Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2019, 10:07 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,755,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
I'm interviewing for a job near the Frist Museum on Broadway.

I see train tracks nearby. Not to sound ignorant, though I am, is the train a popular way to commute? Well used?

I've been looking through these relocation threads. I'm interested in more of a rural feel.

I have a friend who is telling me southeast - coincidentally towards her home!

What would be great is to take the train in but from where?

Prefer the low $200s range if I buy. I'll be retiring in a few years and considering TN. It would be awesome to find my forever home.

You're going to be hard pressed to find anything in the low 200s range. Maybe Lebanon, but I
wouldn't recommend it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2019, 07:22 AM

2,428 posts, read 2,490,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
Atlanta has a great mass transit system!

Even Oahu is jumping on board.
It's called progress. It would ease up pressure on the freeway commutes, too. (Not that Atlanta traffic isn't some of the worst)
It's not like Nashville doesn't already have some type of rail and or mass transit service, the city already has a commuter rail line even though it's only one line from the eastern suburbs to downtown but at least it has one. Heck it can build off of that.. Most people seem to think the city doesn't have rail or mass transit at all... Once you have something in place already it's easy to build on like any other city...FYI we don't have Great mass transit,,, doable but not great, it is better than Nashville though but Atlanta has had it's issues a little longer than Nashville

Old 11-19-2019, 07:54 PM

3,081 posts, read 3,356,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by creeksitter View Post
Why all the emoticons, is that a joke? If you want to commute by train then look for a place near a train station. That's not so hard, is it? It looks like the Frist is less than a mile from the station so consider that as exercise.

What an attitude! Is this for real? You plan to move right in and call your neighbors insane.

P.S to Nashvillians: Google maps shows outbound train station at the gulch. Inbound station at the riverfront, outbound stations to the west. I'm kinda curious how that came about.
Union Station built 1900, so is over 100 years old. Last used by L&N in 1971 at the eve of Amtrak. Last used a few months ago to pose NC&STL engine #576 at the station it once served in 1940's. Has been converted into a hotel. You can stay there & watch busy freight trains go by.

Don't know why Google would show train station for passengers in the Gulch. Has not been used since Amtrak Floridian left the station in 1979. Only Amtrak train in the state is City of New Orleans running thru Dyersburg & Memphis.

The only commuter station in town used by Music City Star is downtown at Riverfront. Not sure if the Vandy commuter shuttle bus would stop at the Frist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville