Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 11:04 AM

156 posts, read 451,046 times

Advertisements

Well, now that we have closing next week, time to think about a moving company. Since we're moving towards the end of August into the new home, we will be moving boxes in slowly, so the movers will only have the big furniture stuff to move. We are only moving a small freezer (smaller than a standard fridge/freezer combo), no other appliances.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a mover within Murfreesboro - just going from one side of town to the other. We do have one card info, they charge $94 an hour - I'm figuring we only need a few hours to move the contents of a 2br apartment to a 2br house.

Thanks so much!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2009, 11:44 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,468,665 times
I used Armstrong Relocation based out of Smyrna. Send me a message for the details, but they did a fantastic job. Great guys, great customer service. And they were under budget!

Old 07-24-2009, 11:46 AM

3,528 posts, read 8,624,203 times
I used Cannonsburg Moving for a cross-town move and they were wonderful. Avoid All My Sons, IMO.

Old 07-24-2009, 11:57 AM

6,295 posts, read 23,206,471 times
I used Shipp Moving several times for local moves and they always did a good job.

Old 07-24-2009, 12:00 PM

3,828 posts, read 8,468,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_TN View Post
Avoid All My Sons, IMO.
I've also heard complaints about 2 Men and a Truck. I'm sure everyone has bad days, but when you're moving people's stuff, there's no room for damaging stuff, you know?

Old 07-24-2009, 03:53 PM

627 posts, read 1,845,842 times
I used Bo's Moving company to do an in-town Franklin move. They were reasonable and did a good job.

Old 07-24-2009, 10:50 PM

956 posts, read 2,500,058 times
I used On the Move and they are also moving my mother this week. Middle Tennessee (TN) Moving Company • On The Move Movers, Nashville My past experience with Cannonsburg was the pits. Kincaid moving has always done a great job as well. :P)

Old 07-25-2009, 07:49 AM

282 posts, read 806,642 times
Whoever you select, I'd suggest you review the contract in detail and makesure they are fully liable if they damage something.

I'd also suggest you take pictures of all of your items right before the move, simply to confirm the condition they were in before they touched it.

Lastly, if at all possible, have someone there to surpervise them as they do the move. They are much less likely to "cut corners' when someone is watching them every step of the way. And of course, be nice to them upfront - offer them a drink, have some fans setup for them so they don't sweat to death, and if they come in under their quote, give them a tip to say thanks.

I always believe that you should expect a lot when you hire someone, but that you should equally treat them as you would want to be treated.

Old 07-25-2009, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth_G View Post
I used On the Move and they are also moving my mother this week. Middle Tennessee (TN) Moving Company • On The Move Movers, Nashville My past experience with Cannonsburg was the pits. Kincaid moving has always done a great job as well. :P)
Strange about Cannonsburg. My wife and I used them twice and my mother used them once. All perfect jobs.

Old 07-25-2009, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCorleone View Post
I've also heard complaints about 2 Men and a Truck. I'm sure everyone has bad days, but when you're moving people's stuff, there's no room for damaging stuff, you know?

I have heard great things and horror stories about 2 Men and a Truck. It's very weird how some people love them and some loathe them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville