Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2015, 08:51 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,728,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinestx View Post
I have read your comments about Brentwood and they're a fair reflection of what I know of the town. And yes, I've seen the dwindling number of ranches there too... one my aunt and uncle lived in back in the 80s. The land was subdivided and now has six McMansions (the good and expensive kind).

But getting back to the subject at hand... I can answer questions about Hendersonville (my parents just sold their farm for a development, presumably for McMansions) bur remain very curious about MJ. In light of that perspective, I have (perhaps mistakenly) generally thought of Mt. Juliet as similar to Hendersonville, but considerably behind in development. The latter is a big plus as far as I'm concerned.

As someone who travels extensively, I see the attraction to being 11 miles to the airport (over downtown), and access to the lake. As a lake bum when I was a kid, I know my next house will be on water. Mt. Juliet piques my curiosity too. But I would need room and a nice neighborhood on the lake. It's still probably 4-5 years from now, but I would not be surprised if that's where we end up. I would rather buy already built... and certainly don't want to overpay per square foot.
Dwindling number of ranches??? What?? Now you are disputing yourself. Earlier you noted that Brentwood's 1 acre per lot zoning didn't allow for things like this, and now you are claiming that ranches are being sold to divide up to build new houses.

You are all over the place. The ranches aren't dwindling. Some of the most sought after neighborhoods in Brentwood are ranch neighborhoods. Pretty much the entire Scales district and most of the Lipscomb district are ranch neighborhoods.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2015, 08:51 PM

1,398 posts, read 2,508,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post

You are the one who keeps throwing out bait, then insisting that you're hitting a nerve, when we are just answering questions.

The Corps of Engineers doesn't allow homes on Percy Priest.

Mt Juliet is barely on Old Hickory Lake.
Why do you keep taking the bait? Why the snark from you? I wasn't even addressing anything you wrote. And you keep jumping into this one... why? To keep stirring things? So are you going to help the OP now?

So my question for you... what is the zip code/address of the acres of undeveloped land on the lake in Wilson County, directly across from Hendersonville? I keep coming up with a Mt. Juliet address. You and your cohort seem to be making a distinction between what's in the city limits of MJ, and what's unincorporated. And no one here has even referred to PP lake.

So will you or Brentwood please elucidate on Mt. Juliet?

Old 11-04-2015, 08:53 PM

1,398 posts, read 2,508,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
Dwindling number of ranches??? What?? Now you are disputing yourself. Earlier you noted that Brentwood's 1 acre per lot zoning didn't allow for things like this, and now you are claiming that ranches are being sold to divide up to build new houses.
I can think of two neighborhoods right off Franklin Road that have a lot of ranches. Then there's one neighborhood across I-65. All of them from the 1960s. So where are you referring? DIsputing myself? My aunt and uncle had 8 acres.

Old 11-04-2015, 08:54 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Quote:
I have read your comments about Brentwood and they're a fair reflection of what I know of the town. And yes, I've seen the dwindling number of ranches there too... one my aunt and uncle lived in back in the 80s. The land was subdivided and now has six McMansions (the good and expensive kind).

But getting back to the subject at hand... I can answer questions about Hendersonville (my parents just sold their farm for a development, presumably for McMansions) bur remain very curious about MJ. In light of that perspective, I have (perhaps mistakenly) generally thought of Mt. Juliet as similar to Hendersonville, but considerably behind in development. The latter is a big plus as far as I'm concerned.

As someone who travels extensively, I see the attraction to being 11 miles to the airport (over downtown), and access to the lake. As a lake bum when I was a kid, I know my next house will be on water. Mt. Juliet piques my curiosity too. But I would need room and a nice neighborhood on the lake. It's still probably 4-5 years from now, but I would not be surprised if that's where we end up. I would rather buy already built... and certainly don't want to overpay per square foot.
The way the market here is now, it's almost certain that anyone who buys in the high-growth of Middle TN now and probably until the next "correction" will "overpay" per square foot.

Old 11-04-2015, 08:56 PM

29 posts, read 48,248 times
Quote:
Your snark is really out of place here.

Brentwoodgirl responded with factual info. "Had those numbers handy?" That's what the most helpful posters here do. And it's easy to "have the numbers handy" because the numbers are readily available and very clear.

I don't think anyone here is trying to say that Brentwood is charming. Mt Juliet was a small country town whose recent growth has been driven by one massive development. Most Nashville residents always considered Mt Juliet to be "out of town." It was never a true suburb.

Brentwood is 11 miles from downtown Nashville, and its early housing patterns mirror that of nearby Forest Hills. You're the only one who brought up Belle Meade in what seems like a random attempt to throw shade at Brentwood, which apparently isn't even one of the OP's real choices.

OP, you asked if Franklin is "normal" because you got some feeling that it's uppity. If being around affluent people worries you or makes you uncomfortable in any way, you should not move there. It's full of plenty of nice, friendly folks from all over, but if you feel in your gut that Mt Juliet feels more like home to you, you certainly should move there.
Oh gee! Do you guys work for the Williamson County Chamber of Commerce?

Mt. Juliet is affluent. I'm seriously wondering if you guys get out of Williamson County much.

The numbers that Brentwoodgirl cited are very old. I laughed very hard when I saw that she put the median home price in Mt. Juliet was 216k. I just looked at the realtracs site you were talking about and 39 homes were under 216k compared to 240 homes over 216k. So....uh....yeah, 216k is pretty much impossible.

Drake, I've seen a lot of farms by the lake in Mt. Juliet. I don't see much development up there yet....yet.

Old 11-04-2015, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Why do you keep taking the bait? Why the snark from you? I wasn't even addressing anything you wrote. And you keep jumping into this one... why? To keep stirring things? So are you going to help the OP now?

So my question for you... what is the zip code/address of the acres of undeveloped land on the lake in Wilson County, directly across from Hendersonville? I keep coming up with a Mt. Juliet address. You and your cohort seem to be making a distinction between what's in the city limits of MJ, and what's unincorporated. And no one here has even referred to PP lake.

So will you or Brentwood please elucidate on Mt. Juliet?
I'm not taking any bait. I'm correcting misleading info and misplaced ... derision you have toward a part of town I know well.

Zip codes are made up by the post office strictly to delineate delivery areas. 37076 is probably the one you are looking for.

Old 11-04-2015, 09:03 PM

Quote:
I can think of two neighborhoods right off Franklin Road that have a lot of ranches. Then there's one neighborhood across I-65. All of them from the 1960s. So where are you referring? DIsputing myself? My aunt and uncle had 8 acres.
Starting in west Brentwood- Wildwood, Laurelwood, River Oaks, the neighborhoods surrounding Scales (not sure of the names), pretty much everything between Murray Lane and Grassland, most of Belle Rive, Meadow Lake, Williamsburg Estates, Meadowlake, some of the streets close to Concord and Franklin Road, the area off Wilson Pike circle between Sonic and Franklin Road, Carondolet, and Brenthaven all are ranches. And I'm sure I didn't cover all of the neighborhoods, those are just the ones I know offhand.

Old 11-04-2015, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cards1988 View Post

Mt. Juliet is affluent. I'm seriously wondering if you guys get out of Williamson County much.

The numbers that Brentwoodgirl cited are very old. I laughed very hard when I saw that she put the median home price in Mt. Juliet was 216k. I just looked at the realtracs site you were talking about and 39 homes were under 216k compared to 240 homes over 216k. So....uh....yeah, 216k is pretty much impossible.

She listed the MEDIAN price, not the average. 5 days ago the median there was listed at $230K.

Mount Juliet TN Real Estate - Mount Juliet Homes For Sale

I "get out" of Williamson County all the time. I've lived here for 25 years, so while no, I don't work for the Chamber, I know a lot about it. I really don't understand the sarcasm. You came here for help, and you're getting it.

If you have a gut feeling, you should go with it.

Old 11-04-2015, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cards1988 View Post

Drake, I've seen a lot of farms by the lake in Mt. Juliet. I don't see much development up there yet....yet.
Do you consider 2013 "very old"? Because that's the data I posted. And I linked the source.

Old 11-04-2015, 09:10 PM

29 posts, read 48,248 times
Quote:
She listed the MEDIAN price, not the average. 5 days ago the median there was listed at $230K.

Mount Juliet TN Real Estate - Mount Juliet Homes For Sale

I "get out" of Williamson County all the time. I've lived here for 25 years, so while no, I don't work for the Chamber, I know a lot about it. I really don't understand the sarcasm. You came here for help, and you're getting it.

If you have a gut feeling, you should go with it.
How can the average sales price be 375k in Mt. Juliet, but the median be 230k. Besides the 230k in text looks like it's text that hasn't changed in a while.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville