Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 08:17 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,750,010 times

Advertisements

I live here, and have never heard it.

It's a beautiful part of town, the older homes are gorgeous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2007, 05:59 PM

279 posts, read 473,250 times
if you go to the nashville police website, they have an interactive crime map for the entire county which allows you to view the types and locations of crimes. I noticed it is usually the same areas that are "lit up" with dots (crimes)
It is very helpful, but sometimes takes a minute to refresh the page so be patient.

Old 04-13-2007, 06:54 PM

356 posts, read 1,129,896 times
New Yorker,

I live in town and have an elementary school aged child in the city of Nashville. If you have a little one I am assuming you have school concerns. East Nashville has pockets of good and bad but over all the schools in that part of town are not desirable. There are magnet schools, but then you don't get to live in the same neighborhood as your classmates. I would suggest being anywhere in the Hillsboro School District. Julia Green Elementary School and Eakin are both wonderful elementary schools - both will be offering Mandarin through a federal program next year. My family is not wealthy but we have managed to live on the edge Green Hills, which is one of the nicest areas IN town.
Stay away from North Nashville.
Bellvue ( I 40W)is a very popular area as is Smyrna - I 24E (not a place I care for but many do).
I am not originally from Nashville, but went to school in the Boro (that is what locals call Murfreesboro) back in the 80's and came back to Nashville in the late '90's after living out west. Nashville has a stable economy compared with most parts of the country, you can still find a decent paying job, and the people are friendly.
The person who said Brentwood is like "Mayberry" is funny. It is one of the 10wealthiest cities in the United States. Williamson County probably has the best schools over all, but is more conservative than Davidson County if that matters to you.
Good luck on your move and welcome to Nashville!
I am not a RE agent by the way

Old 04-18-2007, 05:47 PM

4 posts, read 87,075 times
Talking I have to interject...

I keep hearing bad things come from the projects in South Nashville. But hey, projects usually anywhere flare up with they're gangs and clicks. I live in Madison and I have never had one problem out of this neighborhood.

Old 04-19-2007, 05:59 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,750,010 times
I'm familiar with the crime maps. You will find most crime along the main corridors thru each part of town.

Old 04-19-2007, 06:05 PM

7 posts, read 36,014 times
I would say the worst areas have good areas within them. Antioch is scary in some parts, but beautiful and safe in others. Donelson is gorgeous, but if you go into the Bonna's it gets a little less attractive.

I would be wary of anything too good to be true in Bordeaux, Antioch, Hermitage, Rivergate, Madison, Charlotte Park, "historic" anything, and others. Like I said before, I love parts of all of those areas, but if it sounds too good to be true... it probably is.

West Meade is probably my favorite area because of the quiet neighborhoods with HUGE yards. I grew up in Green Hills & Belle Meade, but it's so expensive now I couldn't afford to live there unless I hit the lotto.

Bellevue is becoming very popular, like someone else mentioned. You can get a good deal there and it's a fairly young community.

I'm rambling now. I would be happy to answer any other questions, too.

Old 04-19-2007, 08:06 PM

923 posts, read 3,515,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellkids View Post
Hi The New Yorker!

I am a real estate agent, and the previous poster is correct that I cannot tell you which areas are "bad." However, I can point you to informational sites where you can come to your own conclusions.

I am currently working with another great couple who is moving here from New Salem NY - which I believe they said was about an hour from Manhattan. I work the entire Middle TN area and we have actually gone out together and viewed numerous communities around Nashville. They have considered Wilson County which is Mt. Juliet and Lebanon, Sumner county which is Hendersonville, Williamson County, going from Brentwood, Franklin, Leipers Fork and even Thompson Station, and Rutherford County ending in Murfreesboro. After considering all the amenities, pros and cons, and location of each area, they have decided to relocate to Murfreesboro. They liked the hometown feeling, central location, and housing value that they got in Murfreesboro. There is also ample dining and shopping here as well.

Each community is completely different and you really need to visit to understand. It is hard to explain "hometown" or "neighborhood feeling" in writing. There are actually many great places to live in middle TN, all of which is considered to be the metro Nashville area. A lot is going to depend on your price point as well. Williamson County housing is going to require a much higher price point than Rutherford or Wilson.

Feel free to contact me via email or private message. I'll be happy to help as much as I can!

Good luck with your relocation!
Seems to me that it should be a Crime to NOT warn clients about BAD areas...

Something is Definitely Fundamentally Wrong about our system...

Old 04-19-2007, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbiggs74 View Post
I keep hearing bad things come from the projects in South Nashville. But hey, projects usually anywhere flare up with they're gangs and clicks. I live in Madison and I have never had one problem out of this neighborhood.
I'm from NOLA, so when I hear PROJECTS, I would just as soon be "Beaten with Bats, containing Nails and Shot Point-Blank as a Mercy Killing...

Old 04-19-2007, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by employment_guide View Post
I would say the worst areas have good areas within them. Antioch is scary in some parts, but beautiful and safe in others. Donelson is gorgeous, but if you go into the Bonna's it gets a little less attractive.

I would be wary of anything too good to be true in Bordeaux, Antioch, Hermitage, Rivergate, Madison, Charlotte Park, "historic" anything, and others. Like I said before, I love parts of all of those areas, but if it sounds too good to be true... it probably is.

West Meade is probably my favorite area because of the quiet neighborhoods with HUGE yards. I grew up in Green Hills & Belle Meade, but it's so expensive now I couldn't afford to live there unless I hit the lotto.

Bellevue is becoming very popular, like someone else mentioned. You can get a good deal there and it's a fairly young community.

Good Post!

Old 04-20-2007, 08:13 AM

7 posts, read 43,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by employment_guide View Post

Whats a Bonna?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville