Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 06:58 PM

19 posts, read 55,768 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,
A friend and I are moving to Hermitage from Ct next month. No jobs yet but we have an apt Anyway need to know if anybody has any recommendations for the following:
Dentist
Doctor
Hair Salon
Place to go for an oil change, car maintenence etc. that won't rip off a girl
Also, a good grocery store althought we'll probably just go to Super Walmart and is there a Whole Foods anywhere in the area?
Thanks for any info anybody has!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2007, 09:26 PM

120 posts, read 458,920 times
Hi!

For Doctors:
Dr. Halcomb at Summit Medical Center (ObGyn)
Dr. Rose Payne in Green Hills (Reg. Dr)
Dr. Michael Baker at Summit (Cardiologist)

Dentist:
Dr. Unland (Hermitage)

Grocery store:
Publix in the Oakwood Commons shopping center in Hermitage.
There is a Wild Oats (similar to Whole Foods) in Green Hills.

Hair Salons:
I go to Tangerine which is an Aveda salon in Murfreesboro, about 30-45mins away. There are several pretty good salons in Hermitage though!

Old 06-02-2007, 09:29 PM

One more:
I get my oil changed at the Goodyear in Hermitage (close to Publix and Whitts). They've been good to me but I don't let them do anything but change my oil.

Old 06-03-2007, 09:45 AM

Default one more thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmyp View Post
One more:
I get my oil changed at the Goodyear in Hermitage (close to Publix and Whitts). They've been good to me but I don't let them do anything but change my oil.
Do you have a suggestion for a place to go for getting brakes done or other car repairs?
Thank You so much for your suggestions

Old 06-03-2007, 10:08 AM

6,295 posts, read 23,220,402 times
What kind of cars do you have?

Old 06-03-2007, 10:50 AM

Default one more thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
What kind of cars do you have?
I have a 96 toyota Corolla. My roomate is buying a car when we get down there. I take it to Meineke up here. Are there any there?

Old 06-03-2007, 11:29 AM

13,356 posts, read 39,979,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammi647 View Post
I have a 96 toyota Corolla. My roomate is buying a car when we get down there. I take it to Meineke up here. Are there any there?
A quick check at Meineke's web site shows there are three locations in Nashville: Nolensville Road (south), Madison (north), and Hermitage (east).

Old 06-03-2007, 11:43 AM

6,295 posts, read 23,220,402 times
Yes, there are Meineke's, as well as Midas and Budget Brakes. I find that Midas does good work, but they're pricey. For oil changes I use one of the quick lube places.

For more difficult repairs, Beaman Toyota has a reasonably good reputation I believe. Rivergate Toyota would closer to you however; I don't know anything about their reputation.

Old 06-03-2007, 10:25 PM

I've been to Budget Brakes a few times and they've done good work. There is a shop called Adam's Automotive (off of Lebanon Rd towards Mt. Juliet) that does good work as well! I'm pretty sure he works on Toyotas!

Old 06-06-2007, 03:44 PM

3 posts, read 8,216 times
Dr. Lee Tucker, in N'ville, internist/g.p. Excellent doc, very nice guy. Didn't ask for one, but can recommend an eye doc, Dr. Ducklow, also N'ville. Big benefit to consumers in Nville area is having Vanderbilt U there, excellent med school, lots of grads stay in the area. Be sure to venture outside Hermitage for goods & services, ditto the Wild Oats rec. in Green Hills (a neighborhood w/in Nville), wide range of shops, etc. Good mall and best bookstore in area, Davis Kidd. Only lived in Nville a couple of years, but, for a midwestern girl, I liked it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville