Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 01:38 PM

957 posts, read 3,704,723 times

Advertisements

I was thinking the same thing. We walk the dogs through Nashboro all the time and cut through on bikes to get to Kroger. I'm sure there are isolated incidents, but you'll find that anywhere. We're not in Nashboro but not far away. We love the area. Neighbors are the most friendly we've ever had.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2008, 03:46 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,643,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeBee123 View Post
Funny how everyone who DOESNT live somewhere seems to be the expert and people who ACTUALLY LIVE THERE are wrong? I think we, the people who live in the places your opinions degrade, are considered more qualified to speak on the matter in a manner of more accuracy. Not in a sheep's mentality who follows the status quo.

I actually live there. There is nothing going on over here nearly as exciting as you claim. And you and pimpy agreeing with each other is not going to change the truth.... I am sure where you live is JUST FINE too and others may disagree as their opinion of your neighborhood is less than desireable. That is all we can agree on in this matter. Its perception vs. reality.

Again, this has NOTHING to do with the OP and school system, and we digress. You are not going to find me raving about Davidson County schools in any forum, and I did go to Hillsboro High, so I can attest to that they are nothing spactacular UNLESS you focus on the honors classes. They expect more and challenge you and learn - the teachers are passionate and you actually cannot skate through them and remain in them. It is the only real way to get an education worth anything in Nashville Public Schools in my opinion. The minimum requirement classes are bare minimum and kids who dont want to learn skate through - fault is to be blamed in many areas.

Antioch School is same way.... you get what you put into it. If you are a student who wants to learn and challenge themselves, and takes honor or advanced classes, then you will glean all it has to offer and buck the status quo. Its not the norm, and thats not what Antioch High is known for - its known for the fodder it allows to sift through since its a law kids HAVE to attend school.
Excuse me..... I have first-hand knowledge because I used to live there. You didn't think of that before scolding us, did you? I don't claim to know a thing about Antioch schools though because when I lived there I was not yet a parent of a school-age child.

Old 08-12-2008, 03:56 PM

2,336 posts, read 7,040,164 times
Moderator cut: cut

"Improving" and "Nashboro Village" don't belong in the same sentence. That entire stretch of Murfreesboro Road has been in free fall mode for YEARS. It was bad in 2005 when I lived in that vicinity, and according to people I know who weren't fortunate enough to get out like me, it is worse now.

The last time I was in that Kroger, I think I was one of three or four people who actually spoke English.

If you must live in Antioch, live way out Hobson Pike toward Mt. Juliet or deep into Cane Ridge. Stay away from the Hickory Hollow area and Murfreesboro Road.

Last edited by Beretta; 08-12-2008 at 04:52 PM.. Reason: quoted post was deleted

Old 07-01-2009, 04:02 PM

71 posts, read 202,832 times
I agree about HHollow mall, but I disagree with the Nashboro Village area of Mboro road.... That is not on any free fall until you get close to bell rd... then it free falls. Anything between the mcdonalds/kmart area up to donelson pike is a really nice area to shop and growing... Ruby Tuesdays, Starbucks, brick and mortar, mt zion church, etc... its a good community right in there..

Maybe at night the phreaks come out in the apts at nashboro village, but there are a lot of nice condo's and its continually growing. I dont see any current trends but an upward one and I feel safe in that area.

Old 07-01-2009, 06:47 PM

144 posts, read 466,367 times
If you're thinking about Antioch, I would go for something zoned for Cane Ridge HS. I have a duplex in 37217, and it is a GREAT area. I park my car there all the time when I'm flying for an extended period of time (I'm sure my tenants love that). However, if you have children to consider I'd go for Cane Ridge HS. Sure, they don't have a track record yet, but new schools always attract TONS of teacher applicants - experienced teachers tired of their run down schools and new teacher who are probably some of the best since they aren't burnt out yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville