sectional would help.
Still gonna need some way to move some stuff.

Thanks

Old 09-15-2010, 02:10 AM

What kind of vehicle(s) do you have and how many drivers do you have in your family? If you had more than one driver in your family, you could rent the biggest vehicle you could find at Enterprise like a big SUV or van and try and fit as many things as you can into that.

Old 09-15-2010, 02:53 AM

We have a midsize car...Hmmm never thought of that...Wonder if it would hold a washer and dryer....lol

Old 09-15-2010, 04:13 AM

You'd be surprised what a large van can hold when you take out the seats.

Old 09-15-2010, 02:22 PM

2,707 posts, read 6,253,727 times
Washer and dryer, perfect example.

Do NOT move a washer and dryer! You can look in any want-ads, craig's list, etc. and get a nice, used set for a couple hundred bucks.

Old 09-16-2010, 01:13 PM

36 posts, read 141,663 times
For the POD route I think they get dropped in like omaha or grand island and its up to you from there. Like the others said lighten the load and do it yerself. The U-haul thing just depends on what kind of trucks they are needing up here, when I moved here the 1st time I got a hell of a deal because they needed big trucks. I know that there is another truck company here in town on Rodeo Rd. cant recall but big name.
Where are you comeing from too?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska