Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2009, 08:29 PM

4 posts, read 7,963 times

Advertisements

I am moving to Smyrna in the next few weeks. I am bringing my camper and staying at a campground ahead of bringing the family down. I really want my kids to got to Stewarts Creek middle and Smyrna high.
I do not want to switch schools on them twice so I am looking for an apartment or home to rent in the Stewarts creek school "district" so that when we purchase there is no disruption for the kids academics.
Searching the apartments for rent guides seems futile...any suggestions? any one have a rental???

What else can you share about Smyrna? I did a whirlwind one day tour a few weekends ago. Seems like a nice community and great people. How busy is the Airport and what are the flight paths?

Is the traffic in and out of Nashville as bad as I hear? I will work 7am-3pm for the fisrt few weeks then will be on midnites when traffic doesn't matter anyway.

Any Pediatrician recommendations?

Thanks in Advance!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2009, 06:30 AM

764 posts, read 2,551,486 times
I live in the Stewarts Creek schools zone and will do my best to help you out. What's your price range and requirements bedroom/bath yard space, etc. for the rental? Also, there are no apartment complexes in our school zone so you're looking at a rental home as your only option if you're set on the kids attending SCMS.

Old 09-01-2009, 07:53 PM

Thanks for the help future neighbor! I need a 3 bedroom, the rest doesn't really matter much as it is just a stop over until we make a purchase when we sell our current home here. I am hoping to get something decent for 800 to 1000 month I guess, I don't have anything to base it on--here in Buffalo NY you can get a real nice rental for 1000. We do need a pet friendly rental. A 6 month lease would be terrific. We are flexible with just about everything. The most important is to get my kids established once and not have to switch schools. I guess I can apply for a waiver and have them attend Stewart Creek no matter where we live in Smyrna if we explain it to the school board but I just prefer to get settled in to our new area anyway. Private message me if you find something ... Thanks again!

How do you like the schools? What about the town itself?

Old 09-02-2009, 02:12 PM

I have the number for a couple of rental management companies in the area that might be able to help you out. In the meantime, I'll be on the lookout for For Rent signs. Most rentals in our school zone aren't advertised - they go quickly enough with just a sign in the yard!

I'll DM you the info...

Old 09-02-2009, 06:49 PM

Thanks, I'll be wathching for the DM. Really appreciate the help!

Old 09-03-2009, 03:12 PM

Now that you have some leads on rentals, I can try and answer some of the questions in your OP.

Smyrna is a rapidly growing, middle-class area full of life-long residents who keep it feeling like the small town it used to be just a few short years ago. Every year there are more and more transplants here, most of whom love the area. People here are normally very nice and friendly, but like any town, we have our share of idiots and jerks.

The Smyrna Airport isn't very busy at all since there is no commercial traffic. The National Guard based there takes the cargo planes and blackhawks out every now and then and there is a little bit of private air traffic. It's nothing like living near the Nashville airport.

Traffic into Nashville via I24 is pretty bad during rush hour. But, if your hours are 7-3 you'll miss the worst of it. My husband leaves the house at about 6:30AM and it's usually fine.

Don't have a pediatrician rec for you as ours is in Hermitage.

Good luck on your search!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville