Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 04:36 AM

841 posts, read 2,261,066 times

Advertisements

Best Barbershop? I simply want a nice trim with scissors only if possible.

Best Eateries: I obviously want anything that's good. No specific preference in Cuisine. Preferably cheaper.

Best Ice Cream? I like Soberts and Gelatos.

Best Bakery?

Best Chocolate Shop?

And Finally, Is there any grocery stores/shops that sell European Products

Forgot to ask, Where can I get Ritter Sport (German Chocolate besides Target)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2009, 06:41 AM

1,432 posts, read 3,843,883 times
World market and whole foods sell
European grocery products. Whole foods is in green hills one exit down from west end on 440. World market has several Nashville locations you can search on their website. If you're looking for eastern European products there is an eastern European grocery across from 100 oaks in berry hill.

Old 09-12-2009, 06:53 AM

Dang I forgot to add, No Whole Foods or World Market!

BTW: Vive La France vivelafrance

Old 09-12-2009, 07:03 AM

1,432 posts, read 3,843,883 times
Marché artisan foods in east Nashville also maintains a small grocery of European products.

Ouais! Vive la France et allez les bleus!!

Old 09-12-2009, 07:06 AM

153 posts, read 526,202 times
try yelp.com they are perfect for these kinds of inquiries, and have lots of reviews.

now, it depends what you mean by near vanderbilt. if you mean in walking distance, then there will only be one answer to each category (or none).

Best Eateries: I obviously want anything that's good. No specific preference in Cuisine. Preferably cheaper. Virago, Lime, Rottier's, PM, Sunset Grill, Bosco's

Best Ice Cream? I like Soberts and Gelatos. Ben n Jerry's, in children's hospital

Best Bakery? Provence

Best Chocolate Shop? no idea

And Finally, Is there any grocery stores/shops that sell European Products, again Provence

Forgot to ask, Where can I get Ritter Sport (German Chocolate besides Target) probably Harris Teeter

Old 09-12-2009, 07:58 AM

3,963 posts, read 10,632,725 times
Publix sells Ritter Sport too.

I like LIME and Virago too, but wouldn't put them in the "preferably cheaper" category. I second the Provence bakery suggestion. Noshville's a good back-up.

Trader Joe's has more imported chocolate than most supermarkets. They're in Green Hills.

Old 09-12-2009, 09:29 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,729,580 times
If you are willing to drive to Whtie Bridge Road (15 min or so), Sweet and Sassy is a fabulous bakery!

Old 09-12-2009, 09:42 PM

1,287 posts, read 3,336,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KARL_MARX View Post
Best Barbershop? I simply want a nice trim with scissors only if possible.

Best Eateries: I obviously want anything that's good. No specific preference in Cuisine. Preferably cheaper.

Best Ice Cream? I like Soberts and Gelatos.

Best Bakery?

Best Chocolate Shop?

And Finally, Is there any grocery stores/shops that sell European Products

Forgot to ask, Where can I get Ritter Sport (German Chocolate besides Target)

Ritter Sport bars are in a lot of places, actually. I see them in most grocery stores around here. Not the Vollmilch in the bright blue wrapper though...just Alpfenmilch in the llight blue

For some reason though, they just aren't as good here as they are in Germany. LOL

Old 09-13-2009, 08:34 AM

297 posts, read 1,078,806 times
Barbershop - Oxford, in the VUMC
Cheap Eateries - Rotiers, Mediterrean Restaurant, SATCO, Pancake Pantry, Jackson's, Cabana, Rumba, 5 Guys, Cha Cha, PM, Zumi.
Ice Cream - hard to find Sorbets and Gelatos by Vandy, but Maggie Moos is quite good
Bakery - Provence, Dulce, Bread & Co.

Old 09-15-2009, 12:35 AM

Thanks everyone. Can I get some more feedback on haircut places. I actually don't mind going beyond the Vanderbilt Area. I really want a good-looking haircut
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville