Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 11:06 AM

4 posts, read 55,033 times

Advertisements

Hello 46Barb,

I relocated to Thompsons Station just on the outskirts of Spring Hill (literally across the street) back in July 2006 from Las Vegas, NV... Since then my entire family (sister and her family- January 2007) (mom, dad, aunt, grandma- March 2007) (little sister and her family- August 2007) have relocated to Spring Hill, TN.

I was able to purchase a FABULOUS 2800 sq ft all brick house on an acre lot in a GREAT subdivision (Mathis Valley- Maury County) for $209,000. My Sister purchased a home a little closer to "Main Street" (HWY 31) that's 3100 square feet (Hardings Landing- Maury County) on just about a half an acre for $220,000 and my fiance and I (he purchased our home in July 2005) in Thompsons Station- 3700 sq feet on about 1/3 of an acre (Newport Crossing- Williamson County) for $212,000 (it's now worth about $340,000).

Being from a big city I wasn't sure how much I'd like it here... but I have to say I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! We have all the conveniences of Nashville/Franklin/Brentwood... in our own town and let me just tell you, the commute is NOT that bad (especially if you're moving from any major metropolitan area) "TRAFFIC" would be laughable to you.

Hwy 31 (which takes you to 840 to I-65) can be a bit hairy in the morning... but it's manageable... and depending on where you plan to live you could also hop on Saturn Parkway to I-65 or take 431... there are a LOT of back ways that are not the least bit congested.

My Fiance is a Surgical Pharmacist at Centennial Medical Center on West End in downtown Nashville... and it takes him about 45 minutes to get to work.... but you have to remember we are 30 miles from Nashville.... so 30 miles in 45 minutes for a commute to work- isn't really THAT bad, comparatively).

The Williamson County Schools are some of the BEST in the state.... and the Spring Hill Maury County Elementary School is also a good school (so I'm told by my sister). There are several early enrollment/child care places as well that are great!

There are so many stores and more coming in the next couple of months and I am sure beyond that....

Several grocery stores, fast food, sit down dining, Starbucks (opening soon), auto places, day spas, a yummy bakery, flower shops, gas stations, doctors offices, Lowes, Home Depot, Pool/Spa Places, cleaners, CVS, Walgreens, Wine/Liquor Shops, Pizza Places, Ice Cream Parlors, Dance and Karate Studios, Vet's, Tanning Salons, Sushi, blockbuster, bars, gyms, Super Target (coming in 2008), Kohls (2008), more banks than you could ever need).... and it's BEAUTIFUL! It's a lovely place to call home!

I highly recommend Spring Hill!

If you have any other questions or would like some photos of the city... send me an email: tara@taraharrington.com

Happy Holidays,

Tara
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2009, 01:12 AM

2 posts, read 10,488 times
Default My daughter lives in spring hill, tn

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46barb View Post
we've been looking into several towns in tn to move to. We don't want a small town and i love to go shopping so don't want to be far from stores. I been to the nashville area and see that brentwood is expensive. We're looking for a home with at least a 1/2 acre to fence in for our dogs and don't want to spend more than $250,000. I was looking into spring hill but hear so many reports of bad traffic getting up to the franklin area. I also saw a town called thompsons station this morning that seems nice.

My friend lives near knoxville and i thought about maryville but it's close to the airport (noise). She suggested sevierville, but wondering if it's too busy with tourists and found the crime rate to be high on the websites.

Any input would be appreciated.
in the past two years we have visited my daughter and her family in spring hill. It is a little higher end. And yes. Depending on the time of day the few roads they do have are busy. The commuting hours. The highway from springhill to franklin is quite busy. Number one reason its a small highway, the speed limits are low. And during the hours that children are going to and from school it reduces and stops the traffice, big time. For building spring hill up the way they did was poor planning concerning traffic and those small highways. Few interstate on and off ramps,etc. But, between rush hour, hours....there isnt much traffic. Its just slow moving. I think franklin is 10 miles from spring hill. It takes way too long to get there via the small highways...rte 31 i think. A half hour to go 10 miles. Some of the roads are very dangerous. Ditches on both sides of two lane highways. In bad weather, like ice or fog...you better be paying attention. As you should anyways. Hopefully they will improve their awful roads. But, the area itself is nice. If you like track houses piled on top of each other as far as the eye can see. But, the country side there is beautiful. I dont think yet...i go often every two months...i've seen any serious low income...ghetto type areas. Its sad..they didnt plan better for the traffic they knew they would have. Trying to get back on the highway after shopping is not a fun time. But, i guess thats small town living...or...smalll town big population living.

Old 02-16-2009, 01:21 AM

2 posts, read 10,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraTrains View Post
Hello [URL="https://www.city-data.com/forum/members/46barb-13681.html"]46Barb[/URL],

I relocated to Thompsons Station just on the outskirts of Spring Hill (literally across the street) back in July 2006 from Las Vegas, NV... Since then my entire family (sister and her family- January 2007) (mom, dad, aunt, grandma- March 2007) (little sister and her family- August 2007) have relocated to Spring Hill, TN.

I was able to purchase a FABULOUS 2800 sq ft all brick house on an acre lot in a GREAT subdivision (Mathis Valley- Maury County) for $209,000. My Sister purchased a home a little closer to "Main Street" (HWY 31) that's 3100 square feet (Hardings Landing- Maury County) on just about a half an acre for $220,000 and my fiance and I (he purchased our home in July 2005) in Thompsons Station- 3700 sq feet on about 1/3 of an acre (Newport Crossing- Williamson County) for $212,000 (it's now worth about $340,000).

Being from a big city I wasn't sure how much I'd like it here... but I have to say I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! We have all the conveniences of Nashville/Franklin/Brentwood... in our own town and let me just tell you, the commute is NOT that bad (especially if you're moving from any major metropolitan area) "TRAFFIC" would be laughable to you.

Hwy 31 (which takes you to 840 to I-65) can be a bit hairy in the morning... but it's manageable... and depending on where you plan to live you could also hop on Saturn Parkway to I-65 or take 431... there are a LOT of back ways that are not the least bit congested.

My Fiance is a Surgical Pharmacist at Centennial Medical Center on West End in downtown Nashville... and it takes him about 45 minutes to get to work.... but you have to remember we are 30 miles from Nashville.... so 30 miles in 45 minutes for a commute to work- isn't really THAT bad, comparatively).

The Williamson County Schools are some of the BEST in the state.... and the Spring Hill Maury County Elementary School is also a good school (so I'm told by my sister). There are several early enrollment/child care places as well that are great!

There are so many stores and more coming in the next couple of months and I am sure beyond that....

Several grocery stores, fast food, sit down dining, Starbucks (opening soon), auto places, day spas, a yummy bakery, flower shops, gas stations, doctors offices, Lowes, Home Depot, Pool/Spa Places, cleaners, CVS, Walgreens, Wine/Liquor Shops, Pizza Places, Ice Cream Parlors, Dance and Karate Studios, Vet's, Tanning Salons, Sushi, blockbuster, bars, gyms, Super Target (coming in 2008), Kohls (2008), more banks than you could ever need).... and it's BEAUTIFUL! It's a lovely place to call home!

I highly recommend Spring Hill!

If you have any other questions or would like some photos of the city... send me an email: [EMAIL="tara@taraharrington.com"]tara@taraharrington.com[/EMAIL]

Happy Holidays,

Tara
45 MINUTES TO GO 30 MILES ISNT BAD, ITS RIDICULOUS. ESPECIALLY CONSIDERING THE INTERSTATES IN TENNESSEE, COMPARED TO CALIFORNIA. AND ITS NOT THE INTERSTATE DRIVING...ITS ONCE YOU GET OFF THE INTERSTATE. IT MAY TAKE 45 MINUTES TO GET TO THE EXIT YOU NEED BUT, FOREVER FROM THE EXIT TO WHERE YOU'RE GOING UNLESS ITS THE FIRST BUILDING OFF THE FREEWAY. I'VE BEEN TO MURFREESBORO, SPRING HILL, FRANKLIN, AND NASHVILLE. ITS ALL THE SAME. THE ROAD TO THE FREEWAY IS SO CONGESTED IT TAKES ANOTHER HALF HOUR TO GO A MILE OR SO. I LOVE TENNESSEE, ITS BEAUTIFUL BUT, I CAN GET FROM WHERE I LIVE TO LOS ANGELES COUNTY LINE (55 MILES) AS QUICK OR QUICKER...THAN FROM...SPRING HILL TO WHERE I NEED TO GO IN FRANKLIN OR NASHVILLE. FRANKLIN BEING 10 MILES FROM SPRING HILL...AND 30 FROM SPRING HILL TO NASHVILLE. LIKE I SAID...ITS NOT THE TIME ON THE INTERSTATE...IT ONCE YOU GET OFF...AND THE CONGESTED ROADS. TOO MANY TWO LANE ONES. VERY FRUSTRATING.

Old 08-19-2009, 06:50 AM

1 posts, read 4,823 times
Forget about the traffic in Spring Hill - it is BEAUTIFUL here... friendly with the small town feel and the conveinance of the big towns. We moved here from Temecula Californa and we used to commute to San Diego. Many times we would get stuck on the I-15 Parking Lot and it would take hours to get home! Traffic here is NOTHING compared to California. Schools - Willimason County Schools are wonderful... Maury County School are terrible! When we moved everyone told us they were the same so we bought on Maury county side where the homes were lower priced. I wished I had talked to more people and moved to the Williamson County side.

Old 08-19-2009, 12:31 PM

1,208 posts, read 1,834,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stubinj View Post
Forget about the traffic in Spring Hill - it is BEAUTIFUL here... friendly with the small town feel and the conveinance of the big towns. We moved here from Temecula Californa and we used to commute to San Diego. Many times we would get stuck on the I-15 Parking Lot and it would take hours to get home! Traffic here is NOTHING compared to California. Schools - Willimason County Schools are wonderful... Maury County School are terrible! When we moved everyone told us they were the same so we bought on Maury county side where the homes were lower priced. I wished I had talked to more people and moved to the Williamson County side.
I agree that the Williamson County side is the place to be if you live in Spring Hill! The schools are great and the people are friendly! It's a bit more expensive, but worth the extra money.

Maury County is less progressive and the schools aren't anything to write home about. They also seem to me like they're still fighting the Civil War in Maury County and aren't as friendly to newcomers as Williamson County is.

Old 02-23-2012, 06:50 AM

1 posts, read 3,111 times
Spring Hill is a small enough town that I know who stubinj is. Spring Hill is beautiful and a wonderful place to live. The traffic doesn't bother me, I've had to deal with much worse on a daily basis. It woud upset if HWY 31 was widened because I like this town just the way it is.

Old 02-23-2012, 09:39 AM

159 posts, read 333,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparksharp View Post

They also seem to me like they're still fighting the Civil War in Maury County and aren't as friendly to newcomers as Williamson County is.
I would have to disagree with Maury Co. not being friendly. We moved here over 2 years ago and have been welcomed. People have gone out of their way to be helpful, friendly and made us feel part of the community. We have gotten involved in the community and church and feel very much at home here in Columbia, but we are retired and have the time to get involved.

Old 02-09-2017, 10:50 PM

2 posts, read 2,056 times
Hello,

My husband and I and our two girls are going to be moving to Spring Hill in June 2017, any info you can give would be great. He will be working in Franklin. Thank you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville