Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Friendly, safe, clean community near Nashville to rent, apartments online

Old 03-28-2008, 08:42 AM

1,287 posts, read 3,336,934 times

Advertisements

I'm just not up to reading through this entire forum!

My husband and I are trying like crazy to get the heck out of Memphis. He has worked here for almost two years, I've been here with him for one and we dislike it intensely. It's time to cut bait and make a plan to get out.

I have an opportunity for a very nice job that would require me to live near Nashville (within an hour).

My husband will stay with his job in Memphis for the time being, it is a good job and we have 3 kids in college, so we can't just chuck it all you know?

We'll likely have to live apart during the week for awhile.

I'm looking for a friendly, safe, clean community. Size really doesn't matter. Proximity to Nashville (esp the airport) and a convenient route to Memphis will matter. We'll both be finding a small place to rent in each city (to start). We're in our 40's and 50's, very active, enjoy music and sports and I'd love to FINALLY make some friends!
Oh...we're not heathens but we're not holy rollers either..if that makes a difference.
AND...we're both originally Midwesterners (WI/OH) but have lived many different places. I'm hoping our experience in Memphis is not indicative of the south in general.

Any suggestions?

Last edited by Tunky; 03-28-2008 at 08:43 AM.. Reason: forgot something
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2008, 03:35 PM

100 posts, read 352,231 times
Are you looking to rent an apartment? To be near the airport I would look in Mt. Juliet. It seems pretty safe and is close to the airport. There are several nice places in the Providence development. Do a search on Irreplacables posts--she just moved to Mt. Juliet and sounds like she did a lot of apartment hunting.

Good luck

Old 03-28-2008, 05:21 PM

270 posts, read 796,666 times
Rent.com was very helpful for me and because I rented an apartment I found on thier site I'm getting a $100 gift/credit card! woohoo I love free money But seriously rent.com and other rental sites are very helpful and since you do not have kids in public schools you have many more options on where to live. Good elementary school are top priority for me. Just beware!....the pictures on all the sites of the different apartments ALL LOOK perfect, like perfect places to live. I had my heart set on a place in Hendersonville and when I came on vaction to check places out I was very dissapointed! The one I wanted and a couple others were old and crusty and needed serious updating. Definatly not a place to raise kids and for the price HA! $200 more and I am in a brand new place that is bigger and perfect. Anyways, check out different areas and apartments online but then visit them before you sign a lease. Mt. Juliet is awesome but this apartment is the only place I found to rent complex wise that wasn't income restricted. So that is something to note when calling too, if they are resticted it was usually about 36k a year, if you make more then that you can't live there. I'd ask about Nashville in general, the city is great to visit, not sure what it is like to live in it though. Needing a 1 bedroom with no kids you will find something perfect for you in no time. Good luck oh and making friends is very easy here if your nice

Old 03-28-2008, 05:56 PM

1,287 posts, read 3,336,934 times
Thank you!

And I'm way nice!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville