Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2010, 06:52 PM

6 posts, read 12,047 times

Advertisements

Steal,

I didn't know where my interview was going to be until around 4 or 5 days before the interview. Seriously. If you're flying, I would say go ahead and try to get the best deal you can on your plane ticket (if you don't have it already) and hotel in a package through Priceline. If not, just go to Priceline and do the Name Your Own Price for Hotels. It seems that all of the interviews for NTF are at a Metro school. If you look at the locations of various Metro schools and then go to the Hotels map, you can pick an area that is in the middle for the best distance. Or, just wait a bit and get the exact location and pick the area based on that. I have gotten hotels cheaply in Nashville through Priceline the past 3 times I've been there (Nashville was like a second home to my family...which is a bit odd because we're from Michigan and have no immediate family there).

Feel free to ask if you have more questions! I'll be glad to help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2010, 05:08 AM

17 posts, read 40,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealYourCarbon View Post
That sounds like a deal, renaissance. I'm a little annoyed because my interview is in 10 days and I still don't know where it will be, so I am hesitant to book a place. I don't want to book TOO last minute, you know?

I agree with Renaissance--I didn't know what school my interview would be at until 3 or so days before the actual date. I did Priceline as well because I had to buy a flight, rent a car and get a hotel! They have amazing deals--especially when you do a package like that. My hotel, the Alexis Inn or something was ehh, not that great though. I wouldn't worry too much about where you pick a hotel----driving around NVL felt pretty small, even from one side to the other. My hotel turned out to be a 15 minute drive from the school I was at and less than 10 minutes from the airport.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Old 03-17-2010, 05:18 AM

17 posts, read 40,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renaissancekitten View Post
No updates for me yet ......How did you all find out about your positions? Email? Snail mail? Phone? I've heard some people get phone calls so I'm afraid to turn the phone off. Le sigh! I'd just like to know one way or the other.
Hey, I was just wondering if at the interview you guys got any kind of vibe from the NVL admins as to how many spots are left to fill. I know there are still 2 interview dates. Did they say anything like....we've almost reached our quota or we still have 50 positions we're interviewing for---anything like that? I ask because I have an old friend who has yet to interview and he's curious about odds.

I think you find out soon, yah? I'll send good vibes all day

Old 03-17-2010, 09:53 AM

8 posts, read 18,396 times
I have no idea about how many positions remain, but I did notice that the application deadline was extended once again (to March 22). I suppose they wouldn't keep pushing that back if they were full?

Has anyone from March 6th heard anything? Boooo

Old 03-17-2010, 01:08 PM

43 posts, read 153,525 times
Yatheygowild,

I am curious about the positions left as well. I was told that they opened up an interview time in April for Math/Science folks, but I'm not sure if that was solely for math/science. I am wondering if they have a predetermined number of teachers they want in the various subjects or if it's sort of a rolling admission to all subjects and whenever they receive ~100 secure positions then they will stop? I hope that is not the case! Also, I'm thinking what you told me which is those given acceptances still need to pass the Praxis. I'll take mine on April 24th. I'm nervous ... but keeping my cool .

Old 03-17-2010, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViciousKicks View Post
I have no idea about how many positions remain, but I did notice that the application deadline was extended once again (to March 22). I suppose they wouldn't keep pushing that back if they were full?

This is a good sign for the rest of us still waiting....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViciousKicks View Post
Has anyone from March 6th heard anything? Boooo
Anyone heard anything?

Old 03-17-2010, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renaissancekitten View Post
Steal,

I didn't know where my interview was going to be until around 4 or 5 days before the interview. Seriously. If you're flying, I would say go ahead and try to get the best deal you can on your plane ticket (if you don't have it already) and hotel in a package through Priceline. If not, just go to Priceline and do the Name Your Own Price for Hotels. It seems that all of the interviews for NTF are at a Metro school. If you look at the locations of various Metro schools and then go to the Hotels map, you can pick an area that is in the middle for the best distance. Or, just wait a bit and get the exact location and pick the area based on that. I have gotten hotels cheaply in Nashville through Priceline the past 3 times I've been there (Nashville was like a second home to my family...which is a bit odd because we're from Michigan and have no immediate family there).

Feel free to ask if you have more questions! I'll be glad to help!
Thanks Renaissance! I'm so excited, I'm going to find a hotel online today. I'll probably end up using priceline with the name your price. I hope you hear good news from the program soon!

Old 03-17-2010, 01:46 PM

10 posts, read 22,138 times
Quote:
This is a good sign for the rest of us still waiting....

Anyone heard anything?
ugh not yet...

Old 03-17-2010, 01:56 PM

10 posts, read 22,138 times
Quote:
Yatheygowild,

I am curious about the positions left as well. I was told that they opened up an interview time in April for Math/Science folks, but I'm not sure if that was solely for math/science. I am wondering if they have a predetermined number of teachers they want in the various subjects or if it's sort of a rolling admission to all subjects and whenever they receive ~100 secure positions then they will stop? I hope that is not the case! Also, I'm thinking what you told me which is those given acceptances still need to pass the Praxis. I'll take mine on April 24th. I'm nervous ... but keeping my cool .
They have a predetermined amount of slots for each subject area. Once they have have filled the spots they stop interviewing for them. In other words, if they expect to hire 6 teachers for English as a second language, and you are interviewing for English as a second language, and they have filled the 6 predetermined slots for that subject before your interview date; they will most likely cancel your interview. Sorry about that run-on sentence. Now if your secondary preference is in an area they still need fellows for, they may invite you to interview for that subject instead. And to answer your other question, you may be invited into the program before passing the praxis, but you WILL still need to pass the praxis in order to teach in the fall. I hope that helps.

Old 03-17-2010, 03:23 PM

6 posts, read 13,691 times
hey guys,
I was on a study session call last night with someone from the program I think she mentioned that they have about 70 enrolled so far with their high end being 100? Hope that helps!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville