Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2006, 08:45 AM

Location: right now still germany.10 may in clarksville,my husbands hometown.we have a house there.
1 posts, read 4,085 times

Advertisements

hi,

moving from germany to clarksville,tn on may 10. my 12 year old twins a terrified they never lived in the staates before. my husband(who grew up in clarksville) and my girls are coming on june 2(dont get me started). now,i want to know about good places and fun places to visit so i can make it a little easier for my girls.
any suggestions are greatly appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2006, 04:13 PM

10 posts, read 51,476 times
I lived in Clarksville when I went to college there. It is a city with a small town feel. I think you will enjoy it there as it has malls and theaters as well as some nice parks. I loved living there, and I wish I still did at times.

Old 07-08-2006, 07:48 AM

1 posts, read 4,085 times
Hello

I hope you still read this. We are also in Germany but will move to Ft. Campbell ending of September so we have something in common

Old 07-08-2006, 09:47 PM

954 posts, read 4,383,409 times
If you want to do much beyond shop and eat, you're going to have to go into Nashville. I went to college in Nashville. As the State Capitol and with plenty of colleges/universities you can find quite a lot there.
My best friend from college still lives there.
One negative - Get ready for sinus problems. It is the sinus trouble capitol of the South.

Old 08-02-2006, 06:40 PM

7 posts, read 26,048 times
We left Ft. Campbell area a year and half ago. The town is split into 3 sections, Fort Campbell side, downtown, and Wilma Rudolph (this is where the mall is at) Check out Dunbar cave... nice park, cave tour, picnic, trails. Downtown side you can go out to the fairgrounds and they have a very nice playground area for kids. The library is on Madison St. They offer great free things for kids to do (I babysat while I lived there, so I found this great!) Rent is kind of expensive considering it's usually more than BAH, it's cheaper to buy a house there definately, but might be hard to sell if you move. Definately take advantage of shopping at the commissary. Sales tax is high, 9.5% in clarksville, yet cheaper in Nashville. Nashville is about a 30 min drive and worth it, nice mall there. Take a 3 hr drive and check out Rock City or Ruby Falls, it's great! Steer clear of Hunter Chase Apartments on Madison St. they don't inforce their "rules" and can turn into a dangerous hangout, at least when I was there. I ended up having JAG break my lease for me. Out on Dover road you can find some nice houses to rent and it's quiet out there, close to Gate 10, which is helpful beating that morning crowd at gate 4. Good Luck! I miss it there! We are now stationed in Virginia and wow do I want out of here :-)

Old 11-25-2007, 06:56 AM

1 posts, read 3,902 times
I am starting a new job (independent contractor) at Ft. Campbell. I am looking for an apartment that is close to post but safe, reasonable (350-425) price range and allows for a small dog. I want someplace that is quiet and SAFE but close to the post as my car is old and has 204,000 miles. Is there such a place close by? I don't want to live more than 15-20 minutes away. I have seen ads about some of the apartment complexes but wondered if anyone knew of a duplex or privately owned rental that I could contact? Thanks. I am trying to move in December or January--preferably sooner than later because I will have over an hour drive if I don't. Thanks for the help.

Old 11-26-2007, 11:53 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,528,829 times
Check along Tiny Town Road, lots of cheaper developments there and its close to post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville