Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2007, 05:18 PM

15 posts, read 60,961 times

Advertisements

I am thinking of moving from South Florida to Murfreesboro, can someone tell me a little about the area. Is it an area that has its share of transplants, or is an area that may not welcome outsiders. How are the schools? Is it a family friendly area. How is the area as far as things to do? Any thoughts would be helpful. NC was on our list, but we are starting to seek out areas of TN.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2007, 05:41 PM

120 posts, read 458,640 times
M'Boro is wonderful! It is very kid/family friendly! It is BUSY though, especially when MTSU is in session. The town is in a growth boom at the moment!
The school system is great, both county and city.

There are tons of thing to do: college games, tons of restaurants, shopping (a new center is opening this winter), parks, golf etc etc!!

Old 06-06-2007, 05:59 PM

15 posts, read 60,961 times
Hi Emmy

How far is it to Nashville?

Old 06-06-2007, 06:05 PM

66 posts, read 369,040 times
We just moved here a few months ago from Florida. It has turned out to be one of the best decisions we have ever made. The commute to Nashville is easy, except during rush hour. There are plenty of restaurants and shops here so you don't have to look elsewhere unless you just want to. The schools are great here. The town itself is "booming". It is a great choice.

Good luck with your move.

Old 06-06-2007, 07:51 PM

177 posts, read 613,804 times
During Rush hour...look for about 45min to an 1.5hrs (depending on what part of nashville you're going to.

Any other time you can make it there in about 30min.

Old 01-23-2009, 09:50 PM

3 posts, read 5,723 times
People are very open to outsiders. The town has grown so quickly, so many people are not from here anymore. Good luck!

Old 01-24-2009, 05:47 AM

223 posts, read 582,827 times
We just moved here last October from Illinois. We have always felt welcomed here. Murfreesboro has a lot to offer as others have pointed out. Good luck with your decision. Dave

Old 01-24-2009, 05:30 PM

1,109 posts, read 2,959,037 times
Murfreesboro has been a great choice for us as well. We moved here a little over a year ago from South FL.West Palm Beach to be exact. Where in SoFl are you Troy?
It was a very easy transition for us. We never felt like an outsider here or strange at all. There are people from all over in the boro and there is no shortage of things to do, places to shop and eat. We worried about that originally. We had only really passed through here on our visits. My husband and I both ended up getting jobs here and since we didn't want to commute from somewhere else, we just moved here instead and we are very happy we did. It has worked out beautifully for us.
Good Luck with your move! Seems the boro is very popular these days!

Old 01-24-2009, 06:47 PM

956 posts, read 2,499,901 times
I lived in Murfreesboro for 7 years and recently had to relocate to Huntsville. I loved Murfreesboro and all of the growth they are experiencing...comes with ups and downs. Lots of things to do. The greenway is great, good shopping, plenty of food choices, etc. The schools are wonderful and you can get a great buy in most price ranges right now. I was a Realtor there for 7 years, with the top company. If you'd like a great agent, I can certainly recommend a few! Just DM me if you'd like.
I still miss the 'boro and would move back in a heart beat
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville