Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 09:06 AM

24 posts, read 83,780 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are looking to move to the Nashville area. We found a property in Dickson County that we really like. Seeing as we're from central KY, we don't really know that area... Can anyone shed some light on Dickson County? What are the people like? Crime rates? Etc...

Any and all advice will be much appreciated!!

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2009, 01:55 PM

317 posts, read 1,230,731 times
I've heard of several people that like it there. If you like being away from it all in the country and in a more rural setting, then it might be a good fit for you. Real estate is affordable there. The area is pretty. It is a bit of a drive to Nashville and major conveniences, but that might be okay to you.

Old 07-02-2009, 09:00 PM

19 posts, read 60,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scky View Post
My husband and I are looking to move to the Nashville area. We found a property in Dickson County that we really like. Seeing as we're from central KY, we don't really know that area... Can anyone shed some light on Dickson County? What are the people like? Crime rates? Etc...

Thanks!
Dickson county is a nice area, affordable Real Estate and depending where you are in the county, convenient to I-40. The city of Dickson has really grown in the past 10 - 15 years, so you have decent amenities.

Old 07-03-2009, 07:48 AM

13 posts, read 39,844 times
I actually live in Dickson. I moved here a few years ago when I married my wife who is from the area. It's about 35-40 minute drive to Nashville. I actually work in Nashville as do many others who live in the county. It's not as bad of a drive coming from the west as compared to those who drive from the south or from the Rutherford County area. As the previous poster stated, Dickson County has grown a lot in the last decade. It's still rural enough but is starting to get many things where people don't have to drive to Clarksville/Nashville. The majority of the population is centered in the southern part of the county along the I-40 corridor. The northern half of the county is more rural/farmland. I read somewhere that it is supposedly the next 'boom' area around Nashville. I wouldn't go that far, but do think many more will move to the area once 840 is completed along the south side of Nashville. As for crime, there's really not much. It's like any other small town. The people you will find friendly and welcoming. Where is the land located that you are looking at purchasing? Please let me know if you have any other questions about the Dickson County area.

Old 07-03-2009, 09:16 PM

24 posts, read 83,780 times
Thanks so much for the information! My hubby and I really appreciate rural country life so it sounds like a great fit for us! We want to be within 30 minutes of Nashville to enjoy its' conveniences yet far enough out to enjoy some peacefulness. The property that we are looking at has an address of White Bluff but it only about 10 miles off I-40.

Old 07-04-2009, 03:20 AM

3 posts, read 15,995 times
SCKY, White Bluff is certainly a rural setting, and it's even closer than Dickson in relationship to Nashville. I lived in Dickson itself,for 23 years, and can't say enough good things about it. It's a great city and county, well managed and governed, with excellent schools. White Bluff, you will find, is mostly a "wide spot" in the road, lots of farmland and such, but few amenities. In my opinion, it's better located to Nashville, via Hwy 70, than Dickson.

Land and housing is still very affordable in Dickson County, as well as Cheatham (especially the northern area near Pleasant View).

Old 07-04-2009, 11:42 PM

1,316 posts, read 3,903,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scky View Post

Thanks!
any tornado activity? what local roads can be used to get to nashville? also what that cultural center like? and is there a kroger's intown?

Old 04-12-2010, 11:15 AM

2 posts, read 8,750 times
Dickson County is very clean on some parts and its a great place to live for kids. You get to live free and meet new people. Once you meet people then you will have friends for life.

Old 04-12-2010, 11:18 AM

2 posts, read 8,750 times
I think Charlotte is a better place to live and it is nice i live there my self and i love it. I have tryed living in White Bluff but i get home sick and i moved back to charlotte its really whatever you feel that you want for your family

Old 11-11-2010, 01:55 AM

4,919 posts, read 4,832,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaberielle View Post
I think Charlotte is a better place to live and it is nice i live there my self and i love it. I have tryed living in White Bluff but i get home sick and i moved back to charlotte its really whatever you feel that you want for your family
Hey gaberielle!

You live anywhere near Old County House Rd in Charlotte?
My uncle has a house there.

Al Mincey .. You might know him?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville