Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 01:09 PM

5 posts, read 14,368 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone my husband and I have been talking about moving to TN so he can go to school at the Nashville Auto Diesel College which is just in Nashville on the northeast side on Gallatin Pike so we have been looking for a place for us to live (rented) while we are down there.We will be there for approx 1 year. We have found a pretty good deal on an apartment in Madison. But before we settle on anything I wanted to ask you natives. We are 22 and 23 and have a 1 1/2 year old daughter and we are from KY we want to stick with something outside of downtown because we have always lived in a small rural town. Something with low crime, daycares, parks, a walmart (lol) or other store like that, on the north northeast side preferably for easy access to visitng relatives and close to his school, and a pretty easy commute to get into Nashville. So if you can recommend a good outskirt town for us and if you want mention some places of interest around there like best daycares, parks to visit, and apartments that would be great!
Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2008, 01:12 PM

250 posts, read 1,014,199 times
I think Madison is a good choice for you. There are plenty of apartment choices, and the conveniences are ALL right there within a mile or 2. It's a great place to start for your situation, it sounds. Best of luck to you!

Old 04-13-2008, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnewman View Post
I think Madison is a good choice for you. There are plenty of apartment choices, and the conveniences are ALL right there within a mile or 2. It's a great place to start for your situation, it sounds. Best of luck to you!
thank you so much

Old 04-14-2008, 11:14 AM

97 posts, read 376,487 times
Have you considered living in Gallatin? My husband and I are relocating to the area in June and had the chance to look at rentals in the area. Our biggest concern was safety for our children. I can recommend some rentals in that area that we looked into. PM me back and I can give you detailed info if you would like. I can also recommend a realtor that knows the area and helped us out sooooooooooo much!

Old 04-14-2008, 06:04 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,738,916 times
Gallatin is a long haul to East Nashville where he will be going to school. Especially with the gas prices soaring like they are.

I would go North into Inglewood or Madison. I would not rent in the Diesel College area, but that's me. There are a lot of young Moms in the Inglewood area.

What is your price range for an apartment or small house to rent?

Old 04-22-2008, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis View Post
Gallatin is a long haul to East Nashville where he will be going to school. Especially with the gas prices soaring like they are.

I would go North into Inglewood or Madison. I would not rent in the Diesel College area, but that's me. There are a lot of young Moms in the Inglewood area.

What is your price range for an apartment or small house to rent?

1 or 2 bed something under $600

Old 04-22-2008, 04:20 PM

256 posts, read 888,508 times
What part of KY are you from.....

Old 06-09-2008, 03:34 PM

1 posts, read 3,784 times
I'm so excited to see this thread. I've been internet searching until I feel my eyes are going to pop out of my head! My son is heading to NADC in August and we are shopping for an apartment. His roommate backed out on him at the last minute and I need a safe place for him to live alone now.

Old 06-09-2008, 03:46 PM

11 posts, read 48,101 times
Rooms to go has some good deals. They are currently having a $699 sale, we got a sofa and loveseat.....not a bad deal at all.

Old 06-09-2008, 05:11 PM

597 posts, read 2,107,957 times
Inglewood would be a good place for you as long as your research the area. As most other places, it has delightful spots, and some not so much. I would be very convenient to NADA and since schools are not an immediate issue, I wouldn't hesitate at all. Easy access, everything you need within a few miles away, quite neighborhoods of houses with good yards and good neighbors. But, as always, investigate first. But don't count us out. Inglewood is only a short drive to the school, from anyway 10 minutes or less.There are not many apts, but I've seen several house for rent signs lately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville