Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 09:56 AM

9 posts, read 18,847 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me a little about murfreesboro, if you think it is a nice place to live,etc It seems like you can buy a beautiful house for a great deal there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2008, 10:39 AM

13,394 posts, read 40,309,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike70 View Post
Can anyone tell me a little about murfreesboro, if you think it is a nice place to live,etc It seems like you can buy a beautiful house for a great deal there.
I think it depends on what you like.

Murfreesboro is a booming town, its population has gone from 44,000 in 1990 to nearly 100,000 today. It's home to Tennessee's 2nd largest university and is located about 20 minutes outside of Nashville.

It's got pretty much all the creature comforts you'd expect in a big city (shopping, dining, movies) but without the urban blight, crime, and high taxes of a big city. On the other hand, Murfreesboro's schools and roads are having a hard time keeping up with the growth.

Over all, people seem to like it.

Old 05-09-2008, 11:18 AM

1,715 posts, read 7,005,437 times
JMT summed M'Boro up well!

Old 05-09-2008, 01:21 PM

625 posts, read 4,587,287 times
Married with kids? Yes, Move there
Single? Then I would say No, Nashville would be better.

Old 05-09-2008, 01:40 PM

113 posts, read 344,755 times
My fiance can I just recently moved here and JMT basically summed it up well. We were not aware of the busyness until we started driving around down here. It is a nice place if you don't mind busy. As far as getting more for your money, we rent an apartment and an apartment the size of ours back up in MA would probably go for 1500 and we pay around half that here.

Old 05-09-2008, 02:11 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,671,159 times
As many of you may have heard me say before, I live in Murfreesboro since 2000 and love it. I wouldn't want to live anwhere else. I previously lived in both Nashville and Antioch before moving to Murfreesboro. Yes, we do have traffic but, it is a very friendly, clean and convenient place to live. Housing prices sure have risen though. Our first brand new house in 2000 cost $77,000. Unbelievable. That same house would go for at least double now. Schoolwise, we are extremely pleased.

Old 05-09-2008, 03:13 PM

1,109 posts, read 2,973,799 times
I have to echo Steve_TN. I have lived in Murfreesboro for 8 months now and love it. Murfreesboro actually chose us, both my husband and I are employed here, so we bought a home here as well. Housing is very reasonable and you get a lot of house for the money. I don't find it it all that busy, but coming from West Palm Beach FL. we are used to REALLY busy. The traffic flows nicely here and most drivers are very patient. I almost never here horns honking. The area is very clean and the neighborhoods are mostly family oriented so I think it's a great place to raise kids. Being able to live, work and play in one city is awesome! We are very happy here!

Old 05-10-2008, 07:54 AM

156 posts, read 453,403 times
I absolutely love Murfreesboro so far! I've only lived there about a month now, but so far so good. I have not been able to get lost yet (I've tried) and end up hitting a main road before worries kick in I was born and raised in NY, so the traffic doesn't seem like an issue to me. I'm presently in NY for the weekend and wow, there is so much more traffic in NY!!

The town is really being built up, it seems each week my boyfriend and I get new home offers in the mail. The home prices are very reasonable - I never thought I'd be able to have a mortgage under $1000 a month - 100% financing with taxes/insurance included!!

MTSU is the largest employer in Murfreesboro, but there's lot of other opportunities in the area as well.

Old 05-20-2008, 03:18 PM

223 posts, read 587,215 times
Default Liked it as well!

We just got back from looking at real estate in Murfreesboro. Both my wife and I liked it a lot. We have plans now to buy a home and retire there.

Old 05-20-2008, 04:52 PM

113 posts, read 344,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveM123 View Post
We just got back from looking at real estate in Murfreesboro. Both my wife and I liked it a lot. We have plans now to buy a home and retire there.
Thats really good to hear. Congrats. I am glad you both like it here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville